Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Hi.

I ran 7 on the funky monkey.  The sidewalks are clear so I could've run outside, but at 17 with a 7 degree wind chill plus windy still, I just didn't feel like dealing with it. Whatever.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Pilates class for me and that's it.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I pedaled for 3:00 on the trainer.  I did a virtual mountain climb; 7.6 miles with 3600 ft of elevation for an average grade of 8%.  I know it wasn't real, but in the 1:15:10 elapsed time, my legs and lungs were convinced I was going up Everest.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Work is nuts, man.  I got to work this morning and sat in the car for a minutes because I was not looking forward to going inside.  It's been like that lately.  Aaaaaanyway, I swam 2600 yards before work.  Tempo run today.  Only 21 minutes of tempo work to do...no 10 miler.  HOORAY!

I pedaled for 3:00 on the trainer.  I did a virtual mountain climb; 7.6 miles with 3600 ft of elevation for an average grade of 8%.  I know it wasn't real, but in the 1:15:10 elapsed time, my legs and lungs were convinced I was going up Everest.

That is impressive.  Well done.  My trainer tolerance so far as maxed out at 2.5 hours and it's only because I had a good movie on.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got up and got to the gym, felt good up until the last 20 minutes... got dizzy and kind of sick to my stomach so I didn't run afterwards, hope I can leave the shop early enough to get in an easy 3-4 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

Trying to rest so I can finally beat whatever mutant virus I have. No running yesterday and I slept 9pm-6am.

I really need to resume to running sooner than later though. I felt super bitchy at work yesterday, will try harder to be nicer today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Trying to rest so I can finally beat whatever mutant virus I have. No running yesterday and I slept 9pm-6am.

I really need to resume to running sooner than later though. I felt super bitchy at work yesterday, will try harder to be nicer today.

How long has it been?  I think you have what I had.  Mine was 5 weeks before I felt human again. Sad

Damaris

sdWhiskers

How long has it been?  I think you have what I had.  Mine was 5 weeks before I felt human again. Sad

This is week 5 

We Clorox'd the whole house over the weekend. DH had finally sounded better at the end of last week but now is back to feeling like death.

I have a 5K on Sunday for a PR attempt, lol

Cyberic

Cold and windy here today. Yesterday evening ran home with gusts of 45-50 MPH.

At work, we had a last minute meeting yesterday, and the project I've been working on for the last 6 years is put on hold for the next 6 months. They have reassigned me to a political dossier  . I think I know why they did that (I have opinions, I can explain them, defend them, have an open mind to an opposing argument) but I despise politics. I am an "in your face" kind of person, and politics are exactly the opposite.

Will go run fast at lunch. I think I'll copy Onemile's workout from yesterday. 4 x 1200. I just need to figure out if I'll take 3:00 rests, or 2:30 or 2:00. Decisions, decisions Smile

LRB

Cold and windy here today. Yesterday evening ran home with gusts of 45-50 MPH.

That's commitment! I'm only half committed. lol

onemile

Will go run fast at lunch. I think I'll copy Onemile's workout from yesterday. 4 x 1200. I just need to figure out if I'll take 3:00 rests, or 2:30 or 2:00. Decisions, decisions Smile

Mine was supposed to be 3-4 minutes, full recovery. I felt fully recovered by 3:00 so that's what I did.

LRB

This is week 5 

We Clorox'd the whole house over the weekend. DH had finally sounded better at the end of last week but now is back to feeling like death.

I have a 5K on Sunday for a PR attempt, lol

Hopefully it's not an issue with mold.

DavePNW

My legs have been shit the last couple runs. Slept like crap last night. And during my 2-mile warmup, my lungs did not seem to be working very well. So I was not looking forward to my workout today. Had 6x800m cruise intervals + 3x200m. The fun part was that recoveries were only 200m. In the end though, I was pretty satisfied with the results.

Dave

Cyberic

That's commitment! I'm only half committed. lol

In a way, I find those occasions funny. I'm there, fighting against the wind. It's crazy to be out there when 99.9% of the people would choose to use the car. Funny.

In my mind, these days, I "train" about one hour a week. 2 lunch time workouts. All my other runs have a purpose that is only partly running. On my commutes I'm running to work. On Saturdays I'm running with my pal Denis. We chat the whole time. On Sundays, either I go chat with Karine, or I go on the beautiful Mount-Royal to enjoy myself.

Right now I could increase my mileage, and mentally it wouldn't be a problem. My runs don't suck. Physically, though, I feel like it is enough as it is. I'm not broken, but I have enough little aches here and there to persuade myself I shouldn't run more.

Cyberic

Mine was supposed to be 3-4 minutes, full recovery. I felt fully recovered by 3:00 so that's what I did.

Lack of time is an issue in my case. You had paces to hit, thus the full recovery. I am not targetting a pace. I just want to "feel" like it was a workout. My legs have been very tired for the past couple of days, so I have no idea what I'll have in me.