Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES For Wednesday (Read 50 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They usually use this gas that makes you doozy and laugh like a crazy person.  Did they ask you to bring somebody to drive you home?

I remember mine hurt like a mother for days because the stitches were too tight, so I didn't do much but sulk in bed for days even though my grandfather's funeral was going on at the time.

3.34 miles @ 9:37.  Nice easy jog with a couple of fartleks thrown in on downhills for fun.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, but it's just at the dentist, not the surgeon.  He said it shouldn't be a big deal, which is good since I have a 5k on Saturday.  Anyway, I'm not counting on being able to run so this is probably it until race day.

Damaris

Luke79

Nah, he didn't say anything about that.  I'm pretty sure they're going to use a local.  I could care less really, I just want them OUT.  I'm so tired of my jaw hurting all the time lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did 3.7 miles after work yesterday in the so 'cool' 87 degree weather.  Guess I'm acclimatizing better now because I felt pretty good for the whole way.  Started at the YMCA, went through a local city park, and then finished up by coming across the campus of Trinity University.  This is a nice course because water fountains are available in the park and on the campus, which was very convenient, running in that warm weather.   Today my wife has the day off so after work we are going to go do a strength training circuit on the weight machines.

OK, I had to laugh at this right before my run/walk yesterday.  I am SUCH an idiot.  I packed my  gym bag in the early morning yesterday before leaving work, grabbed a pair of shoes of my shoe shelf, and  put them into my bag.  I have 2 pairs of Nimbus 14s, that are the same shoe (same color), so I put different colored laces in each pair to distinguish them from each other.  After work, when I got to the Y and changed clothes I realized - as you can see from this photo -

I had grabbed my blue laces left shoe Nimbus and my red laces right shoe Nimbus, lol.  I am such an idiot!  I had to laugh at myself.  I took this photo with my phone right before I started my run/walk.  Oh well, at least I was lucky enough to not grab 2 left shoes or 2 right shoes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hey guys!

Did 4.5 miles today, 1 mile of that at 12.0 on the treadmill and inclines varying up to 6, time varying from 15 second sprints to 40-second sprints at a lower incline.  I just kind of felt 'meh' today (heavy legs) so I didn't try to run same-length intervals, just went with it.  Treadmill fartlek?

I was gonna do more lifting but the gym fire alarm went off so I only got to do 3 sets each of deadlift, chest press, and box jumps, along with some abs.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Hip Redux

That's pretty stylish, scotty!

DaveP MI, beautiful pre-work nine-miler. Have fun with DD tonight.

Sarah, enjoy doing whatever you do.

AprilRunner, have a pleasant post-work run.

Beth, have a great swim. I hope that tapering isn't terrible.

Rick, sweet seven-miler. In an hour! Just awesome.

Nicole, have fun cross-training with housework.

B-Plus, enjoy the post-work six-miler.

Jack, have fantastic four recovery miles.

Zelanie, I hope that your three-mile I comfortable.

Brrrrrrr, bravo on having run five miles already.

SIAR, have a great group run.

Shari, nice nine-miler. Brava on sixty push-ups.

Jay, enjoy doubling.

outoftheblue, have an excellent run.

Marjorie, terrific 10.6.

Robert, amazing 3.4. I hope that your calf heals soon.

Luke, sweet 3.34. Good luck with the wisdom-tooth extraction tomorrow.

scottydawg, your reports always make me smile.

scappodaqui, smoking, challenging 4.5.

2.59 miles during my break in 23:09.77. 8:57 pace. Splits: 9:13.15/8:45.92/05:10.70(8:48). Down slightly hilly Chestnut Hill Avenue.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, flarunner!  Very original thread title! Wink Glad you had a great run and you did not see that driver-lady from yesterday.

Have fun in Orlando, Phil!

Bruce, enoy your week of easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Enjoy the bike ride, lilac!  Hope your quads don't hurt after.  That's what happens to me after a long layoff from the bike, I go ride and then post-ride my quads are really sore!  Among other parts.  Guess it's like running, you have to KEEP doing it so your body stays used to it.

Damaris, you ran with Hokas this morning?  And just what the heck is a Hoka?

Congrats on your good start to May, Basya!

Way to go on your run, DaveP.   Your daughter probably thinks "Good Dad!"  Big grin

Sarah, I really hope your MRI results are good news for you!

Happy swimming, Beth!  Sorry about the allergies, though, that sucks.  I am always VERY thankful I don't have those, after I read what you and Damaris and others go through.

I got in 7 miles on the nose, in 60 minutes flat, something I could not do again if my life depended on it!   Oh, I bet you could do it again, LRB, even if your life didn't depend on it.  You are speedy!  Congrats on the run!

Good luck with the domestic catchup stuff, Hobbit!

Happy miles for both of you, B-Plus and Jack!

Zelanie, I hope you continue to feel good!

Gee, Brrr, I never miss any days of speedwork!  Cuz I don't do any, lol.  Joking   Although a runner friend of mine, who is VERY speedy, and does do speedwork, saw me a few days back running some steep area hills and he told me that WAS speedwork.  What?  Shocked  No, it's not!   I'm in DENIAL about that, cuz I actually like uphills (HATE the downhills!), makes me feel strong.  Don't ruin my fun by telling me it's speedwork!  Wink   Anyway, enjoy your easy recovery miles for a while!

Have fun with your group run SIAR!

Dang, 9 miles AND 60 pushups!  Way to go, Step!

Enjoy the day off work, shirfan!

Seeing Basya and Step doing all these push-ups makes me realize I've been slaking off on my weight training lately.  I need to get back to it.   Me, too, outoftheblue.  My doc already scolded me about it.  And scolded me about my doing SIX runs last week, instead of my usual 4 runs a week......apparently he checks up on occasionally by reading my online race reports.......OOOPS.  Good luck with your miles later!

Congrats on your run, Marjorie, and on your weather!

Glad you could get some miles in, Robert, sorry about the still-sore calf though.

Good luck with the wisdom teeth pulling, Luke!   Hope you feel good enough to race on Saturday.  I had mine all taken out when I was about 23.  No real problems, other than for a while after that, bits of the food that I ate  kept "falling" into the holes where the teeth used to be, lol.  I was very lucky, I was in the military and lived in the Philippines at the time.  So after my surgery,  these very nice bar-girls that I had become friends with  would come over to my apartment and take care of me..cook for me, clean, etc..  Yeah, it's nice to have friends.  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's a shoe mainly for ultra runners.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Very patriotic shoes you have there, Scotty. Wink

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's a shoe mainly for ultra runners.

Oh. No wonder I didn't know.  Cuz I'm a....what's the opposite of Ultra?  That's the kind of runner I am... Joking

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Other people use them too.  They have lots of cushion so you might even like them.

Oh. No wonder I didn't know.  Cuz I'm a....what's the opposite of Ultra?  That's the kind of runner I am... Joking

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya and Scotty are so good at personals.  I suck at keeping up.

Beth your just swimming made me smile.  Just swimming from just BS Smile

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - I see one left, one right, same brand and style of shoe - so what's the problem? You're just ready for July 4 a little early!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Those were my thoughts exactly.

Scotty - I see one left, one right, same brand and style of shoe - so what's the problem? You're just ready for July 4 a little early!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

A good first day of vacation though we are running on fumes thanks to that early wake up. I think it'll be dinner then an early night.  Just taking a breather in our room right now.

<3