Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: My Posse on Broadway (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

5 easy treadmill miles after my PT session this afternoon.

As soon as my problem toenail is about to be a regular toenail again, it goes and gets itself black and blue again.  Some quick handiwork with a needle relieved the painful pressure.  Now, how long until the nail falls off?  3-4 months?  Poor toe.

<3

Have fun in Chi-town.  It's a shame you're at the wrong team's game though.

SIAR - does this mean you are actually a White Sox fan? What is a Sox fan doing in Akron, OH? Or anywhere, and admitting it?

Dave

B-Plus

I didn't know there was such a thing as a taping workshop, but I'll ask. I love the easy runs now too.

LRB...thanks I'll try.

To be honest, I have no idea. So I hope I don't make you look like an idiot if you do ask. My favourite LRS hosts regular PT talks, but I've never been so I have no idea what they talk about.

LRB

SIAR - does this mean you are actually a White Sox fan? What is a Sox fan doing in Akron, OH? Or anywhere, and admitting it?

I would watch a game in either stadium I could get a ticket to.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm kinda torn. I was in Chicago for 6 years, and did become a White Sox fan. We even had a season ticket plan. I grew up in Ohio during the time that the Indians had the consecutive sell-out streak and it was impossible to get tickets. So, what I'm saying is, it's easier to fall for a team when you can see their games. Now that I'm back, I kinda root for both and watch numbly when they play. That's probably unacceptable fandom, but it's the truth. Also, getting to see the Sox World Series games in '05 was phenomenal. And, let's face, no Cleveland team is ever going to win anything (or else the universe would explode).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

And, let's face, no Cleveland team is ever going to win anything (or else the universe would explode).

Cleveland got screwed the year the strike shut down baseball.  That team was a power house and one of the best I have ever seen from top to bottom.

RSX

Great.  The fact that it's a great place to run makes me happy because I might request the WA license (decision that was made before I even heard that).

You would love the weather and winters wouldnt be bad. Lots of great places to run. Not that I travel a lot but have never seen a more runner friendly place. Very flat along the water but you wouldn't have to go far to find hills. I saw some tough hills there.

RSX

What did you think of Safeco?

Yes, I used to have to force the slow pace, but now I just relax and enjoy the view. Has your running store done a taping workshop? Maybe you can chat the owner up on one of your early morning runs about bringing somebody in.

Safeco is a great park. I have been to 8 others and would rank it pretty high. No hassles for moving down. Lots of fans wearing Sox stuff like me. 1 guy gave me the business (which didnt bother me) but 3 guys apologized for him.

Hello dailes!

Rick - why not swim and then party?

D - enjoy the rest

Lilac - maybe he should be a candidate for VP next election.

Baboon - waffles and eggs sound like a delicious dinner

Scotty - mm, pie

April - great day for a LR, nice

Basya - speedy for sure

Brr - hope your Friday went well

MBC - good luck Sun.

Marjorie - that was a very Hemingway -esque dailies post.

Ric-G - unplanned donuts are better than planned ones.

RSX - what a streak in rain country

Kristin - good luck at the races

DaveP - hoping that it stays well for you

Oski - must be nice to get out early on a Friday

SIAR - 17:35 on tired legs, don't underestimate your speed Big grin

Rondog - excellent

Robert - good miles, even with the roadkill face

B+ - nice recovery run

Hobbit - great weather

Zelanie - glad it went well

15.3 with the last 4 just a little fast, nothing serious.  Weekly mileage PB set, one day still left.  There were a bunch of Northern Flickers right outside my window earlier.

Jess runs for bacon

Seven awesomely not humid and cool miles done Smile

I also had to share with you the dress I made (the whole thing, even the underdress) for this 1920s party tonight. There were some issues with part itself but I think I look fabulous Smile I am on the left

And then a close up of my curls...yeah I don't mess around

LRB

Rick - why not swim and then party?

I plan on doing just that, only somewhere else.

LRB

I also had to share with you the dress I made (the whole thing, even the underdress) for this 1920s party tonight.

Those are really pretty.  You want I drive for yous?  I am pretty sure I have a zoot suit somewhere in my closet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looking gorgeous, lilac!

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Those are really pretty.  You want I drive for yous?  I am pretty sure I have a zoot suit somewhere in my closet.

Zoot suit?? *swoon*

LRB

Zoot suit?? *swoon*

I was a huge fan of The time and specifically Morris Day way back when.  That was my dude.