Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

Mornin' Peeps!

Did a 7 mile progression run this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 and weights if the trial ends on time.

flarunning, nice 7.

Damaris

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

How's your Tuesday starting off today?   Mine is starting with coffee and that means it's starting off well!!   :-)

Flarunner - You are so wonderfully consistent in your running!!   I hope that when I can start back, I can get to the same consistency.   Very inspiring!!   Have a Pinkerrific day!!

Damaris - Good luck in your trial today!   Go get 'em!!!

I am at home again today, but it's my regularly scheduled work from home day so it doesn't feel so much like being forced to be here.   :-)    My SIL texted me last night and wondered if she and my 4 year old nephew could pick me up and have lunch with me one day when  I'm in the office.   How sweet is that?!?   I usually see my nephew at least once a week, but since the cast and my inability to drive at the moment, it's been way, way too long!!

Make today an awesome Tuesday!!   And, may your next run give you the strength and motivation to tackle the next step in your running journey!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

Hidee ho, e-runners!  Welcome to Tuesday and congratulations on making it this far.  Today I get to run again.  HOORAY!  More treadmill.  I'm still not ready to give the outdoors a go, but the treadmill still feels just as sweet.  Yesterday's elliptical session and legs workout were both good, although I forgot to pack a small gym towel.  I hate it when that happens.  In other news, the dentist said I have good teeth, so I've got that going for me.

<3

BruceD555

flarunner- Nice 7 to begin your day.

Docket_Rocket- Hope you get the time for the 6 & weights....just talk faster Wink

Pinktastic- I hope your day of working @ home is a good one and that's fun news about your SIL & nephew - how fun!

Baboon- Gunga galunga ...

I have about 6 recovery miles on the calendar and plan to get in that run while I have the oil changed in the car over lunch today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Ball of Fury

Hi all!  Went to bed before 7PM last night so finally caught up on some sleep.  A chiro visit this afternoon for ART...that's about it.  Have a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning!

flarunner, nice 7 already.

D, enjoy your workout.

Sarah, that's so sweet! Enjoy the lunch date when you get to have it. Smile

Phil, have a great run later. I don't blame you for being hesitant about taking it outside. You'll know when you're ready.

Bruce, nice multitasking later. Have a good run.

Ami, I hope the chiro visit makes you feel better. I'm glad you finally got some sleep.

As for me, 6 miles with fartleks after work. I had good intentions of waking up this morning to run, until last night I saw that it was going to be 34* at 5am. I didn't feel like digging out my WINTER GEAR so I decided to run after work when it's 60* instead.

My coworker just brought me a DD coffee. Best day ever.

4 easy walk/run miles this morning on the beach . Knees getting better

happy Tuesday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Yesterday's elliptical session and legs workout were both good, although I forgot to pack a small gym towel.  I hate it when that happens.  

That's why God created shirts.

Good runs already Fla, Docket, Sparker.

Have good ones later Bruce, April, Babs.

Early AM yoga today since I blew it off yesterday, but I still need to get in a run today. So hopefully will be able to make it happen at lunchtime.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I'm making this an URD because my hip flexor was feeling achy most of the day yesterday. I was also very fatigued and went to bed at 8:15, as soon as I put DS to bed. Almost 10 hours of sleep - I hope it helps. If not, I will getting bloodwork done next week to see if I have anemia again. The last few weeks have felt like that might be the case, and now two days of practically falling asleep by 2 p.m. have me a bit worried.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Wassup peepages!

Had a busy day all the way around yesterday, but I did catch the dailies I just did not have the time to respond.  April, B Plus and Flo you peeps crack me up (see what I did there) ha-ha!

Well, I can still walk lol!  Seriously, I went into yesterdays appointment with an open mind, as I do most things.  The doctor and people there were really cool.  He dispelled a lot of myths surrounding the practice and it turns out chiropractors are not unlike myself in that they do things without the aid of meds.

He checked me over and explained what he could do for my hip.  I told him I would let all of that marinate and he was cool with that.

My masseuse was Tina, who worked me over pretty good.  When I asked at the end what she thought of me she said I was knotty, which is a compliment in slang as in a phat knot in your pocket.  Um, that's not what she meant though lol!

She was impressed with my knowledge of health and fitness and my current fitness state overall.  She said she rubs out a lot of runners and asked that I keep an open mind.

All in all it was pretty interesting and I am glad I went.  I have always been willing to view things from other perspectives or see things from someone else's point of view, which is why I was friends with the jocks, nerds, and outcasts in school, and still am with different types of people to this day.  Not everyone does the same thing the same way but that is not necessarily bad, it also helps when you do not pre-judge people.

Having said all of that it looks like I will be adding some pretty cool professionals to my list of friends.

Busy day again today.  I ran.  Will check back later!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Today I plan on doing 5 miles with some speed work in there somewhere; maybe some strides at the end. I have a hard time planning runs when I don't have a specific race for which to train. Yes, I have that 10k in two weeks time, but I am doing it for fun because it is too close to the HM I ran so I had no plan. Eh, whatever. Have a good day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I went to the Y this morning.  Very convenient as it opens at 5:15 a.m. Mon-Fri.  Did 3.3 miles around Trinity University and then on the campus for a bit too.  Very nice area, wide roads, beautiful houses - they remind me of "David Winter" houses in his models, for those of you who know who David Winter is - very little traffic early in the morning, and well-lighted area.  I passed one house and heard this barking....it was two pups, maybe about a year old.   They were very friendly.   Even more so after I went over to their yard to say "hello" and gave them treats.  My hamstring is still bothering me a tad, but getting better - like Gustav's, it's not really pain, more of  a mild discomfort.  So I am able to still do my run/walk thing, but am taking it easy, just doing a nice sedate pace for me - about 11 min miles -  till it is fully back to 100 percent.   Weather was just beautiful:   low dewpoint, no wind, 62 degrees, sweeet.   Glad I did my thing this morning cuz after I was done, I saw the weather on the TV at the Y and thunderstorms are predicted for this evening, at the time I usually run.   So I will miss being out in that, thank goodness!

Another busy day at work today as I am still the only 'worker' bee in my department, with my co-worker still recovering from her stroke.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 7 flarunner.  Just what is a progression run?

Good luck with the trial, Damaris!  Hope they find you Not Guilty.  Wink

Enjoy working at home, Sarah.  Hope the cast is not making your leg itch too much!  Enjoy that future lunch with your SIL and nephew.

Yay for being able to run again!  Uggg, dentist...wish you had not mentioned that...reminds me, I have to make an appointment.  I don't think my teeth are as good as yours, I will probably have to get some work done.  Undecided

Enjoy the run, Bruce.  That's what I do too when I get the oil changed, go run.  Beats sitting there waiting for everything to get done, that gets old really fast.

Hope your ART visit goes well, Ami!

34! Shocked  Dang, April...just how close ARE you to Canada?  Wink  Wow, I hope you get some nice, decent weather, Spring mornings soon! Good luck with your miles!

Yay for the knees getting better Sparker!  Your workout sounds like mine, lol, with my hamstring thingy.

Glad your appointment went well, LRB!

Good luck with your miles, Jack.  Have fun on your run!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt