Beginners and Beyond

Macarize Monday Penguins (Read 24 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Macarize: to declare to be happy or blessed

Which I bet the Seattle Seahawks and their fans are doing today!    Yeah, baby, go Seahawks!  Big Dancing Banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Rest day for me today.  Did Race #8 for the year on Sunday morning. Report and photos here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/87521f956b234a34a91682291e06e233/resume#focus

Rest day for Gail today too.  She started back to Yoga on Saturday and did a session on Saturday and one on Sunday.   She does Bikram Yoga - the hot yoga for 90 minutes in a 105-degree room - so she is a bit sore today, after a layoff of a few months.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Some miles tonight if allowed. Pre-op appointment today.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  Some miles tonight if allowed. Pre-op appointment today.

When is your surgery, Damaris?  Wishing you all the best!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When is your surgery, Damaris?  Wishing you all the best!

Valentine's Day.  How romantic.

Damaris

Bin Running

Scotty, morning.

Damaris, hope everything is fine with the appt.

Eating too much in the festival might had caught up with me. Running a low fever of 37.5 since yday afternoon. RD today. Tmr is DW first day back to work after maternity leave. Should be interesting. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Scotty: Nice RR, they are always a good read.

D: Good luck with the appt.

Bin: It's kind of sad when reality sets in.

Five miles later today. Marathon training with DW starts today, as well.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

what up pens? Well, had a planned 11 miles yesterday as my last long run before the HM...all I can say is 

Turned into 8.5 because my stupid ITBS made it feel like someone was jabbing ice picks into my knees. Knees plural because now the OTHER knee is even starting to squawk at me. Very frustrating because my legs and energy felt like I could go all day. So I guess my plan now is to just run a bare minimum amount the next 2 weeks and just cycle to keep my cardio up.

I predict a death march in the last half of the race but it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it in the next 2 week, the hay is in the barn as my grandpa used to say.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD here. Snowing like crazy but I still have work. Unfortunately my cousin's wife is back on life support again Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Scott-- I've heard of the hot yoga before.  What though is the reason they do it in the heat anyhow?  Enjoy your rest day.  BTW, the treats at your races seem to be so much better than what we ever get around here.  And all that beer!  No wonder you're so fun.

Docket-- did you end up racing this weekend?  Good luck at the appointment.  I know you'll be so glad to finally get all this over with.

Bin-- weird about the fever.  Hope you dont' have an infection.  Good luck to mama, baby and son tomorrow.  That's a huge change.

Jack-- yay@ beginning training again.  Is DW excited to start?

kristin-- Sad  Oh man, I just cannot imagine.  How is her husband taking it all?

No running today, but I've done some core / and upper body work.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

what up pens? Well, had a planned 11 miles yesterday as my last long run before the HM...all I can say is 

Turned into 8.5 because my stupid ITBS made it feel like someone was jabbing ice picks into my knees. Knees plural because now the OTHER knee is even starting to squawk at me. Very frustrating because my legs and energy felt like I could go all day. So I guess my plan now is to just run a bare minimum amount the next 2 weeks and just cycle to keep my cardio up.

I predict a death march in the last half of the race but it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it in the next 2 week, the hay is in the barn as my grandpa used to say.

At least you got in the 8-1/2 and that'll help.  Hopefully after 2 week rest your knees will be feeling better.  You have done as much as you could have, given the situation.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

She can- he is just trying to stay strong and keep having faith that she will pull through

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It's lunch break!  I'm laughing at all of the fake outrage from SB48 last night.  Good times.

My mileage is slowly coming up, but so is my body weight.  I never thought that quitting tobacco would cause such and increase in appetite.  I'll get it under control eventually.  Oh well.

Have a great day folks!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Valentine's Day.  How romantic.

That will be mine and Gail's 29th wedding anniversary.  We will have some good thoughts for you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

37.5 is a fever, Bin?  Sounds more like you're becoming a popsicle.  So I hope that number is celsius!  In which case..YIKES too!  Hope you feel better.  Good luck to your DW too, Bin, she may have that "separation anxiety/depression' thingy (don't remember what the official term is) for her first few days, etc., being away from the baby for the first time.

Good luck to you and DW with your marathon training, Jack!

That kind of pain in the knees does not sound good at all, SO42. I sure hope someone can figure something out for you to get you back to 100%.  Short of getting two knee replacements, hopefully.

Dang, Kristin, sorry to hear about your cousin-in-law being back on life support.  Sorry about your crappy weather too.

Scott-- I've heard of the hot yoga before.  What though is the reason they do it in the heat anyhow?   I have no idea, Cherie, I will make a point of asking her.   Maybe it's a combination of mental discipline and the heat helping folks to get more flexible for the positions?  I really don't know, I'm just guessing.   I don't know why she needs to do the hot one anyway...my wife is already hot!    Enjoy your non-running day today.

There is outrage from SB48, Awood?    Sorry about the increased appetite, but good on ya for sticking with the tobacco-quitting!   I bet your appetite will even out, as your body gets used to the change, probably just take a while.   Good luck!