Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #35 AKA Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

onemile

I’d agree other than how early it is. I feel like I could do anything in the 8:00-9:00 range if I had to, although would not be too happy with the extremes. 

I’ve always run everything solo, but I am getting into the group thing for LRs. Maybe it will spoil me and I’ll never want to do them alone again? I’ll still need to figure out how to run with the group when I’m doing LR/MPs. But may be able to find others wanting to do the same thing. There’s also the option of doing the warmup miles early, then finding a group for the MP portion. But not excited about doing 8 miles before a 7AM start.

You need to find someone faster than you who has no goals of their own and is happy to run whatever workout you want 

DavePNW

You need to find someone faster than you who has no goals of their own and is happy to run whatever workout you want 

As long as he’s reliable!

Dave

onemile

As long as he’s reliable!

you can't have everything!

bluerun

Super B****

I’d agree other than how early it is. I feel like I could do anything in the 8:00-9:00 range if I had to, although would not be too happy with the extremes. 

I’ve always run everything solo, but I am getting into the group thing for LRs. Maybe it will spoil me and I’ll never want to do them alone again? I’ll still need to figure out how to run with the group when I’m doing LR/MPs. But may be able to find others wanting to do the same thing. There’s also the option of doing the warmup miles early, then finding a group for the MP portion. But not excited about doing 8 miles before a 7AM start.

Yes, that is a killer. It's also going to be weird to be all done with a long run before 9 AM... though I guess that gives me plenty of time to take a nap.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

So... a clone of yourself, but just a little faster! (That sounds like a dream, actually.)

chasing the impossible

onemile

Yes, that is a killer. It's also going to be weird to be all done with a long run before 9 AM... though I guess that gives me plenty of time to take a nap.

I have done it in the summer before to avoid the heat but it seems dumb to get up that early in the winter.  But it's probably people with family obligations

bluerun

Super B****

I have done it in the summer before to avoid the heat but it seems dumb to get up that early in the winter.  But it's probably people with family obligations

"Family obligations" ruined my race on Sunday (OK, other factors too, but whatever)

I suppose I could always ask if anyone is going to run my desired pace/distance but that doesn't guarantee that's what will happen. It's only Tuesday, I still have several days to agonize over it, what fun!

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Got to the track and realized I forgot my Stryd. So I had to improvise. Went 25 laps steady (190m/lap), then 2 laps easy, then 2 laps hard. Pace for the 25 laps (it was continuous, but was pressing the lap button every 5 laps, so pace for every 950m or every 0.59 mile) 6:29, 6:29, 6:26, 6:25, 6:15. The 2 laps was at pace 5:43.

onemile

Got to the track and realized I forgot my Stryd. So I had to improvise. Went 25 laps steady (190m/lap), then 2 laps easy, then 2 laps hard. Pace for the 25 laps (it was continuous, but was pressing the lap button every 5 laps, so pace for every 950m or every 0.59 mile) 6:29, 6:29, 6:26, 6:25, 6:15. The 2 laps was at pace 5:43.

Nice!

DavePNW

"Family obligations" ruined my race on Sunday (OK, other factors too, but whatever)

I suppose I could always ask if anyone is going to run my desired pace/distance but that doesn't guarantee that's what will happen. It's only Tuesday, I still have several days to agonize over it, what fun!

This is recommended. But yes, not this early in the week.

Dave

sdWhiskers

This is my RP! And he's reliable! The only downside is that because he doesn't care what we're running, he is useless to help me keep a certain pace.

And I'm the crazy person who will run 4-5 miles BEFORE we meet up at 6am

sdWhiskers

Sounds right. While I'm over here agonizing about parking at my 5K on Saturday....that is in the same location as the one I ran last weekend (and had zero issues parking).

bluerun

Super B****

Sounds right. While I'm over here agonizing about parking at my 5K on Saturday....that is in the same location as the one I ran last weekend (and had zero issues parking).

This sounds like the kind of thing I'd do

chasing the impossible

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Nice! Once you decide you’re going to just run every day, a streak only means (1) you haven’t flaked out on a run, and (2) you haven’t been injured. Both good things! When things are going well for me, a streak is only broken by the day after a marathon.

that's my hope...fingers crossed, etc...

GinnyinPA

I did 10 miles on a 60 degree (!) day with 6 x .75 mile at 10k pace, .25 recovery.