Beginners and Beyond

Good morning SunDailies (Read 17 times)

0.75 + 0.5 + 5.0 different INTs…. and Mock October race day

It dawned on me reading Dave’s race report about his .75 warm-up, that while I know how to get to the Pentagon and Crystal City, I don’t know the roads nor parking in Chrystal City.

The subway system does not open early enough for runners on race day and the Pentagon parking lots will be close, so the 35,000 runners will be jamming into Crystal city.

So this morning I drove to my regular stream grade start point, which is on the way; did .75 warm-up, light fog and steamy in the woods…. Bring extra shirt for race day warmup. There’s also there restrooms for before and after warmup.

Then 14 minute drive to garage A, very easy and convenient; garage B not so convenient; garage C also convenient

Then drove to my alt stream grade start point for another little warmup and the INTs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Daffy!

I have 5 later.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 with 6 x 400 + 4 x 200, followed by lower body strength.

Daffy, I will never understand why metro or the Baltimore transit system don't do special events. I am fully expecting a cluster with the Baltimore running festival this year. For most of the racec's history, play off baseball has been a non-issue. The 1 year it wass a possibility, they made all the start times earlier, and light rail or subway were no longer an option for some of the races. Not good when you tell runners to use public transit.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello.  I ran 10 miles on the track, feeling my lack of endurance.  I was pretty wiped out when I finished.  I was also battling some wicked acid reflux, which was entirely unpleasant.  Happy to get the 10 miles done and logged 46 for the week, which feels like a pretty good start in getting my fitness back.

<3

5.5 with 6 x 400 + 4 x 200, followed by lower body strength.

Daffy, I will never understand why metro or the Baltimore transit system don't do special events. I am fully expecting a cluster with the Baltimore running festival this year. For most of the racec's history, play off baseball has been a non-issue. The 1 year it wass a possibility, they made all the start times earlier, and light rail or subway were no longer an option for some of the races. Not good when you tell runners to use public transit.

I looked up Balt… at least Sunday hours start at 6am… DC is 7am…. And the Pentagon station will be closed during the race.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I looked up Balt… at least Sunday hours start at 6am… DC is 7am…. And the Pentagon station will be closed during the race.

When baseball was a possible issue, all the start times for Baltimore got moved up. I think the full then started at 7am. If you catch light rail from Hunt Valley to downtown, it is 45 minutes (maybe longer), so the 6am transit start really didn't help.

DavePNW

6 very slow recovery miles, definitely feeling yesterday’s 21. A humid day by our standards, which means a dewpoint over 60, lol.  I did sweat more than usual! 57 miles for the week.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 12 on hills and felt wiped out when I finished and have been dehydrated all morning.  Something I ate yesterday disagreed with  me and I suspect that lowered my hydration level before I had even stepped out the door.  Still, 49 miles for the week is my best total since last September.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

5 miles + 20 min strength. Slept like Baboon last night, 930pm-7am and it was glorious. Stupidly humid out there.

DavePNW

Fred & Baboon - nice job on the mileage!

For me, just checked and it’s now 10 straight weeks of 50+. Which is not a huge deal for me mileage-wise, but it means I’ve stayed healthy that long. Knock wood.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got a late start this morning on my run/walk. Did not hear my alarm and ended up sleeping in until 7:30 a.m. Guess I needed the rest, lol, and it did feel pretty good. I went to Fort Sam Houston, for a nice-and-easy, SLOW 3 mile relaxed run after doing the Alamo Beer 5K the day before. Did not even get started until 9 a.m., so the temp was already 83 degrees. I went from the Jimmy Brought Fitness center over to the nearby family housing area and just working my way across the neighborhood - going up one street, down the next street, and so forth. Some of the neighborhood dogs recognized me, lol - I hand out treats when I run in this neighborhood - so I had a barking cheer squad as I went along - and did stop to hand out treats.

After doing the last street of the neighborhood, I then ran past the Fort Sam track and went over to the hotel that is on the base. The staff is very nice about letting me take a water stop here, letting me use the water fountain. Then it was back to running again, going past the PX, through the commissary parking lot, and then back to the gym.

Time was 3.2 miles in 43:03 and I had positive splits, which is what I wanted for this easy outing - Mile 1, 13:34; Mile 2, 14:07, Mile 3, 15-something -I forgot to turn my watch back on for a minute, after I stopped to hand out a treat - so that was cool, 13,14, 15, lol.

Nice cold shower after felt great!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Fred & Baboon - nice job on the mileage!

For me, just checked and it’s now 10 straight weeks of 50+. Which is not a huge deal for me mileage-wise, but it means I’ve stayed healthy that long. Knock wood.

Cool!   Hope I don’t jinx myself…,I’m on a similar length string