Beginners and Beyond

No Friday Dailies? (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

Do you take caffeinated gels?

Now that you mention it I do, most of the Gu flavors I use seem to have caffeine. Not sure how much they have vs. a cup of coffee, too lazy to Google right now.

Dave

Cyberic

I can't imagine not having a two-pronged glove approach. 

Probably the best approach. What I don't like about it is that I have to store gloves while running.

Did some improvised quick upper body routine.

1. 15 pushups, 15 scissors, 20 pushups, 20 scissors, 25 pushups, 25 scissors

2. 2 x 10 chair dips with feet raised (resting on a chair also)

3. 3x12 biceps curls using elastics (don't have weights)

For a slacker like me, it's pretty good.

Also did my hip strengthening exercises, but those I do often (3-4 times / week)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I got my run in, not a long run but I did log 8.3 miles. Feeling sluggish. I think it's time to schedule some intervals.

I can't imagine running after fasting. If I don't eat before I run I have problems dragging myself farther than 5 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Pleasant Ridge, hopefully all is good in a week after surgery.

Cyberic

I can't imagine running after fasting. If I don't eat before I run  every 5 hours or so, I have problems dragging myself farther than 5 miles. with my patience and concentration.

This^^

DavePNW

This^^

You can go 5 hours without eating? When I am logging a lot of miles, I literally cannot go much more than an hour.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I can go without eating if I don't need to exercise. However, if I have coffee, I have to eat within an hour or I get overly jittery. And the coffee is non-negotiable.

LRB

You can go 5 hours without eating? When I am logging a lot of miles, I literally cannot go much more than an hour.

I am not sure I even go an hour at any point during my waking hours without at a least a piece of gum. Except for the time I spend running of course.

DavePNW

Probably the best approach. What I don't like about it is that I have to store gloves while running.

True. Although usually when I have double gloves, it is cold enough to wear my jacket, so they can go in my pockets. With single gloves, they get tucked in the waistband of my pants/shorts.

Dave

Little Blue

Now that you mention it I do, most of the Gu flavors I use seem to have caffeine. Not sure how much they have vs. a cup of coffee, too lazy to Google right now.

I looked at this a while back, for my friend who has heart concerns.  The Espresso Love flavor, which I think is 2x caffeine according to the label, is roughly equal to 1/2 cup of brewed coffee.  So not a huge amount.

DavePNW

OK, my curiosity got the best of me.

Most caffeinated Gu flavors have 20mg, although a few have 40mg.

Over the course of a marathon I use 4, so typically 80mg.

For comparison, brewed coffee varies quite a bit but is roughly 100mg per 6 oz. My usual morning consumption makes it 400mg.

So yeah, does not really make a dent, but I suppose every little bit helps.

Dave

Zelanie

Pleasant Ridge, hope the surgery goes well, and maybe post some pics of the healed thumb to help us all un-see.

Got my 8 in in the sunshine. Going to be tough to go back to nights next week.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Pleasant Ridge, hope the surgery goes well, and maybe post some pics of the healed thumb to help us all un-see.

Got my 8 in in the sunshine. Going to be tough to go back to nights next week.

I shouldn't have posted that pic. I will blame it on the painkillers.

Runner with a riding problem.

B-Plus

Side-by-side before and after imo.

LRB

I shouldn't have posted that pic. I will blame it on the painkillers.

In the grand scheme of the dailies that was tame, I have actually posted pics of food that were much worse. lol