Beginners and Beyond

Let's get this show on the road FriDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Plan said 5 recovery, problem is, I don't need a recovery run after only a 9 miler, so I did an easy 7 miler.  As the quality and distance increases, I'm sure I'll need them, but for now I'll take a lil extra mileage.  Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I bounced on the stability ball daily for the last 2 weeks before Dorian's birth, I walked and hiked 2-3 miles everyday for the final 2 months and even ran a little trying to get him out, I even ate the pineapple "cord" or whatever they call it, the tube looking thing that comes with those pineapple slices in plastic.  His due date was April 12 but he decided that Friday the 13th would be a much better birthday lol.

Nope, not yet. Sad DW is looking at things like spicy food, reflexology and maybe even castor oil.

Basya - DW is doing good. She does need to chase a 2 YO around while being 9 months pregnant, but she's holding in there. She does get tired, so more sitting than she would like. I can just imagine running around with an extra 30 pounds on me.

I did run this morning. 7.1 easy miles including 10 strides. I'm just trying to get in miles before I can't. The plan is to be at the hospital two days (or so). I am taking time off after the baby is born - about two weeks. That should help DD#2 get in to some sort of pattern and DW get a schedule down for both girls.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Got it 10.2 at the other park.  Waited a bit too long to head out and it was warm and sticky.  Still, I am glad I got in 10- one of the major features of my plan is that there are back-to-back 10's on the weeks without a long run.  Since my miles will be down this week, I wanted to at least get that in.

I walked a ton the week before DD was born, because she was transverse.  She turned, but then was born at 37 weeks.  DW probably doesn't want to hear that story right now!  But it did turn out to be a bit of a hassle because we qualified for WIC and because she was small at birth, she stayed below the growth charts for the first couple of years.  Nothing freaks a public health worker out like some hippies with a small kid.  We ended up dropping out of the program because we didn't like the eye on us like we weren't feeding her.  Plus we had enough cornflakes and OJ to last us a lifetime.

LRB

LRB- How do you feel after your mini-break?

Mentally I am as fresh as ever which is really what I wanted out it.  At this time last year my brain was fried and that affected my training negatively so yay for that.

I have new training paces thanks to my mile race two weeks ago and fully expect to get my ass kicked all over the boulevard for the next three months trying to run them so the break was timely. lol

If I can just get this stupid groin/hip issue resolved I would feel a little better about things but as we all know injuries are sometimes things we just have to deal with.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I have new training paces thanks to my mile race two weeks ago and fully expect to get my ass kicked all over the boulevard for the next three months trying to run them so the break was timely. lol

I hear you there. I just upped my VDOT to 44 for this HM training. Definitely notice the quicker paces. It dropped 11 seconds off of my Theshold time. It's not bad when you're doing mile repeats, but when you're doing a 4 mile run then it's not so fun.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. I cut two toes. Left foot nail rub of my 5th toe against the 4th. Right foot tripped on a piece of sidewalk. Slammed big toe up against top of  my shoe. Didn't fall but did say ouch out loud. Nice cut top of big toe. Not hurting too bad and I finished the run. Blood both socks when I got home.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

10.2. I cut two toes. Left foot nail rub of my 5th toe against the 4th. Right foot tripped on a piece of sidewalk. Slammed big toe up against top of  my shoe. Didn't fall but did say ouch out loud. Nice cut top of big toe. Not hurting too bad and I finished the run. Blood both socks when I got home.

Ouch Marjorie Ann. Sounds painful. I hope it heals up nicely for you, and doesn't impair your running.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.  Haircut after work.  5K tomorrow morning.

We don't have 66 degrees since we live in SOUTH Texas and that darn NORTH Texas is getting the cold front.    But we did get some rain last night and into this morning.  Quite a lightning-and-thunder show, started about 7:30 PM and lasted until about 6 a.m. this morning.  We had lots of road floodings and a couple of people - STUPID people - went around the barriers and got stuck in the water and had to be rescued.   Per city policy - which is WELL publicized and everyone knows about it - since they went around the barrier the next thing they will get is a $500 fine for that, and also a bill for $2,000 to pay for the rescue services.  As I said...STUPID people.

