Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TuesDAILIES (Read 58 times)

flarunner

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

Mornin' Kidlets!

Did 8 this morning. Kinda slow, but that's ok.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Good morning, everyone!

flarunner, thank you for starting today's thread. Excellent eight.

So far today, I've done 5.32 miles in 50:00.47 and forty push-ups.

After work, I'll do weights and forty-five minutes of cardio at the gym.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. SRD for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

I love a short work week - don't you?

Flarunner - thanks for starting us off today!!  A slow 8 is better than nothing, and I have a feeling that your "slow" is still faster than my "fast"!

Basya - I'm so glad that you're feeling better!!  Great workout already today!!

Kristin - enjoy the SRD!

I'm just biding my time til tomorrow when I hope to get this cast off!!   I wish I could do the I Dream of Jeannie head nod and make it be tomorrow already.   :-)

Happy Tuesday!!   And, may your next run set you up for success in your next race!!

-Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, dailies.

I ate WAY too much yesterday.  I got in 2.6 miles this morning as punishment for that....Farmers Market trip this afternoon to help get myself back on track with eating better.

Basya, glad to see you are feeling better.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Morning all.

Planned to run at lunch today; forecast was rain/tstorms all day, figured I might be stuck on the mill. Instead my built-in running alarm clock woke me at 5:00 and said hey, it's not raining yet, get out there while the going's good! So I did, 6.40 at 8:48.

Out early enough to notice that the bright yellow laces on my new Ravennas really do glow in the dark.

New route takes me by a gas station, mighty handy for morning runs. Roll eyes

Came home just as DW was pulling out of the driveway to take DD to school. DW asked how far I went, I said about 6, DD said "you can do better than that!" Tough crowd.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Supp peeps!

I am sitting in the airport for the first of two flights back to the D, and I could not help but notice people here are not as big as they are at home.  I guess our ranking as one of the top 10 fattest states is deserved.  Being that as it is, there is hope for humanity after all!

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

I think this will be another SRD for me, more walking and stretching, and hopefully planting some tomatoes and flowers if weather allows. We don't do a "real" garden, but like to put a few cherry tomato plants in pots on the deck for snacking on all summer.

Legs are tired, and my mind was tired yesterday (I was a regular B----- all day. Sad) Hoping that today is better. DS deserves for me to be in a better mood after school.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185, have a pleasant SRD.

Sarah, I'm eager for you to be able to have the cast removed.

Robert, terrific 2.6.

DaveP MI, bravo on the early 6.4.

Rick, have a safe trip.

(((Shari))) I hope that things look up soon.

After this morning's run, I feel semi-human. My appetite has not yet returned in full force, which can be a good thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.  I MUST go to the chiro because two days of lower back pain is enough!  That's what I get for not going to him for two weeks. Oh, well.

flarunner, nice 8.

Basya, nice workouts already.

kristin, enjoy the rest.

Sarah, good luck with the cast.  Hope it's off by tomorrow!

Dave, enjoy the lunch run.

Robert, nice run this morning.

LRB, back to me? :-P  Have a safe trip.

Shari, enjoy the rest.  Go walk, that always puts me in a better mood :-(

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Since 19 days straight running time for a day off. Pilates later.

Bug bites from yesterday's run are bad. There are about 8 from my count all over my right shoulder blade area. Nice red splotches. They woke me itching last night. Good thing I'm good at not giving in to scratching. Still it looks terrible. If they were Mosquitos I could handle it but the fly and bee things are worse. Plenty of anti itch stuff on them. Sigh.

Sarah I like short work weeks too.

Marjorie

Supp peeps!

I am sitting in the airport for the first of two flights back to the D, and I could not help but notice people here are not as big as they are at home.  I guess our ranking as one of the top 10 fattest states is deserved.  Being that as it is, there is hope for humanity after all!

Aren't you in Texas? They actually rank pretty close behind MI on the obesity index. (Don't you know everything's bigger in Texas?) I'm sure all the BBQ helps.

Dave

LRB

Aren't you in Texas? They actually rank pretty close behind MI on the obesity index. (Don't you know everything's bigger in Texas?) I'm sure all the BBQ helps.

In the airport it did not look so bad...maybe all of those people were visitors from the fittest states lol!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I put up a RR for my 10k yesterday. Today is a rest day from running but it's busy at work. Last day is Thursday!