Beginners and Beyond

Politcially Correct SaturDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, LRB! Thanks for the smiles!

I'm just now getting myself up and moving - since the high temp today is supposed to be 67* (WHAT?!?) there was no need to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn, even though I'm shooting for 20 miles. Almost 10 hours of sleep felt WON-DER-FUL.

Have a great one, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Mornin LRB, Step!

I had a wet dog nose in my face at 5:59am this morning.  Followed by 2 hours of trying to pretend the dog wasn't whining for breakfast.   So much for sleeping in!

I'm going for a ~35 mile bike ride this morning.   It's got about 3500' of climbing and I haven't done anything close to that distance or elevation recently, so it'll be a tough ride for me.   Looking forward to being out on my bike on a sunny day, for sure.

delicate flower

Good morning, LRB, Step, Oski, and anyone else venturing onto the RUNNINGAHEAD website today!

I went for an easy 7 miler this morning (9:10 pace).  I felt a bit sluggish and tired, which I expected after yesterday's intestinal rebellion.  I felt fine on the run, though a bit low on energy.  I will spend the rest of today RE-FEEDING since I didn't eat much yesterday.

Today, DW and I were supposed to do a hilly 50 mile supported bike ride around Stratton Mountain in Vermont with her cousins.  I had to bail since I felt like hell last night and wasn't up for traveling.  Sad  So, DW went without me (I insisted).  I'm just glad I'm feeling better.

Have a great day, yo!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 6 miles tonight.

LRB, thanks for making me laugh.

Shari, lucky woman.  My heat index is already 94F.

Oski, that happens with our kitties every morning.  They have food; they just wonder why the fuck am I not awake to pet them at 6:30am!

Baboon, nice run, considering.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 now hair cut time

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Greetings for the road!  Lots of driving for me today, no running.  But I did get in 5.5 crummy miles yesterday before we left.

Tomorrow, I will be running in sunny SoCal!

Hip Redux

Bike ride aborted - only did 15 miles. Knee pain.   Pfffffft.

delicate flower

Bike ride aborted - only did 15 miles. Knee pain.   Pfffffft.

Sad  crap.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I may have been sore and exhausted and barely able to jog 2 miles during the week, but I was able to pull it together this morning for my 11 mile run!

I did my run as part of a group training run sponsored by NYRR. It is geared towards people training for the NYCM or any fall marathon or half marathon. The group does 4 loops of Central Park, a 6 mile loop, two 5 mile loops, and a 4 mile loop, so you can join the group for 6, 11, 16 or 20 miles depending on your training needs. They have pace groups in 30 second intervals for the speedier folk, and welcomed slower folk with an 11+ minute mile corral. Several thousand people came out to run. It was really nice....there was water stations every 1-2 miles, and at the start/finish area each time you passed there was Gatorade, and bananas and pretzels for when you finished. There were also ample porta potties along the course. A great way to do a long run, IMO! I opted for 11 miles, because that is what my plan called for today (so I was psyched to discover this group run that happened to coincide!) the farthest I have run before this morning was 10. The extra mile was tough but not too tough....I finished feeling good! Weather was 68 degrees and humid (88% apparently), but after the heat wave we've had for the past few weeks it honestly felt cool and nice...it wasn't bad at all. Central Park is quite hilly, and the notorious Harlem Hills were included in our first lap, 682ft elevation gain and 684ft elevation loss all together. I managed a faster pace than my easy runs have been lately (still kept it very comfortable) with pretty even splits all the way through an an average of 11:35 minute miles. Great morning! Took a few pics:

Ready to run!

Jaguar (or panther??) statue guarding Cat Hill:

The statue of Fred Lebow, founder of NYRR:

Garmin after:

Recovery:

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

GooooooooooooD Morning, Dailies! And it'll be morning for 2 more minutes!

LRB, love the Saturday comics. Smile

10 wonderful miles today. A little sluggish towards the end, but I slogged it out, even though I felt as if I'd been slugged in the gut with a big hunk of slag.

I've been a little weak on my posting lately but that doesn't mean I haven't been running. I'm just getting accustomed to a normal Monday-through-Friday day shift work week. I've been working rotating shifts since around 1990, so this is a little unusual for me.

I've found that I can get up at 0430 and run 4 miles before I go to work, and feel good all day. I also have found that I don't run as well after a huge barbecue lunch, especially when it's 90+ outside. Looks like I'll be doing the early morning run routine a lot in the near future.

Hope everyone's having a great day. All you racers - may you PR and feel good about it today!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

PS - Kristin - nice job. Banana and Snyder's pretzels - breakfast of champions.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ric-G

Kristin - congrats on the 11...nice way to do a run in central park...nice pics

lrb - that redskin helmet cracked me up

step - haven't had 10 hrs of sleep in a looong time

D - hear you about the kitties

oski - no sleeping in here either

baboon - nice 7 no matter

Marjorie - thx for the reminder

zel - 5.5 are never crummy

tom - good luck on the routine; nice 10

12 this morning...off to do chores...Hollywood Bowl this evening...good excuse to have a drink or two under the stars..good luck to all those racing today!

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

I bailed at 15 miles, which is a pity because it is wonderful running weather. But my body just wasn't cooperating (combination of muscle soreness/fatigue and some stomach issues - maybe last night's wine? oops). I also realized that I hadn't taken a full rest day since Sunday's 18, so even with cutting today to 15 miles, I'm at 60+ in the last 7 days. Next weekend's goal: 20.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.