Beginners and Beyond

10k and 5 miler RR (updated May 13 with 10k photo on pg 2) (Read 90 times)

B-Plus

Really great races, especially that 10k PR!!

LRB

I was actually gonna say Anderson Cooper with a little Bill Pullman.

My first thought was Prince Charles...when he was young and good looking of course.

Just B.S.

My first thought was Prince Charles...when he was young and good looking of course.

Snort!!! Of course Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What a pair of great races and that medal is one of the best I've ever seen. I'm jealous. I may have to come up for that race next year if it doesn't conflict with anything I already have planned. Seems like we're getting a bunch of celebrities here with you being interviewed for a newspaper article.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

B-Plus

What a pair of great races and that medal is one of the best I've ever seen. I'm jealous. I may have to come up for that race next year if it doesn't conflict with anything I already have planned. Seems like we're getting a bunch of celebrities here with you being interviewed for a newspaper article.

Excuse the momentary hijack. I'm not big on medals, but my favourite is my Newport 2010 medal (not my pic):

Sorry again, carry on.

Just B.S.

Thanks George! Ran a full this past Sunday that went pretty well.

Are you stalking me or just have a very good memory ? Smile LOL The article came out in the paper a few days ago Smile

You should come up! We put on great races and have very friendly running folks. Just ask RSX, we entertained him and his lovely

wife for a half last year. Same race as the newspaper article. He finished about 15 seconds before me and we

all had a blast!

Just B.S.

You have fine legs, lady! And you and your DH are very well matched. You make a nice and young looking couple. 

Why thank you. I know you are exaggerating about the young part but I will take the leg compliment. Smile

Just B.S.

Sweet!!! After we are done with the racing thing I will cull the medals and just keep the really cool/special/memorable

event ones. Currently we have over 200 and hopefully will race for a few more years Smile

That one would be a keeper!

Excuse the momentary hijack. I'm not big on medals, but my favourite is my Newport 2010 medal (not my pic):

Sorry again, carry on.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks George! Ran a full this past Sunday that went pretty well.

Are you stalking me or just have a very good memory ? Smile LOL The article came out in the paper a few days ago Smile

You should come up! We put on great races and have very friendly running folks. Just ask RSX, we entertained him and his lovely

wife for a half last year. Same race as the newspaper article. He finished about 15 seconds before me and we

all had a blast!

Not sure how good my memory is any more. Between distractions, traveling, and racing I've been a couple weeks behind in reading and replying to threads and I'm just getting caught up. I'm sure there are a few I should read and reply to but won't get to for one reason or another. I've got a feeling that race may conflict with my returning to run the Ice Age Trail 50K again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Just B.S.

Not sure how good my memory is any more. Between distractions, traveling, and racing I've been a couple weeks behind in reading and replying to threads and I'm just getting caught up. I'm sure there are a few I should read and reply to but won't get to for one reason or another. I've got a feeling that race may conflict with my returning to run the Ice Age Trail 50K again.

Ah well, lots of great races to choose from here (except unfortunately ultras Smile ).

Let me know if you are ever interested and I will send you a link to the local listings. Just make sure to let

me know so that I'm not off somewhere travelling to a race. Smile