Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Happy Festivus TuesDAILY (Read 19 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pengs and Happy Festivus !!!

Looks like a good day for a 10 miler after work,

on my way to badass

Happy Festivus Penguins! Thanks for starting us off Jerry. Streak still going.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Morning and Happy Festivus to all.

Cold and rain so I opted for the TM & 3 this morning. Group later.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all - pie and cookie baking all morning!  I'll squeeze in a 4 mile run before catching the train down to my parents house Smile

sf - great job on the streaking! Are you going to continue after New Years?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Is there a New Years Day to Thanksgiving streak?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning Penguins! Happy holidays.

Getting ready for the big family gathering here at the Wood house. I've got six miles on the schedule for tonight.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 and weights tonight.

Damaris

hog4life

After two rest days, I'll try to get a few tonight.

obiebyke

I might do tabata this afternoon. It's a SRD. I get to pick my sister up from the airport tonight! Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

My Festivus Pole is ready! Let's begin with the Airing of Grievances.

I'm heading out the door for three or four miles, all easy this week.

See ya.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pens.

My Festivus Pole is ready! Let's begin with the Airing of Grievances.

I'm heading out the door for three or four miles, all easy this week.

See ya.

"Feats of Strength" would be more appropriate for you, Jack.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Festivus!  The Grievance Penguin is ready!

And the "Feats of Strength" Penguin is standing by...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 foggy wet miles this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

At work now and thought I was working until 2 PM.  But my boss just came by and told me since I came in on Sunday to help us stay caught up for this 'down week', I could go home today after lunch  - in about an hour....yay!   Then I am off until next Monday...yay!

Plan on going out to Randolph Air Force Base today and do an easy 3 miles on the paved running trail out there.  We are getting in another 'cold' front - temp is dropping into the low 40s today, quite a change from the 70s we had yesterday!   Then on Christmas Day, San Antonio will be back in the upper 60s. Crazy Texas weather!

When I got dressed for work this morning - jeans, since we are in a 'down week', so nice and relaxing - Gail told me I need to go get some NEW jeans, these were falling off my butt.  What?   So I weighed myself and was surprised to find I am  down to 183 lbs now - two summers ago, I was around 235 -  which I have not weighed since I was in the Air Force, sooo yay!   When I went to my many races this past year, I kept getting comments from my running pals about me losing weight, but I just kinda blew it off, since I really tend not to weigh myself and always think I am staying about even about all the time -  around 203 the last time I weighed myself, which was in May - since I like to eat as much as I like to run - although I have gotten much better about laying off the fast food more now.  And now I find I guess my running pals were right, lol, I was slowly and steadily losing some weight over time.  Nice!

Good luck with the 10 miles after work, Jerry.

Way to keep the streak going, StoneFence!

Cold rain sucks, PAD.  Our temps are cooling but no rain here, so please keep that cold stuff up there!

I will pass on the pie, sapf, but please toss some cookies my way!   Enjoy your time with your parents!

You have a wood house, Awood?   Good luck with the miles!

8 and weights...and I bet your weather is still quite warm, isn't it, Damaris?

Hopefully after 2 days rest, Mitch, you will have a good strong run today!

Welcome to your sister, obiebyke!  Is she a runner too?   Enjoy the SRD!

Jack, you need to put a dancer on that pole!  And I don't mean the reindeer...    Enjoy your easy miles this week!

Foggy and wet does not sound pleasant, Robert.  But at least you don't have cold rain.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt