Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: My Posse on Broadway (Read 47 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Lilac, I agree with others: Tell the guy he should run a 5k if he can do that on a training run. A guy came around the RA main forum saying essentially the same thing and he was labelled a troll almost immediately.

I would also like some pecan pie...

I did a 6 mile Pace run this AM. It was 72 with a 17mph south wind. Crazy weather we have here on the plains. I have the same amount of miles in this week than I've had in all my other weeks for the last month, but I haven't done my LR yet. Yeah, I've been slacking a bit for the past month or so, but I've had 2 races (HM & a 10k) and I wanted some lower miles around the 4th. My wife even commented that it's the longest I went without running in a long time (it was 3 days completely off).

Have a great Friday everyone!

- Andrew

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Waffles, omelets and TURKEY BACON OH YEAH!

Best dinner, ever.  Although I'm thinking banana splits one night for dinner next week.  Why not - I'm an adult.  I can eat my dessert first if I want.

4mi on the TM this am.  All hopped up because it's Friday and I had time to make my Harney and Sons Jasmine tea today.  I run on the TM because it hurts less but PT said "get your ass outside and get your legs used to it."  I DON'T WANNA.

Happy FRIDAY!

(Tri on Sunday).  YEP.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 in the rain.

Marjorie

Ric-G

had my two donuts (unplanned) yesterday. they were sure good. but enough of that.

I am having two dinuts from DD, April.  Sounds like we planned it!

lilac - i'll go with 28.5 minutes...don't know why people do that either

scotty - thanks...now I want some pie that I won't have

will do maybe 4 or 5 easy later....dumb friday jokes:

two vampires walk into a bar, first vampire says "I'll have some blood," second vampire says, "I'll have some plasma." The bartender looks at them and says, "so you're having a blood and a blood-lite."

grasshopper walks into a bar, bartender says, "hey there's a famous drink named after you!" grasshopper says, "really, there's a drink named Marty!"

horse walks into a bar, the bartender says, "why the long face?"

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

What would the BF do?

A friend of mine, who apparently just started running this week, posted last night that he finished 3.2 miles in 18.5 minutes. I know this guy, it is beyond unlikely, so i commented that he made a typo. I went to check this morning and he actually deleted my comment. I don't know why but this makes me really mad. I just wrote "not cool :/" because unfortunately this guy cooks the food at my favorite restaurant.

I'd say he over estimated as I'd bet it was an estimate and he doesn't realize that that is pretty darn fast......If it happens again I'd send him a message and just say wow, how did you get so fast so quickly?

Marjorie

RSX

I ran 5.2 along the Seattle waterfront. No rain all week!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How do you like Seattle?

I ran 5.2 along the Seattle waterfront. No rain all week!

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD for me....two races this weekend!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DavePNW

two vampires walk into a bar, first vampire says "I'll have some blood," second vampire says, "I'll have some plasma." The bartender looks at them and says, "so you're having a blood and a blood-lite."

grasshopper walks into a bar, bartender says, "hey there's a famous drink named after you!" grasshopper says, "really, there's a drink named Marty!"

horse walks into a bar, the bartender says, "why the long face?"

Pirate walks in the bar with a steering wheel attached to his belt buckle.

Bartender says "You have a steering wheel attached to you"

Pirate says "Arr, it's driving me nuts!"

Did another 3 miles this morning. Went OK but near the end I started to feel it behind the knee, where all the pain was before.  Not quite pain yet, but maybe would have gotten worse if I continued. Not sure if that means I should back off, or if it's just going to be touchy for a while.

Currently in Chicago with the family, visiting my parents et al. DD2 & I are going to the Cubs game this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Hip Redux

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I decided I had enough BS for one week, and am out of work at 2.   Thirty more minutes!   Then massage and some sort of exercise, though my hip thing is still lingering on a bit.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pirate walks in the bar with a steering wheel attached to his belt buckle.

Bartender says "You have a steering wheel attached to you"

Pirate says "Arr, it's driving me nuts!"

That took me way too long!  Then I laughed.

Have fun in Chi-town.  It's a shame you're at the wrong team's game though.

Oh yeah, I ran 6.43 miles this morning, and will probably do it again tonight.  Tomorrow I'm actually going to race a 5k.  It'll be on pretty tired legs, but I need the fitness indicator.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did not know Dunkin Donuts sold bagels, April.  Do they put a donut in the middle?

scottydawg, you take rest days? I'm surprised.  Well, Basya, I'm a lot older than you.  And uglier too, so I need all the 'beauty sleep" I can get. Joking  Wow, that is some 'tuneup'.  I need another rest day just reading that!

Nice running, Andrew.  I take it there is no wind-break out there on the plains.

Good luck with your Tri on Sunday, MBC.  Guess your legs will be outside that day!

Running in the rain sounds really nice about now, Marjorie.  Long as it's not a pouring down rain.  Oh heck with it, at these Texas temps, even that would be nice.

Good luck with your two events, Kristin!

For DaveP and Ric: Snow White was in her bath, relaxed and feeling sleepy.  But then he got out, so she started feeling grumpy.... ....what came up out of the mine after a piano fell down the shaft?   A flat minor....    Big grin   And GO CUBBIES!  Sorry about the knee starting to hurt again, Dave.

Well, Oski is probably already gone from work now and enjoying her massage.  Hope it will help her hip some.

Good luck with the 5K, SIAR.  I will predict your 5K time at....18 minutes!  Hell, if Lilac's friend can do it, so can you!  Joking

For those of you wanting pie:  you can have mine!  The first Thanksgiving Gail and I spent together - in Hawaii - she decided she would cook Thanksgiving dinner for me:

Gail:  "Would you like a pecan pie?'

Me:  No thanks.

Gail: "Pumpkin?"

Me:  "No thanks."

Gail:  "Apple?  Lemon Meringue? Cherry?"

Me:  "Nope."

Gail "Oh, for pete's sake, then tell me what kind!"

Me:  "None.  I actually don't like pie."

Gail (appalled):  "WHAT?  Who doesn't like pie?  OK, we'll just have the other usual stuff then."

Me:  "Umm, nope...no cranberry sauce, stuffing, no cooked vegetables, don't like those either.."

Gail:  "Sheesh.  This is going to be one easy meal to make, what do you want?"

Me:  "Turkey and potatoes."   Big grin

So if I ever get any pie, y'all can have it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You and Gail are hilarious, Scotty!

Good luck, SIAR.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good luck with the 5K, SIAR.  I will predict your 5K time at....18 minutes!  Hell, if Lilac's friend can do it, so can you!  Joking

Aww, you're gonna leave me disappointed!  I'll be happy with anything in the 17:30-45 range, although being on tired legs you may be closer than what I'm thinking.

That's funny about the pie.  I don't really like pie all that much either.  And, I'm not that big of a Thanksgiving food fan either.  Sounds like we'd make good eating partners!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I'll be happy with anything in the 17:30-45 range...

Closer to 17:00.