Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue

Drinking some coffee and trying to figure out what I have on hand for breakfast except eggs.   We got 10 yesterday from our 10 hens, so they are in full production.  SRD for me.  After breakfast, I heading out to visit  my two aunts, uncle and Mom for lunch.  Everyone's getting a carton of eggs.

Step --I've found once you lose that early morning mojo, it can be tough to get it back.   I love lazy mornings.

LRB -- Good luck with the wind.  It can wreck havoc on speed.

Lily -- Hope you enjoy the second half of your double.  Can your legs really feel recovered after 15 miles?  I'm impressed.

Dave -- Shorts weather!  Yippie!

Baboon -- Good luck today

Docket -- It sounds like your recovery is going great.

Hi Moth!

HLegs -- Sounds like a plan.  Enjoy that beer.

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2 for me today.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

Coffee, eggs, and beer.  What else are we having today?

I've been hitting the comfort food pretty hard these past 2 weeks so no hash browns, sausage, or toast for me.  But eggs and coffee sounds good.

Then I'll decide : hike, work, or both.

Good luck Phil!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Hope Phil is killin' it out there!

10 miles done, but not pretty. Intended to do 4x1mile at HMP; reality was 1 mile HMP, 2:00 recovery, .8 mile HMP, 2:00 recovery; about .2 m HMP, then just dropped back to easy pace and gutted out the rest of the run. Not sure why, but I just felt awful. Maybe I'm just sick of the TM in the hot gym. Yuck.
          French toast made with banana bread helped ease the pain, and a night out with DH tonight will be even better.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies, and Happy Saturday!

I ran my first race of the year, and the first actual race since my knee went caddywhompus.

29:39 unofficially, only 4: xx off my PR last October on my previous 5K.

I'll take it though - the knee, while stiff now, is feeling pretty good and it didn't bother me throughout the race.

I was shooting for 30 so I'm pleased with this result. The speed will come back. I recall the 2 mile fun run on 12/31 where I struggled to maintain about a 10:35 pace.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ric-G

tom - congrats

baboon - good luck

9 miles this morning.....younger son's bday today, he is excited....i am running an 8k tomorrow and am in no shape to do so, but my appetite is in perfect condition....this race has the best post-race goodies i've ever seen ergo i am there. i look at it as getting brunch with my race entry which i prefer to another t-shirt...some of the food sponsors include:

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

French toast made with banana bread

Whaaa? Next time you should just make French toast with slices of chocolate cake.

Warmish temperature-wise today, but some crazy gusty winds. Sidewalks were mostly clear but full of ice-patch landmines; gave up on that after a while & ended up sticking mostly to the streets, which were in pretty good shape.

18 miles; average pace 9:11, with mile 18 at 8:07.

Now I am taking DD1 to IHOP, wonder if they have any carbs there. Probably no banana bread French toast though.

Dave

happylily

Whaaa? Next time you should just make French toast with slices of chocolate cake.

Warmish temperature-wise today, but some crazy gusty winds. Sidewalks were mostly clear but full of ice-patch landmines; gave up on that after a while & ended up sticking mostly to the streets, which were in pretty good shape.

18 miles; average pace 9:11, with mile 18 at 8:07.

Now I am taking DD1 to IHOP, wonder if they have any carbs there. Probably no banana bread French toast though.

Woohoo! Great LR! Awesome last mile!

French toast made with banana bread? How do you make this, Shari? Sounds heavenly!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

HM complete and I laid a friggin egg today.  1:53:56 unofficially.  Just missed a PR by 19 minutes.  Very tough course and my legs were not up to challenge.  I had a bad race.

<3

DavePNW

HM complete and I laid a friggin egg today.  1:53:56 unofficially.  Just missed a PR by 19 minutes.  Very tough course and my legs were not up to challenge.  I had a bad race.

Sorry! Get 'em next time, we know you'll be racing plenty.

Dave

MothAudio

Sorry to hear Phil. You'll get'em next time.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

That course looked awfully hard. And racing in winter? Double hard. Don't dwell on it too long.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

30 minutes water running today.   I was working really really hard and not going anywhere.   Might actually be worse than the 'mill.  lol  But what a workout, yikes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry for the tough course and day.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Baboon: eh, no big deal. Hopefully you got some decent swag out of it. Just missed it by 19 minutes? Close one! Wink

DaveP: nice run, you have been killing it lately!

DW and I are in Zion and we just ran 11 miles up and back in the canyon. I love it here...