Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #17 (Read 32 times)

RunningOnSand

I will run commute in anything. The question is not "Will I run in this?" but "How do I dress to run in this?" It is simply a thing I do. Makes me feel like a tough guy (to myself) to do so, the kind of guy who will run in anything, you know? Once you've decided that is what you do, it's much easier for me to do it than if you need to answer the question "Should I run in this?" because even if you answer yes, you might have regrets outside. I leave myself no choice in the matter.

I'll most probably still run in anything after I stop competing. I do not run to train anymore. I run because that's what I do, and I'll train if I choose to race. 2 different things to me.

Love it! What a great perspective to have! (all of it!)

DavePNW

Thanks for the link; it must be for specific sizes--the lowest they'd go for me is $89.99. Did you get several more pair?

Sorry! They had my size. I only bought one pair, because I still have an unopened box, and I am always reluctant to go too crazy on building inventory. Plus I need to be watching my cash flow these days.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Sorry! They had my size. I only bought one pair, because I still have an unopened box, and I am always reluctant to go too crazy on building inventory. Plus I need to be watching my cash flow these days.

it's all good--probably better that they didn't have my size, b/c I have a pretty healthy inventory right now!

RunningOnSand

Yeah, only certain colors/sizes ... but the 1400v6 that I got for around $60 is now $47! I'd be all over that if I didn't already have that color.

$47 is a steal! Do you usually not do duplicate colors?

bluerun

Super B****

$47 is a steal! Do you usually not do duplicate colors?

I prefer not to, especially if I'm rotating them at the same time... it gets too confusing to track mileage that way. But I check on those periodically and I'm sure a different colorway will be similarly priced at some point. It's a pity most of them are so boring, though!

Speaking of which, I've decided to exchange the 1080v10 after all. I'm just going to get another pair of Rebels since I know those work for me. Black or white?! Both are boring, I just can't decide which is less so.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

3.4 miles with strides. I cut the strides short because it was dark and raining pretty heavy and I couldn't see shit. No need to twist an ankle.

I have 4 unopened boxes of Ghost 11s. And I am already bored with the colors (they are all duplicate to the ones I'm wearing now).

Glad the dress works out for you Blue! I have never worn a red dress because my hair is strawberry blonde and so its not the best color for me. Also, when's the next diving trip?

sdWhiskers

Flying to Houston this morning!

Have fun!

Make us proud!

bluerun

Super B****

Glad the dress works out for you Blue! I have never worn a red dress because my hair is strawberry blonde and so its not the best color for me. Also, when's the next diving trip?

I hope my hair is red by the time the wedding rolls around, which doesn't actually mean RED red, because I refuse to bleach it... I'll call it "artistic contrast" or something. Doesn't really matter since it's not MY wedding, nobody really cares what I look like! (So long as I'm appropriately covered, anyway. ) Aaaand the wedding is in Houston. I am not thrilled about having to use days off work for that.

Probably my post-Boston trip... that's such a long time away, I don't know how I will manage.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I prefer not to, especially if I'm rotating them at the same time... it gets too confusing to track mileage that way. But I check on those periodically and I'm sure a different colorway will be similarly priced at some point. It's a pity most of them are so boring, though!

Speaking of which, I've decided to exchange the 1080v10 after all. I'm just going to get another pair of Rebels since I know those work for me. Black or white?! Both are boring, I just can't decide which is less so.

I haven't found a store with size 13s in stock so I haven't been able to try them, yet. I hear they're a different fit than usual shoes, plus I have a wide forefoot, so I want to try a pair before I buy one.

I like the black better, but like you, I find them both dull. Not that dull is a bad thing for me. Just saying.

KCRuns

Good luck this weekend, Onemile!

I ran/walked 3 very slowly on the treadmill this morning.  Lungs are feeling much better, only occasional coughing while running, definite improvement!!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I vote black

DavePNW

I ran/walked 3 very slowly on the treadmill this morning.  

So here’s a question for bluerun and any other language geeks. What is the past tense of “run-walk”? I guess it would be considered a compound verb. I can’t find too many similar examples, but you would say “I stir-fried some vegetables last night”, not “I stirred-fried”. So maybe you would say “I run-walked”?

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon!

Still around and struggling my way through it all. I tried running on Monday and got a nasty knot in my calf that I've been gimping around with all week. It's starting to feel better, so maybe I can try again this weekend.

Dave...I've always used run-walked. If you were describing your activity as having ran/walked, then that would make sense, but I agree that ran-walked doesn't really work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

KCRuns

So here’s a question for bluerun and any other language geeks. What is the past tense of “run-walk”? I guess it would be considered a compound verb. I can’t find too many similar examples, but you would say “I stir-fried some vegetables last night”, not “I stirred-fried”. So maybe you would say “I run-walked”?

Let's see what Blue says.  I broke it out it my head - I ran 3 miles or I walked 3 miles.  You wouldn't say "I run 3 miles" as a report of something you already did.  You might say 'I run 3 miles every day" or something like that.  To be used together, I think the tense of the two words needs to be in agreement.  But I'm curious what our resident expert says about it.