Beginners and Beyond

First world problems (Read 285 times)

Dad on the run.

The soup I brought for lunch tasted like dirty ass and now I'm starving with no food Sad

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

The honeycrisp apples at the orchard weren't ready to be picked!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Hip Redux

I went out on my 5-mile loop but my ITB starting acting up so I walked the last mile or so.... and I got passed by some lady wearing jazzercise weights and doing these awkward arm raises and whatnot.

LRB

The honeycrisp apples at the orchard weren't ready to be picked!

You were better off.  I bought a bag of honeycrisps and they were mostly bitter.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

My running shoes are dead.

- Andrew

Rungry!

I attended a seminar this morning that didn't serve any coffee - now I have a caffeine headache.

Jen

Hip Redux

I attended a seminar this morning that didn't serve any coffee - now I have a caffeine headache.

That's torture.  Ugh.

Thought this was good for this thread - FWP EIGHTIES edition!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I left my Garmin charger at my boyfriend's. My Garmin died on my run tonight and I didn't realize I had left the charger there til after.....so it is going to take at least a few days for him to mail it. First world runner problem.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That is horrific!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Speaking of which, the coffee with the continental breakfast at my hotel this past weekend was so bad I couldn't drink it Sunday morning. I had to wait until I got back to the race site to get potable coffee from the aid station.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

catwhoorg

Labrat

That's cruel and unusual punishment.

Sue their ass!

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Who the fuck does not provide refreshments for a seminar?  Sheesh!

Damaris

LRB

I attended a seminar this morning that didn't serve any coffee -

That is completely unheard of, like a burger with no fries, salt with no pepper, ketchup without mustard, bacon without eggs, beef without stew, a bank with no money....

Hip Redux

So here's another cleaning service related rant...

Last time they told us they would need to miss this week.  Well, today they showed up because they screwed up the date they wouldn't be able to do.  But because we hadn't picked up, they had to leave without cleaning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Wait, you have to clean before a cleaning service will clean?  Damn, that means no service is ever going to set foot in my house ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.