Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Kick Butt (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Kick Butt Day!

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

Bin Running

Thanks for starting PAD..

7M easy in the morning for me done.. Still learning French on my easy run... Not so good but better than nothing..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Not-quite-6 miles for me with a 1600 and an 800 at ~8:15 pace. I didn't want to wear myself out with an actual workout this close to my race but I did want to feel out 8:20 as a starting pace for Monday, felt easy enough - perfect 2:05 splits for the first 2 laps, little faster for all the rest. Finished with a sprint down my street to get my trash and recycling barrels out before the truck got to my house (success!).

PADRunner

Morning Bin & Lauren Pngs to come. 3 this morning done.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD, Bin and Lauren.  Getting ready for 10, our last LR before Des Moines HM.

Have a great weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  3 miles tonight (not a typo).  Flying out tomorrow.

Supposedly, my splits will be posted on my FB but if not, Bib #22545.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  I will be kicking butt AND taking names today, then!

Actually, just SRD #5 for me, plus a dentist appointment (last one for a while, hopefully) and a half day of meetings.  Plus hopefully I will be hitting a blood drive after work, since I don't have to worry about it affecting my training.

PAD- Sounds like today's run was better? Smile

Bin- Are you listening to a "learn French" program while you run?  C'est génial!

Lauren- Applied speedwork!  I like it!

Jerry- Have a great LR!

D- Kick some butt on Sunday!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  No walkies this morning -- chorus night is always a late one, so I don't like to get up early the next morning.  DH is running sound for a memorial service on Saturday, and they want Mozart's Lacrimosa played during the service.  So this morning I logged into my phone, went to Amazon, found the version they wanted and bought it, and downloaded it.  But I couldn't transfer it from there to anywhere DH could get to it.  So I fired up my computer, downloaded it there, and put it on his Dropbox account.  He got it, burned it to a CD, and we're good to go.

Except that now my phone is haunted by Mozart's ghost.  Twice now I have heard, or think I have heard, part of Lacrimosa playing very very very quietly on my phone.  It's so subtle I have to hold the speaker up to my ear to be sure it's happening.  It's only for a few seconds.  And if I log into my phone, there's no indication that anything is playing.  Spooky!!

Bin -- Woo-hoo for your easy French 7!!

Lauren -- Sounds like a great pre-race workout!!

PAD -- LOVE the kick-butt penguin pic!!

Jerryb -- have a good 10!!

Docket -- have a great time this weekend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

D: Have fun!

Traci: Have a good trip and we want pictures! (at least I do. Smile)

Not much going on this weekend. Costco, Apple store, short runs of 4-6 miles, picking up DD2 from her San Francisco trip, friend's birthday party tomorrow night, etc...

Have a good weekend, Pens.

Bin Running

Mel, yes.. learning french thru audio while running.. It's actually worked pretty well cos I am not doing much.. And I do say it out loud while running.. Merci Beaucoup

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

RD today and racing a wet 15k tomorrow.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got 11 done.  Felt good, but took it easy anyway.  Don't want to hurt ourselves, so we will be in shape to hydrate the marathoners on Sunday.  We'll be sure to give D a kick as she goes by.

Have a good 15K tomorrow, Mitch.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't kick me too hard!  Maybe a push in the right direction?

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

It'll be a special speed kick.  You'll drop 2 minutes off each of the next two miles!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It'll be a special speed kick.  You'll drop 2 minutes off each of the next two miles!!

maybe of the next 10 miles???

Damaris