Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Cha-Cha Thursday (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I think I must be really sick and twisted. When I saw the 5 degree forecast last night, I thought, "Great! I can join the more miles than degrees club this year!". I woke up early to a full moon and bright stars. Ran 5.2 to break the mark. It was soooo beautiful this morning. No wind and just enough snow to cover the ground. My tracks were mingled with deer and rabbits on the golf course trail. By the time I finished, my eyelashes and face mask were frozen. It was awesome!! Wanted so bad to take a selfie, but the juice on my phone ran out. By the time I got to the charger, my face had melted.

Is there something wrong with me?

No, you sound like the perfect penguin!

Winter running, Kathleen, can be quite exhilarating.  These days I hate the cold - but I have lived in San Antonio for the past 20 years now, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  However, when I lived in Ohio in the early 90s and in England in the 80s, I was out there during the winters in all kinds of snowy, windy weather..and I admit it really was enjoyable and awesome at times.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sapf-- I'm jealous! I want to see that show.

D-- I must've missed it. How's kitty?

Guys, I ran today! Woohoo! Another ~1 mile test run. There wasn't much coughing, but my lungs are nowhere near 100% still. I just don't feel like I'm getting the oxygen I need. Hoping it's not pneumonia. I'll keep doing test runs and hope it clears up. Just glad to get out there.

Kitty is fine, but she still won't sleep in our bed.  She came to bed last night and threw up so I think it is the natural lemon cleaner I used to clean the bed after Hershey pooped it.  I washed everything (I am working from home) so hopefully that will be the end of her vomiting.  But she is just asking for rubs every 2 minutes, so she is fine.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kathleen, that is great!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I think I must be really sick and twisted. When I saw the 5 degree forecast last night, I thought, "Great! I can join the more miles than degrees club this year!". I woke up early to a full moon and bright stars. Ran 5.2 to break the mark. It was soooo beautiful this morning. No wind and just enough snow to cover the ground. My tracks were mingled with deer and rabbits on the golf course trail. By the time I finished, my eyelashes and face mask were frozen. It was awesome!! Wanted so bad to take a selfie, but the juice on my phone ran out. By the time I got to the charger, my face had melted.

Is there something wrong with me?

If your face melts, then yes.  If it thaws, then you're ok! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

TM, PAD?  Is the weather still bad up there in North Texas?  Right now for us the sun is actually out again!

I love hot and humid, Damaris!  I'd move to Miami but (a) I don't think you have enough parks and trails down there for me to run on and (b) Gail doesn't want to move to Miami and, of course, that's the big reason, lol.  Gotta keep wifey happy!

Congrats on keeping ahead of the pace bunny, StoneFence.  Sorry you hated the run, though...sounds like you might need to take a break from running for a bit, get all remotivated about coming back to it.  Your birthday is the 14th?  That is mine and Gail's wedding anniversary...and her birthday is on the 15th...and mine is the 10th...busy week for us, lol.   I WANTED to be born on the 4th of July so I'd always have my birthday off...but my Mom didn't cooperate...

Wow, HsM, that thing costs that much?  That is pretty outrageous..and you're right, at that price the thing should work perfectly!  I will just stick with my 'no-frill' el cheapo brace my military docs give to me..

((((Lauren))))

Good luck with that roller coaster weather pattern, Ginny.   Yeah, we have that here too, in San Antone...but at least our temps are a bit higher, thank goodness, than the ones you're dealing with.

Happy 8, Jack!

Hope your session went well, Brilliant.

Jeez, obiebyke, I sure hope it's not pneumonia either! Happy you can get out and get some running in.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

TM, PAD?  Is the weather still bad up there in North Texas?  Right now for us the sun is actually out again!

I love hot and humid, Damaris!  I'd move to Miami but (a) I don't think you have enough parks and trails down there for me to run on and (b) Gail doesn't want to move to Miami and, of course, that's the big reason, lol.  Gotta keep wifey happy!

Congrats on keeping ahead of the pace bunny, StoneFence.  Sorry you hated the run, though...sounds like you might need to take a break from running for a bit, get all remotivated about coming back to it.  Your birthday is the 14th?  That is mine and Gail's wedding anniversary...and her birthday is on the 15th...and mine is the 10th...busy week for us, lol.   I WANTED to be born on the 4th of July so I'd always have my birthday off...but my Mom didn't cooperate...

Wow, HsM, that thing costs that much?  That is pretty outrageous..and you're right, at that price the thing should work perfectly!  I will just stick with my 'no-frill' el cheapo brace my military docs give to me..

((((Lauren))))

Good luck with that roller coaster weather pattern, Ginny.   Yeah, we have that here too, in San Antone...but at least our temps are a bit higher, thank goodness, than the ones you're dealing with.

Happy 8, Jack!

Hope your session went well, Brilliant.

Jeez, obiebyke, I sure hope it's not pneumonia either! Happy you can get out and get some running in.

There are no parks and trails and the ones we barely have open only from 8 to 5pm so good luck figuring out a time to run.  Gail is the voice of reason, I wouldn't want to move to Miami either.

Canceled Pilates due to work.  Have a late hearing I need to listen to.  LIfted weights and did core at lunch, so I am all ready to go bore myself for 2 hours.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Were people stalking me at my race last Sunday, lol?  Here is yet another photo another friend got of me on the course....

BTW, that tall guy beside me in the white shirt is a friend of mine...retired Chief Master Sergeant from the Air Force and he is a power walker.  That guy walks about an 8  to 9-minute mile!  He finished the 7K ahead of me while I was still out on the course doing my turtle pace.

Singer who runs a smidge

Sounds like your dad didn't cooperate either!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

We're on a roller coaster this week. It was 32 with a 15 mph wind this morning so I opted for the TM. 70s this weekend.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Still inside, 3 miles.  This older guy said we were disgusting.  Not sure if he was referring to our running or our running odor..

GinnyinPA

Why on earth would someone at a gym say another runner was disgusting?  Were you sweating?  Oh no!

tracilynn

Scotty, that guys legs look *all* bent the wrong way!  Wince!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Still inside, 3 miles.  This older guy said we were disgusting.  Not sure if he was referring to our running or our running odor..

Grouchy old men

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Why on earth would someone at a gym say another runner was disgusting?  Were you sweating?  Oh no!

He was just trying to be funny.  Not too many old running couples.  But now that you menion it, there was a woman last year at the same track, that coughed repeatedly, whenever we passed her.

Amazonian Princess

Employee evaluations are DONE!!! Woooo-hooooo!

Off to celebrate with a session with the trainer. A little worn out from last nights 30 min TM- 30 min bike - 30 min elliptical (while rocking out to classic Duran Duran!) but I'll just keep repeating to myself "sweating like a pig, feeling like a fox"

MTA - Great photo, Traci! You're freakin' gorgeous!

I can. I will. I am.