Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesdailies? (Read 41 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

14.17 miles so far today at 7:53 pace, including every hill I could find. 5 more miles this evening with a group, then a partay. I still have to make my tomato salad, but it's pouring rain so I can't grill my corn! First world problem?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, in my house, he gets a hug, a push out of the bedroom while we clean, and then he comes back contrite and sleeps it off.  Crazy fucking cat.

lmao!

I would have booted his ass to the moon!

Back from hell in court.  My migraine is there somewhere, I've eaten tons of shit today, and just had a donut.  In other news, at least three people have told me today that they either (1) don't recognize me because I have lost a lot of weight; (2) never seen me looking thinner; or (3) swear I must have lost at least 10 pounds.  All of this while I'm at my heaviest weight ever but I guess part of it is transparent or super strong muscle, ha.  I've been told at least 10 times in the last two weeks the same.  Must be true!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did you win in court, Damaris?  Yeah, we have a cat that's older now (14) and I think she is getting a bit senile, often leaves a 'present' for Gail in Gail's favorite chair.   Hope your migraine is gone by the time you go for your miles.

Happy you got your miles in, LRB, in pleasant weather.  I am so jealous!  We set another 'high record for the day" by hitting 105 degrees yesterday.  Again!  We've hit 105 twice now this summer, and the heat index yesterday was 110.  Gaaack!  Either Mother Nature has a burr up her butt about Texas or the Devil has decided to summer here this year.   Today's high will ONLY be 103.

Step, how not to worry about your clothes not fitting:  don't wear any! Big grin  I am sure you will get to where you want to be in no time.  Good luck!

Congrats on your miles, Andrew, sorry about the block party though.  Sounds like you managed to DQ through the disappointment, though.

Good luck with your miles later, FreeSoul, and hope your weather behaves for you.

Marjorie: 15!  Oh, that wasn't an adding contest you were doing? Joking  Oh well.  Congrats on your miles!

You're not alone, Phil.  I'm right here on the forum with ya, with work waiting in the wings.  No worries, it will all get done.  Sometime.

Zelanie, hope that work meeting does not cut into your planned half-day you mentioned on the other thread.

Good luck at your Tri tonite, MBC!

Enjoy the SRD, Ric.

Grilled corn?  It's a party, SIAR, don't take sensible food to a party!  Big grin  Congrats on doing all those hills!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

scotty...they're all vegetarians!  they keep telling me, "think how much faster you'd be if you ate better!"  and i keep saying, think how grumpy i'd be if you took away my meat!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scotty...they're all vegetarians!  they keep telling me, "think how much faster you'd be if you ate better!"  and i keep saying, think how grumpy i'd be if you took away my meat!

Do vegetarians really not like meat...or do they just hate plants and that's why they eat them? Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

evening.  I get to go meet up with my cousin tonight.  Haven't seen her in a long time.

Then a favorite run tomorrow.  I'm down close to Hilton Head and there is a nice neighborhood that I like to run in across the street.

Scotty, nope, not an adding contest!  Just 10.5 miles.  I have to let SIAR win sometimes  Wink

Marjorie

outoftheblue

I got in 8.3 miles with some hill work this morning.  The rest of the day has been spent in a frenzy of cleaning and menu planning as we are hosting 6 friends for the weekend.  Sometimes I think that if I didn't have company over, the house would never get a thorough cleaning.

Life is good.

LRB

scotty...they're all vegetarians!  they keep telling me, "think how much faster you'd be if you ate better!" 

That's not necessarily true, and it's bad form on their part to say things like that.  You would kick my ass twice in the same race before I finished once so what does eating healthy really mean lol!

Yo.

Damaris, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that you had a pleasant six-miler.

Rick, bravo on the 7.5.

scottydawg, enjoy the weights.

Burrrrn, fantastic five. Which chews do you use?

FreeSoul87, I hope that your post-work run was fun.

Shari, brava on finding a way to stay active on a SRD.

Marjorie, terrific 10.5.

Zelanie, I hope that your six-miler went well.

MBC, congratulations on graduatingSmile

Ric-G, I hope that you're enjoying your SRD.

SIAR, have fun doubling.

outoftheblue, excellent 8.3.

6.1 miles with the run club in 58:08.29. 9:32 pace. The few point was only 50F, so you know that I had to enjoy thatSmile

I think that I'll do my speed work in the morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like you feel much better, Basya!

6 miles done.  Not bad weather but I cannot wait til it's in the mid 80s instead of mid to high 90s (heat indexes because Miami's real high is close to 90F).  You know it's humid when the heat index is 15-20F higher than the temps.  Bah.

Damaris

Damaris, I feel better, today, I made sure to not make the mistake of going ibuprofen-free.

15-20F higher? Gah.

Hip Redux

I PR'ed my XC race!  So there's my WTF for today.   I basically said eff it, last race of the season and I wanted to run.   As my husband stated, I am incredibly stubborn.    I will tell the dr that I "tried" not to run.

Yay, Oski!

Rondog65

Took a couple of days off to rest up a little.  Got out this evening a got a good 4.7 miles in.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

LRB

I PR'ed my XC race! 

Coming off an injury, that is bad ass X 2!