Beginners and Beyond

Science confirms trolls suck (Read 101 times)

Hip Redux

onemile

I have much more respect for people who are horrible under their real account. 

Hip Redux

I have much more respect for people who are horrible under their real account. 

LOL

LRB

I will read the linky later but for a look at some of our brightest and best look no further the comments that follow any online article regarding race, religion, politics or sexuality.  I usually cannot get past the tenth one.  lol

Love the Half

Race - Yes, I have run a few

Religion - Many exist

Politics - The conflict between individuals or groups hoping to achieve power

Sexuality - Hells yeah.  Now you're talking.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Trolls: either morons or else cowards. Or both.

And +1 to what onemile said. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

WubbU

Unicorn Wrangler

I thought everybody was welcome here, but you don't sound like very nice people.

I poop rainbows

LRB

lol

happylily

That's right. We are very not nice. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I will read the linky later but for a look at some of our brightest and best look no further the comments that follow any online article

FYP. There is nothing I hate more than internet trolls or anyone talking shit behind a computer. Because chances are, these people wouldn't have the guts to say most of those comments to someone's face. Bunch of cowards hiding behind a computer. Pathetic.

LRB

FYP.

Yes, I suppose it could be any subject.  I can dig that.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Yes, I suppose it could be any subject.  I can dig that.

I follow the local news station on FB, and the trolls come out in force for practically every little thing. So assuming and judgmental too.

RSX

The local newspaper for years had had great comments after the articles except when they started getting too personal via login names. So many articles I skimmed because the comments were fun to read instead. Last year logins changed to Facebook names. Now those comments are dull if they get any. Bring back the trolls!!

Daves_Not_Here

They don't suck, they just have something lacking within them. That's not a crime. Horrible? No...Needy? Yeah...I've met many people IRL from the Internet, many of them are how I perceive them from their mannerisms and ideologie(s) online. There have been a few that adopted a "softer" persona IRL upon meeting.

They don't suck, they just have something lacking within them. That's not a crime. Horrible? No...Needy? Yeah...I've met many people IRL from the Internet, many of them are how I perceive them from their mannerisms and ideologie(s) online. There have been a few that adopted a "softer" persona IRL upon meeting.

I'm bitchier in real life.  Online, the time it takes to type a response makes that internal filter kick in more often than not.