Beginners and Beyond

Where are the Weekend Penguins? (Read 24 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

I know where PAD and Scotty are - but isn't anybody else running?

PAD - how did it go?

I did 10 miles today, 9 at marathon pace.  I did them on the TM, because I just wasn't in the mood to run hills today.  It was easy and painless, a good set up for tomorrow's long run.

hog4life

2:01:25 for my half this morning. Having lots of fun with Robert, Angie,  and TJ.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

14 mile long run this morning, 9:51 overall pace, picked it up to 8:58 for the last mile and I had roughly a mile in the high 8's from ~3.4-4.4. I've been starting off by myself and meeting up with my club at 8:00, this morning I took a route that was slightly longer than I thought and had to rush to get back so they wouldn't leave without me!

40 miles for the week so far, if my legs are feeling good I may do a 2-3 mile recovery jog tomorrow, if I'm still stiff and tired I'll take the day off.

PADRunner

A: I didn't die.

B: I finished

C: Better than expected @ 5:23:56 Thanks  to Sly!

D: I even got a pic for scotty.

tracilynn

1.  Congrats PAD

2. Way to go pad!

3. That is all

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Nice! Congrats PAD!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Congrats PAD!!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

He did great.

All I did was accompany him for 4.5 miles of the journey!

( and coax him into a 9:20min/mile last 400 meters to take out a few other runners! )

Congrats again!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats PAD !!!

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD!  

15 done for me.  It was a really nice day out.  I have no idea why I brought a jacket and gloves with me.

From the Internet.

15 done for me.  It was a really nice day out.  I have no idea why I brought a jacket and gloves with me.

I left the house wearing long sleeves and tights and brought a jacket, gloves, earwarmers, running cap, and headband (because my hair is unruly without a hat) in the car with me. The weather was confusing today, haha. Ended up not needing all the warm/waterproof stuff and just wore the headband.

Brilliant

Way to go,  PAD!!! I am so excited for you.

AFM .  We are moved.  I'm ignoring the unpacking right now and drinking a cold one!  What a day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, PAD!

Congrats, Mitch!

6 with hubby done.

Damaris

LRB

This pleases me.

I cannot wait to read all about it!