Sounds like today should be a rest day, Damaris.

Let's see, DaveP...woke up with knee throbbing, but ran on it anyway...and now it hurts again.  Well, gee, go figure....

Good luck with the recovery miles, Lily!

"Hi, I'm Phil, and I'm a Garmin addict."   Everyone else that wears a garmin say 'Hi, Phil!"      A few non-gadget runs might be good for you, Phil!   Well, I can't relate, since I never have used a garmin, but I hope you get it all worked out for your sanity's sake.

Good luck to your DS, Step!

Nice running for you, FreeSoul, glad you didn't do the face-plant thing.  Was Rocky looking at you at that moment like..."See, that's why 4 legs are better!" 

Did you have another slog-fest out there, Z?

What she needs to eat, Andrew, is BRUSSEL SPROUTS.  Kid sees that coming down the food tube, that kid is gonna really want to get out of there! Cuz you know how much kids so love to eat their cooked brussel sprouts! 

Congrats on your flowing 5-miler, LRB!  At my age, a flowing 5-miler is where I have to stop about every mile or so and pee...

ONLY a 9-miler....must be nice to be SUPER Dave, D2!

Congrats on your 10.2 miles, Marjorie, wounded and everything!  Warrior Marjorie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We don't have 66 degrees EVER EVER EVER.  In fact, what is 66 degrees?

Sounds like today should be a rest day, Damaris.

FYP.

And I cannot take a rest day.  I cannot cancel the class or I would have to pay it anyway and these are not cheap.  She will concentrate on getting flow into my legs, no worries.  By the time I leave, she will have me as good as new.

Damaris

Happy Happy Friday!

Rick, thank you for starting today's dailies. Excellent five.

Damaris, enjoy Pilates and running. How many days per week can one do Pilates?

DaveP MI, nice ten. I hope that your knee feels better, soon.

Lily, have a wonderful recovery run tonight.

Phil, a necrogarmin is no good. Sweet five. How do you like Strava?

Shari, beautiful 6.5. Good luck to DS! Andrew, fantastic 7.1. I hope that Brrrita (y'all are expecting a girl, no?) arrives in a timely manner.

Dave, bravo on the seven.

FreeSoul 87, Dorian has a great sense of timing, LOL. Great trail run this morning. Zelanie, brava on the 10.2.

Marjorie, terrific 10.2. I hope that your toes heal soon.

scottydawg, have a pleasant rest day.

Even though I'm watching my diet (birthday next month and MCM in October), I budgeted calories for a glass of pinot noir. I slept in this morning, so, I'll do six, plus ab work and push-ups, after work. And a big yay: my entry into the B.A.A. Half has been confirmed!

LRB

Pinot Noir?  You my dear are beautiful!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

And a big yay: my entry into the B.A.A. Half has been confirmed!

Congrats Basya! I guess they just knew they were going to pick you. Smile

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, yay!  Not sure how many days one can do but there is a 3 time a week package.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

DS had a successful meet. 6th (of 7) in the 800, but he ran/jogged every step of it to finish in 4:40. It was cute, because he and another littler guy just chugged along together, a half-lap back from the rest, for most of the way. Then DS turned it on the last 150 yards. He also won a ribbon for a 4x100 relay, but only because there were only 5 teams. His team had to run with the 9&10 year-olds because one of the boys was 9; DS and one other boy are both 8, and their fourth team member is only 6.

And he was less than a half-inch off placing in the long jump. I don't think his 400 was as fast as last week, but last week it was his first race; this week, he had already run the 800 before that.

Andrew - I've heard that sex can help jump-start labor, but suggesting that might not go over really well depending on how your DW is feeling. Wink Wishing the best for a quick labor and recovery for her!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Andrew - I've heard that sex can help jump-start labor, but suggesting that might not go over really well depending on how your DW is feeling. Wink

I was not going to touch that but yeah, when my honey was fed up I had "a job to do"  lol