Beginners and Beyond

Shake your groove thing Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

DavePNW

In other news, I hit 1500 miles for the year yesterday, which means that early next week, I should pass last year's total.

Nice milestone, this early in the year!

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.5 miles for me this morning at O.P. Schnabel Park.  About Mile 1 I encountered a group of about 20 high school kids out doing a training run on the same trails I was on.  They were strung out along the trail, kind of like a race pack after the race has been going for a while....2 people here, 3 or 4 people there, and so forth.   I was behind a group of 3, 2 young ladies and a young man, and decided I would see how long I could stick with them.   Well, I managed to stick with them for one of my full running intervals (8 minutes) before my watch beeped for my walk break but, wow, those kids were wearing me out, lol.  I normally run probably about an 11-something minute mile during my training runs....but sticking with these kids, I saw when I got to the trail mile-marker that I'd just done a 10:18 mile, so about a minute or so faster pace than I usually do.   Tiring, but fun.  Weather was humid, but not bad overall.  Only 78 degrees (nice!  our cool front is trying to make it into town!), 87% humidity, but dew-point only in the mid 60s.

I shook my groove thing and it didn't have any groove left.  It's hell getting old... 

Glad your 10 went well, FreeSoul.

Happy SRD, Dave.

Good luck with the taper, Cy.

Enjoy the 7 easy, Baboon.  Keep the legs fresh.

Good luck with your miles tonite, Damaris.  Hope your lungs feel better for it.

18 miles starting at 9 PM.  Well, Sly, at least it will be a bit cooler then.

Congrats on the 1500, Z!

Good luck with all that, OOTB!  Busy schedule for you today!

B-Plus, what the heck is a 'whitecaps game'?  You bet on the way the foam on ocean waves is going to blow or something? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

B-Plus, what the heck is a 'whitecaps game'?  You bet on the way the foam on ocean waves is going to blow or something? 

The Whitecaps are some nondescript soccer team that thinks they're better than the Timbers.

OOTB- That was a heck of a long run you posted yesterday, congrats!

LRB

'Sup crew!

I ran today and in other news, I'm a runner.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's this taper you speak of...

18 miles sometime today.  Looking at my schedule, it appears that I might start it at 9pm... Joy.

DR

Take care of those lungs.  I get cold weather exercise induced after hard workouts that leave me hacking for a bit. Sucks but that's only for 10-30 minuets after.  I can't imagine dealing with that for a day or more after.

This is the main reason why I cannot do as much speedwork as I like.  It just stops me from working hard for a week or two. I dialed down and stopped during the run so hopefully, I did not screw myself up for the MP workout I have on Sunday.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Zel - It sounds like you're doing it right!

I'm about to be $225 poorer. After work, 6 miles then one of those rare weeknight whitecaps games.

Go, B+!

Damaris

B-Plus

The Whitecaps are some nondescript soccer team that thinks they're better than the Timbers.

OOTB- That was a heck of a long run you posted yesterday, congrats!

B-Plus

Go, B+!

I got my name in. Now just waiting impatiently.

B-Plus

'Sup crew!

I ran today and in other news, I'm a runner.  

Congrats!

LRB

Regarding half marathon tapering for a goal event it starts the weekend before the event where I limit the long run to 90 minutes.

Everything else is pretty much the same except the mileage begins to taper three days out down to about 4 miles the day before the race.

So where I normally would do 8, 7, 7, 7 Tuesday through Friday it would be 8, 7, 6, 6 or something to that effect with a 4 mile run the day before.

It obviously depends on how I feel but generally speaking I only taper that week, that is including  peak weeks which would have come and gone by the week of the event.

happylily

Zel - It sounds like you're doing it right!

I'm about to be $225 poorer. After work, 6 miles then one of those rare weeknight whitecaps games.

I'm thinking about it as well. Should I or shouldn't I... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

I'm thinking about it as well. Should I or shouldn't I... 

Who are you kidding? We all know that you will. I'm surprised you haven't applied yet. You must have BQ-20, don't you?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't keep track of that stuff either, but my log does.  I checked yours, and it looks like you rain 1178.8 miles last year- so did you just pass last year's total this week? Smile

Lol, how come I can't see that? Where did you look?

I guess I have surpassed it at this point lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I got my name in. Now just waiting impatiently.

A man with a plan, nice!

happylily

Who are you kidding? We all know that you will. I'm surprised you haven't applied yet. You must have BQ-20, don't you?

No -20 for me in the last 12 months. My best was -18 from Chicago, after I was injured and only had 9 weeks to train after my return. That puts me with the second round mortals.   Actually, these days, I feel like I'll never BQ -20 again... I need a heavy tune-up at the garage.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010