Beginners and Beyond

Who is working today Tuesdailies (Read 56 times)

LRB

I'm here working, I mean getting paid to post on RA...

Wassup yo!  FYP.

I got my run in: 1 X 800 + 4 X 1000's.

I seriously wanted to quit after that first 1000 when it became clear the conditions (15 MPH steady winds, 1 degree wind chill) would not allow me to hit my target pace, but I hung in there and just toughed it on out.

Mentally it was a beeyotch, but I just kept telling myself to do my best and live to run another day.  As it is I got 3 miles done @ 6:49, (6 miles total) and a very tough but rewarding workout in.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Safe drive tomorrow, Oski!

Sounds like a very active holiday for you, LRB!  And a damn cold one too!  Stay safe wiring that house, we don't want you lighting up like a christmas tree!  Dang, LRB, you ran outside in that weather? 

Safe trip to you and MBC, Baboon!  Enjoy the skiing - hope the knee behaves! - and watch out for goats!  Yes, there is a story there for me, lol.

Happy holidays, Step, and enjoy the time with your family!

Dave, DC is the area I grew up in - and DAMN Redskins, by the way, couldn't hold Dallas for ONE damn down to win the game?  Sheesh!  Anyway...I was watching the Weather Channel and apparently the are having some 'weather" up there!  Stay safe.  What, your banging away on the TM didn't wake up the household?  5 a.m... I'm surprised they did not get up and throw things at you.

Dang, Damaris...I think your husband needs to retrain and become a vet...   Sorry to hear about the 2nd kitty having issues.  Sounds like you need those miles to help keep you sane.  Glad to hear Hershey has no blockage.

Sorry about your DD, Andrew, hope she feels better!

so hopefully sometime soon we can get some grandkids.  Nothing like putting a little pressure on your DD, Sparker, to "deliver", so to speak...   Enjoy the time with your family!

Christmas Eve at Jack's house!  Everyone show up!   Enjoy the family and friends time, Jack!

Hope the 7 miles went well, Lily..and would not surprise me at all if you could do them in 20 minutes!  Enjoy the dinner, etc., with the kids!  "DD's House"....wait a minute...you're old enough to have a grown daughter?  You sure don't look it.

Dang, Beth....hope you are nice and safe and someplace warm now!  Hope they get all your power back on quickly..and you have very minimal damage, if any, to your place.

I would think cleaning a chicken coop does count as work, outoftheblue....what workplace doesn't have some chicken-shit to deal with at times? So I say, yes, it counts as work.

Wow, Kristin, you can swim with a boot on our foot?  That is impressive!

Marjorie continues to make progress! Animated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Working around the house is still 'working", Ric!  Log it as x-training!   Enjoy the family time!

Sorry about the sore quads, Zelanie, hope they feel better.  I'd volunteer to drive over and massage them for you if I lived closer.  Hey, what are friends for?    When you say 'get all the cookies out of the house.."  you don't mean by eating them all, do you?  Put the tray down and back away from the cookies...

Good luck with your 20 for the week, Lauren.  And, umm, by the way, a chihuahua is NOT a real dog...hope the 'mix' part is a lab or a collie or a retriever or some kind of bigger REAL dog. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I have to get out of here and get some things done so personals will have to wait...

You know you are all cool wit' me doe.  Have a good day peeps! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hershey can come home!

Damaris

I have learned to keep these thoughts all to myself and just wait for it to happen!

so hopefully sometime soon we can get some grandkids.  Nothing like putting a little pressure on your DD, Sparker, to "deliver", so to speak...   Enjoy the time with your family!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hershey can come home!

Hooray! Time to open the "Hershey" Bar in celebration!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hooray! Time to open the "Hershey" Bar in celebration!

I don't like chocolate!

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, dailies!

its Christmas Eve and I'm enjoying a few days with the family.

I seem to have come down with some kind of flu or another nasty kind of cold. Yesterday was the worst, but I'm feeling much better now. Yesterday evening, I was feeling really bad, weak, and had those deep chills that tend to come with a fever. Today, I'm feeling much better.

one week until I can "legally" run again! Can't wait.

Have a great Christmas, everyone. If you don't celebrate Christmas, have a happy December 25!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

one week until I can "legally" run again! Can't wait.

Excellent!

LRB

Wassup peeps!

I am back home and in for good after spending four hours wrapping that job up.  It is really cold out there, unseasonably so.  In fact I cannot remember a Christmas Eve where it was this damn cold.

Anyhoo, it is supposed to be in the mid 20's tomorrow which means I will be running in a long sleeve shirt without a jacket. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Wife and I made it to Vermont.  Ski temps tomorrow will dip to -17 with the wind chill.  Eff.

<3

Hip Redux

Viewing of Christmas Vacation - check.

Now watching The Ref.  "Great, I kidnapped my fucking parents."

LRB

I am all done filling up my belly, I have actually been a good boy that way.  Shit, I may have even dropped an LB or two the past month.  Lord knows I could stand to.

B-Plus

SRD. Merry christmas all.

LRB

SRD. Merry christmas all.

Speaking of dropping an LB or two, how's it going Puff Daddy?  ;-)