Beginners and Beyond

Here Comes the Rain FriDAILIES (Read 50 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty that joke made me laugh.

Pup is back in the living room.  He decided to join the family versus holed up in our bedroom on his blankets. His brother is thrilled as now they can snuggle on their pillows in the living room and he isn't getting growled at.  Refused his pain meds.  Gingerly took the greenie they were stuffed in and spit it out.  And didn't want any treats either.  I think his jaw hurts.  He got half a pill in him so that will have to do.  4 pm will be warm compress and his antibiotics which will be the finger force down the gullet since he has to have them.

Marjorie

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Scotty that joke made me laugh.

Pup is back in the living room.  He decided to join the family versus holed up in our bedroom on his blankets. His brother is thrilled as now they can snuggle on their pillows in the living room and he isn't getting growled at.  Refused his pain meds.  Gingerly took the greenie they were stuffed in and spit it out.  And didn't want any treats either.  I think his jaw hurts.  He got half a pill in him so that will have to do.  4 pm will be warm compress and his antibiotics which will be the finger force down the gullet since he has to have them.

This sounds really gross but it totally worked when we were stuffing pain meds down Jewell 3 times a day: pill inside peanut butter sandwiched between two pieces of chicken!  She didn't stop to chew the chicken and gulped the whole thing down and the peanut butter kept the chicken together and hid the pill!

Good luck Smile Hope he's back to himself soon.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

This sounds really gross but it totally worked when we were stuffing pain meds down Jewell 3 times a day: pill inside peanut butter sandwiched between two pieces of chicken!  She didn't stop to chew the chicken and gulped the whole thing down and the peanut butter kept the chicken together and hid the pill!

Good luck Smile Hope he's back to himself soon.

May have to try it.  He won't take any peanut butter or any of his favorite treats right now. He did eat at the vets this am so I think he is just tired and his jaw hurts.  He loves the greenies too but had no interest.

Marjorie

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

May have to try it.  He won't take any peanut butter or any of his favorite treats right now. He did eat at the vets this am so I think he is just tired and his jaw hurts.  He loves the greenies too but had no interest.

pain meds could be making his stomach upset too.  Poor guy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Poor Hammy!  Maybe Quincy will convince him to eat?

Damaris

B-Plus

4 day weekend?  Is there a holiday I don't know about B-Plus?  Or did you just make up your own?  Enjoy your long weekend!

Monday is a national holiday, so I decided to tag an extra day on. Sometimes 3 days is just not enough.

Scapp - Nice squats.

5.7 lunchtime miles @ 7:57. I'll do some strength work later.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

he took his antibiotics and liked the warm compress.  he is snoring now.....

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

URD.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hang in there, Hammy!

Elliptical, legs workout, and PT are done.  90 minutes total.  Man, I really had a great legs workout today.  I hammered on them and felt no knee pain, only limited by how much my legs could handle.  Good stuff.

<3

Happy Friday, people!

Shari, thanks for starting today's thread.  Good luck in Fargo!

kristin10185, I hope that your last day of work went well.

Phil, great leg, elliptical, and PT session. I'm glad that your knee continues to improve.

Marjorie, excellent 11.2. I hope that Hammy is well soon.

Damaris, have fun lifting and running.

jblackjr, good luck to you and your friend tomorrow!

AprilRunner, have a fantastic post-work five-miler.

Brrrrrrr, good luck tomorrow!

Rick, sweet 7.5.

scottydawg, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

lilac_jive, I wish you continued success.

Ric-G, have fun doing whatever you do.

scappodaqui, intense workout. Whew!

Tom, fantastic four-miler.

B-Plus, great job with the 5.7. Enjoy strength training.

Immediately after work, I did 5.78 miles in 50:00.87. 8:40 (?!?!?!?) pace. After two back-to-back SRDs and plenty of rest, I had loads o' vroom.

After running, I went to the gym, where I did weights, push-ups, ab work, and thirty-six minutes on the ArcTrainer.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! SRD today, HM tomorrow.

I'm going to drive my mom to the 5k tonight, and I'll bring the DD with me to the Expo for packet pickup. Hopefully I can stop and get a picture with Dick Beardsley who will be at one of the booths. I'm going to introduce my mom to some coworkers and she's going to walk the 5k with them. I've been asked to participate and volunteer for the 5k but I need to take care of the DD tonight. Weather for the start of the HM tomorrow is 58 degrees with a 40% chance of rain/t-storms. Hopefully the 60% prevail and we're dry.

Have a great day everyone!

I got a picture with Dick Beardsley:

Dick Beardsley and I

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Brrrrrrr!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

You can see the bracelet I just got in that pic too! Smile

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap!  I see it!  I wonder if the one he's wearing is the Jenny bracelet....

You can see the bracelet I just got in that pic too! Smile

Damaris

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

AWESOME!  Did you guys talk at all?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb