Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #18 (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The morning burst of snow that all the weather people were excited about never happened. We're still suppoosed to get assorted frozen and non-frozen crap later this afternoon. Got in 9 with some trails.

DavePNW

12 with the running group. Hooked up with folks at a bit faster pace than last week, which was nice. 38 degrees and rain at the start, and I forgot my gloves.  Hands were pretty numb the first few miles, but ended up OK. Wore the Boston shirt, to be extra douchey. Plus had the Boston jacket on in the car; I believe the combination is known as the douche tuxedo.

Dave

Cyberic

12 with the running group. Hooked up with folks at a bit faster pace than last week, which was nice. 38 degrees and rain at the start, and I forgot my gloves.  Hands were pretty numb the first few miles, but ended up OK. Wore the Boston shirt, to be extra douchey. Plus had the Boston jacket on in the car; I believe the combination is known as the douche tuxedo.

You paid for the things, might as well wear them!

I actually like it when people wear their jackets or their shirts because I know they ran Boston. In a group run, I'd hook up with those people thinking the pace has a chance to be good for me.

Better than that would be to wear a shirt or jacket with your PRs. Then it would be extra easy to spot people to run with. Maybe that would be a little over the top douchey, though.

The morning burst of snow that all the weather people were excited about never happened. We're still suppoosed to get assorted frozen and non-frozen crap later this afternoon. Got in 9 with some trails.

👍

Cyberic

HCK2.0, nice nics, but don't look very wintery to me. They look like late November pics.

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK2.0, nice nics, but don't look very wintery to me. They look like late November pics.

It typically desn't get all that cold here in Maryland. I think our average temp is usually in the 40s, so the river isn't gonna freeze over. It's a really bug deal when the rivers & Chesapeake Bay freeze. There's a tiny bit of snow falling right now, so maybe it would look a little more wintery now.

LRB

What about a singlet over a t-shirt + the arm sleeves?

You baking a cake or racin' 

sdWhiskers

Do you think I need arm warmers?

That's how I felt on my run this morning!

Ran 10 with RP along the coast. It was 43 at the start brrrrrr. Ha. Thankfully it's in the 60s now.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Do you think I need arm warmers?

awesome!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

It's good to be a douche once in a while!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Snowed 6-8 inches overnight and until about 10am this morning.  Now it's warming up, with a drizzle but temps are supposed to drop like a rock this afternoon/evening so tomorrow morning could be icy.

Ran 5 this morning at local school campus where the roads/sidewalks had been plowed early.  Wore grippers and they worked well with just a little snow cover.  Our neighborhood still hasn't been plowed; I'd never have been able to get any footing to get out of the neighborhood.

Even did 20 minutes of snowshoeing after the run before I had to pick-up DD.

HC - trail pics are great.  Looks like a nice place to run.  I really wish I had easy access to trails...

Onemile - good luck tomorrow!

Cyberic

You baking a cake or racin' 

What's up with you, dude? You're abnormally quiet lately, aren't you?

LRB

Snowed 6-8 inches overnight and until about 10am this morning. 

I drove to Stony to run. Warm relatively speaking but the wind was wick-ed in some spots.

LRB

What's up with you, dude? You're abnormally quiet lately, aren't you?

Abnormal, yes (adhd). Abby Normal to fans of Young Frankenstein (a superb movie by the way). Not sure quiet and me are found in the same sentence much though.

Runshortii

I ran 10. I know I can’t complain cause it’s a snowstorm back home but damn I hate running in the heat and humidity. Plus all the vacation overload has my legs feeling like crap