Beginners and Beyond

Presque Isle Half Marathon Race Report (Read 85 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I always have a smile on my face when reading your race reports. I don't know if it's because you have such a good sense of humor or because I'm almost done reading. (j/k - it's the former!)

- Andrew

tracilynn

Nice report and congrats on your PR.  Love your medal rack and your medal creation. You should design them for all races so we can have pretty shiny things.

I dont get the "athena" stuff.  Do races actually do that?  Is it similar to the clydesdale stuff that i see in guys reports?  Hmmm. Interesting.  Do they have a bertha category?  Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

Queen Of The Race Report

Nice report and congrats on your PR.  Love your medal rack and your medal creation. You should design them for all races so we can have pretty shiny things.

I dont get the "athena" stuff.  Do races actually do that?  Is it similar to the clydesdale stuff that i see in guys reports?  Hmmm. Interesting.  Do they have a bertha category?  Big grin

YES! The Athena IS the female version of the Clydesdale stuff, and they ALSO have Clydesdale categories. Around here, they do Clydesdale (normally only ONE, not 1, 2, 3), but rarely do they do "Athena," because, well, women don't like to be associated with anything dealing with their weight.

EXCEPT ME IF IT MEANS I MIGHT WIN.

Blog: http://runstaceyrun.tumblr.com/
        Contact Info: LiveJournal/DailyMile/Twitter: staceyloobug
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/staceypurpura

PRs: Marathon: 4:54:31 | 1/2 Marathon: 1:58:24 | 10K: 1:01:45 | 5-Mile: 46:04 | 5K: 27:01 | Longest Run: 26.2 Miles
        43 Races: (21) 5Ks | (2) 5-Milers | (3) 10Ks | (16) Half Marathons | (1) Full Marathon

Queen Of The Race Report

I always have a smile on my face when reading your race reports. I don't know if it's because you have such a good sense of humor or because I'm almost done reading. (j/k - it's the former!)

Dude, you should try WRITING them. It's a science with multiples tabs open on multiple screens.

Blog: http://runstaceyrun.tumblr.com/
          Contact Info: LiveJournal/DailyMile/Twitter: staceyloobug
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/staceypurpura

PRs: Marathon: 4:54:31 | 1/2 Marathon: 1:58:24 | 10K: 1:01:45 | 5-Mile: 46:04 | 5K: 27:01 | Longest Run: 26.2 Miles
          43 Races: (21) 5Ks | (2) 5-Milers | (3) 10Ks | (16) Half Marathons | (1) Full Marathon

Awesome report..loved the pics, congrats on the PR..

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I really wonder what you are like in person and how many seconds it would take for you to wear me out. But awesome job on the PR! And holy flat elevation chart!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

...and how many seconds it would take for you to wear me out.

I am the complete opposite lol.

Good stuff Stace, and nice wedding pics.  Your splits are incredibly consistent, me thinks a sub-2:00 is attainable for you.  It all comes down to training. Keep at it, you will get there.

meaghansketch

Congrats on a great race and a PR!  I always enjoy your race reports.  Keep plugging away at sub-2;  I don't know what kind of training you're doing now so I won't offer too much specific advice, but you have to go in to it knowing that you can manage 9:09 pace for the whole race so that you start off at close to the right pace and don't lose too much time at the beginning.  Wonderful wedding pictures, and your cats are very cute!

Trail Monster

Congrats! I was there! Did you see a weird chick just running up and down the course frantically checking her watch? I was trying to get 8 miles in before my hubby finished! Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congrats on a great race and not giving in to the temptation to slow down because you thought the pace might be too fast. BTW I think your Garmin must be broken. I don't see any elevation change - no hills - it flat lined.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                            06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And yes, when you don’t give me a medal, bitches, I make my own

OK, that made me laugh.  And I agree with you, what's up with a towel as a finisher thingy? Where's the darn medal?

Great report!  Always love reading your reports, very entertaining!  Congrats on your new PR!   No doubt in my mind you will get that sub-2!  As to how soon, though...well, I won't Presque you about that.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt