Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES!! Lets do this! (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sad I'm really sorry; that is such a sad situation.

Thanks. It is.  Sad I won't even get to see PR for a few years but I hope next time I go it's better than right now.

He is checked in and waiting to board in an hour!

Damaris

Runshortii

Last year they screwed up the Milwaukee Marathon course and everyone ran .6 miles too far.  This year it looks like they screwed up again but this time it was short.  

http://fox6now.com/2017/10/17/25-5-miles-internal-investigation-into-milwaukee-marathon-after-runner-concerns/

I’m not surprised. Glad I didn’t run that one. I ran the HM in its inaugural year and I swear it was short. They said “oh GPS variance”, but I’ve never ever ran a HM that didn’t measure at least 13.1, and it measured 13.02 on mine. Same for other runners as well

Baboon

delicate flower

Last year they screwed up the Milwaukee Marathon course and everyone ran .6 miles too far.  This year it looks like they screwed up again but this time it was short.  

http://fox6now.com/2017/10/17/25-5-miles-internal-investigation-into-milwaukee-marathon-after-runner-concerns/

The article's last line states this:

The race was advertised as a qualifier for the larger Boston and New York City marathons — so if the distance was off, this one won’t count.

Is that correct?  I thought Boston just went off the results that got submitted regardless of whether the course ran long or short.

<3

LRB

So on the plan for today is 20min up, 4x1mi @ 8:30mm pace (I realize this is a snail's pace for some of you but it'll be a good stretch for me Big grin ), 3min R, with 10min down. Anyway, my dilemma presented itself b/c of the daylight issue: I don't feel safe running by myself on a nearby trail in the dark, and the treadmill would've woken up my sick kiddos, so I'll have to do it on the treadmill later today after some errands. Treadmill. In this gorgeous fall weather!!!!   

It's all good, we don't judge. Now if you get caught cutting a race course short, it might get ugly. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

So I discovered today why the workouts have been so damn challenging. When I previewed the McMillan plans, there are 4 levels. I remember looking at level 2 and 3. 2 looked a little less than what I had been doing, 3 looked like a bit of a challenge. So naturally, I picked level 4  Blonde moment at it's finest. Got that fixed, workouts look way more manageable now.

Now that I got that fixed, this week's long run is 11 with a fast finish. Already not following the new plan, since I need to run 13.1 on Saturday. Will still try for the fast finish. Will depend how I feel and if weather cooperates.

Baboon, at least you didn't make any inappropriate comments not realizing the other runner was your wife.

Runshortii

D - that sucks Sad it makes me really angry how PR has been treated.

back to the frozen tundra today. Which is bittersweet, but I can’t run another day in this crap

Half Crazy K 2.0

So on the plan for today is 20min up, 4x1mi @ 8:30mm pace (I realize this is a snail's pace for some of you but it'll be a good stretch for me Big grin ), 3min R, with 10min down. Anyway, my dilemma presented itself b/c of the daylight issue: I don't feel safe running by myself on a nearby trail in the dark, and the treadmill would've woken up my sick kiddos, so I'll have to do it on the treadmill later today after some errands. Treadmill. In this gorgeous fall weather!!!!   

Seems pretty fast to me  No way in heck can I do mile repeats at 8:30, maybe 1/2 mile on a good day.

Cyberic

It's all good, we don't judge. Now if you get caught cutting a race course short, it might get ugly. Big grin

lol

not lazy, just tired

Another beautiful morning here... high 40's, sunny, dry, bit of a breeze... perfect running weather. So 4 slow and easy miles done for me  Trying to get my eating back on track and avoiding the baked crap trap.

Not if it makes sense.

LRB

I had ordered a new pair of Asics Nimbus, on sale. They arrived this afternoon. Turns out rumor was true, the 19s are narrower in the toe than the 18s and 17s.  I hate it when they change a model so it's unwearable. Since those were my long run shoe, I need to start over and find something wide and cushioned. (I also have bony feet.)

This happend with the Kayano. The 21 was the most perfect recovery/long run shoe ever (I had run in the 19 and 20 up until that point), then they had to go and make it narrow. The change threw it off balance and I felt like I was going to kick myself in the ankle on the follow through.

I didn't find an alternative so I alternated the 21s I had with the 22s until it wore in. It's still an awful shoe comparatively speaking and the 23 wasn't much better. The 24 is out now but I haven't even bothered ordering it despite having 532 miles on one pair of 22s and 502 on the other. Guess I should probably do that soon...

DavePNW

The race was advertised as a qualifier for the larger Boston and New York City marathons — so if the distance was off, this one won’t count.

Is that correct?  I thought Boston just went off the results that got submitted regardless of whether the course ran long or short.

They fucking better, because my watch had 26.13. I didn't ask around to other runners too much (I usually do, but I was too busy congratulating myself); I mentioned it to the RD and he was surprised because other people told him it was slightly >26.2. It was USATF certified anyway. This is actually the 2nd of 9 for me which measured <26.2 on my watch.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

BQs still have to be run on a certified course and if the course was not set up on race day to match the course that was certified, then it was not run on a certified course.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Shit happens, but twice? JHC. I can guarandamtee you there's no way I'm getting near that 12.5-mile half I ran again, even though AFAIK they've been running it many years without incident. Also it was pretty shitty how they handled that one.

Dave

DavePNW

BQs still have to be run on a certified course and if the course was not set up on race day to match the course that was certified, then it was not run on a certified course.

How does that get policed?

Dave

onemile

It looks like they put the turn around cone in the wrong place and not where it was on the course map. They also screwed up on the turn around cone on the 10k.