Beginners and Beyond

Groin Stretch ThursDAILIES (Read 50 times)

GinnyinPA

Like Eric, I'm not married, and I always refer to the man I live with as my partner, in French and in English. But if I'm not mistaken, I think he calls me his wife.

Yes, but in French, it's the same word for my woman and my wife.  So he could just be calling you his woman.

5 easy miles for me.  75 degrees felt very warm.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another 4 miles this evening with Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Good swim lesson tonight.  Making progress on my shitty form.  "Streamline, elbows up, full extension, body rotation."  It's like trying to teach a giraffe to ice skate.

<3

happylily

Yes, but in French, it's the same word for my woman and my wife.  So he could just be calling you his woman.

5 easy miles for me.  75 degrees felt very warm.

You are right about that, Ginny. But my SO is what we call here an anglo (an English-Canadian). He doesn't speak French (well, he speaks it enough to survive here, but at home, if I want us to have normal conversations at a normal speed, I'm the one who has to switch allegiance). If I had not lived for so long with him, I would have never ended up in the forums here. My family (parents, sister, etc...) hardly speaks English.

6 miles at recovery, incl. 4x800m @ 5% incline and 4x800m @ -3% descent. Not great, but better than nothing.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 4. You heard that right.  And no fucks are given.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol, Andrea.

Damaris

Cyberic

Good swim lesson tonight.  Making progress on my shitty form.  "Streamline, elbows up, full extension, body rotation."  It's like trying to teach a giraffe to ice skate.

At least on a bike you can't have shitty form. Or can you?

Half Crazy K 2.0

80 minutes on the treadmill with "song interval pyramid". How far, well, depends which gadget you refer to. I get 3 VERY different readings between the treadmill (which says I am barely plodding along at a brisk walk), footpod (middle reading) and Fitbit (highest, odd since it shorts me outside). There is a 2 mile swing between readings. Even more entertaining, with the treadmill on the exact same speed setting as yesterday, same shoes (well different pair of Wave Rider 17s), I had a 1 minute/mile difference in pace.  And this is why I go by time & effort on the stupid thing. And hope drivers get their shit together with the time change so I can run outside after work.

I guess I shouldn't expect too much from a treadmill probably not made in the 2000s.

Half Crazy K 2.0

You can. And if the bike is not set up properly and you are kinda rocking on the seat with each pedal stroke, it can chafe or otherwise hurt delicate parts.

Baboon

delicate flower

On a tri bike form is more important than it is on a traditional road bike.  My form is decent though.  I do need to work on keeping my pedal stroke more efficient instead of mashing my stroke downwards into the ground.

<3

Cyberic

About the bike form, the TM unconsistant readings, I say this: Damn, there is always something.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Trying to run a recovery run on technical trails in a hilly state park the day after a 2+ hour run is not something I would recommend based on my experience today. After a 16 minute first mile I took the shortest route possible back to the car and logged 1.6 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.