Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

HM complete and I laid a friggin egg today.  1:53:56 unofficially.  Just missed a PR by 19 minutes.  Very tough course and my legs were not up to challenge.  I had a bad race.

Yeah you did well just to score what you did on that course!  Bigger picture is you are in marathon training and got one helluva workout in today.  It will serve you well moving forward.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Quick check-in.  Had a great run at my club's 20 mile race today, didn't plan to race it, since it's only three weeks out from my marathon.  I went out easy for the first half, around 8 flat, then progression on the back half, from 7:40s down to 7:teens.  Felt strong the whole time and finished very strong with a full sprint at the end and plenty left in the tank.  Total time was 2:34:03, 7:43 overall average.  Finished 3rd in my AG without racing and 15th overall.  Hopefully this bodes well for my marathon.  Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Baboon: eh, no big deal. Hopefully you got some decent swag out of it. 

$12 registration for a no-frills race!  All I get is a shitty race time forever linked to my name on the interwebs.  I guess there was a good post-race lunch spread.  I didn't hang around for it...I was disgusted with my race and just wanted to go home.

<3

delicate flower

Yeah you did well just to score what you did on that course!  Bigger picture is you are in marathon training and got one helluva workout in today.  It will serve you well moving forward.

Agree with all of that.  I need to run hills, and today was a brutal hill workout.  It will only help me.

<3

DavePNW

Quick check-in.  Had a great run at my club's 20 mile race today, didn't plan to race it, since it's only three weeks out from my marathon.  I went out easy for the first half, around 8 flat, then progression on the back half, from 7:40s down to 7:teens.  Felt strong the whole time and finished very strong with a full sprint at the end and plenty left in the tank.  Total time was 2:34:03, 7:43 overall average.  Finished 3rd in my AG without racing and 15th overall.  Hopefully this bodes well for my marathon.  Smile

Nice!!

Dave

Yugo18

12 miles done.  Starving, for some reason.  Luckily, it's food time!

I hope everybody has a nice Sunday and good runs/rest days. Smile

Yugo18

Step, I need to get myself OUT of the early morning routine...it's what I've been doing on weekdays, and by the end of the week I just want to go to bed at 8:00PM. On the weekend I sleep late (almost 7:00 today!), eat, and go a bit later.

Oh, man.  On the weekend, I sleep late, too - until noon or later.    I wish I could be like you.  I've been trying my whole life (and I mean really  trying) and nada.  I am such a night person.  If I could make my own schedule, I'd not go to bed until after 2 and then sleep until noon.  

Yugo18

Morning!  We missed a lot of movies in the theater so we need to get cranking today.  I MIGHT go out for a short walk with hubby.  Yesterday, I did errands and the laundry and walked 4 miles overall without pain so I was cleared for walking.  I don't walk but since I cannot run, I might as well.  We'll see if I dare this weekend.

That's great news about the errand-running and walking.  Enjoy your (safe!) walking this weekend!

Yugo18

HM complete and I laid a friggin egg today.  1:53:56 unofficially.  Just missed a PR by 19 minutes.  Very tough course and my legs were not up to challenge.  I had a bad race.

I want ot say "oh, no," but I also want to say that this happens to everyone, and, next time: it'll be so different that you'll be all .

Yugo18

Hey everyone!

Awesome!

DavePNW

$12 registration for a no-frills race!  All I get is a shitty race time forever linked to my name on the interwebs.  

Well I guess that's when you stop just short of the finish line, then it's like it never happened, and the internet will never know about it. Except of course from you. 

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Missed check-in yesterday but it was a SRD, and I volunteered at packet pickup for 8 hours for the Central Park HM/Full Marathon. I had a good time hanging out with other runners and this woman volunteering with me GAVE me a running jacket that one of her sponsors (she is a fairly popular fitness blogger and a lot of companies send her tons of free stuff that she needs to be photographed in at races) had given her. I forgave her for referring to my pace as a walking pace (we had a minor argument during the day if a 5 hour marathon was a running pace or a walking pace. I claimed 11:30-ish minute miles was certainly a running pace for most people---and is in fact around my typical easy run pace---but she claimed any normal person should be able to walk faster than that....grumble). Aside from that comment though I had a great day. Not sure if it made the face that I am supposed to be running that race (the half) tomorrow sting more or less though. I formally decided to DNS the race.

Today I took a demo class at my gym....Pilates Reformer. Tough stuff!!! I wish I could do it but it is going to be $350 for 8 weeks, which is not much less than my entire YEAR of gym membership, and more than my entire year's membership at my pool....and the 8 weeks the class will run for is during a terrible time for me....I have a work conference and my Hawaii trip automatically making 3 of those weekends impossible, plus 2 races that I probably won't be able to get to the class on time after, and I will likely visit my boyfriend at some point so....no. But it was fun to try it for the day. Then I went on a 3 mile run in BEAUTIFUL 50 degree weather with not one cloud in the sky. And----finally----not one walk break even on a large hill. 11:37, 11:36, 11:18..... back to my old easy pace and it feels great!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

11:30 pace is 5.2 mph on a TM. I can walk at 5.0 mph, but I tire very quickly, within a minute or two. No way I could walk a marathon like that. Running and walking are not determined by pace. If no two feet are touching the ground at any moment, then you are running, it doesn't matter what speed this is happening... That woman didn't know what she was talking about, Kristin. At least you got a jacket out of that stupid conversation. Good on you for volunteering and congrats on a great run today!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everyone!

Great job!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

11:30 pace is 5.2 mph on a TM. I can walk at 5.0 mph, but I tire very quickly, within a minute or two. No way I could walk a marathon like that. Running and walking are not determined by pace. If no two feet are touching the ground at any moment, then you are running, it doesn't matter what speed this is happening... That woman didn't know what she was talking about, Kristin. At least you got a jacket out of that stupid conversation. Good on you for volunteering and congrats on a great run today!

^^ This.

Damaris