Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAY (Read 41 times)

LRB

There was that hard?

I am headed to the track.

The end.

delicate flower

What up, LRB?  Thank you for starting today's dailies.  That was very sweet of you.

Last night I did 7 miles at 8:32 pace.  It was 85 degrees and windy, but that didn't really matter....I was just gassed.  Normally on that route with fresh legs (like yesterday), I could pretty comfortably run 7:50 pace.  Yesterday though my legs were just dead and would not turn over.  When the run ended, my legs didn't even feel like I ran.  I guess that's normal in week 2 of the taper.  I've got 6 on tap today and I expect a repeat performance.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Did another easy 5 miler this morning, I'll pick it back up tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun at the track.

Phil, I hope that you have a more pleasant six-miler.

Dave, fantastic five.

I slept in this morning, instead of going to the gym. I'll do 2.0-2.50 miles during my break.

7 muggy miles this morning. At least no rain, after the skies completely opened up yesterday.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have pilates tonight, followed by 6-7 miles.  By the time I start, I assume the heat index will be below 90F but nothing is assured in this place, so we'll see.  I had to dress like an ultra runner yesterday to get out there with the sun so high at 6pm.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was so busy yesterday at work, didn't even manage to get on the forum all day.  After I got home we had major thunderstorms around here, which pretty much lasted all night and into the early morning hours. Got lots of rain which we need badly.  Quite a light show too, with all the lightning.  One house locally got its chimney struck by lighting and ended up with $60K worth of damage to the house, dang.  No one hurt, thank goodness.

I had a nice weekend.  Did a 5K on Saturday - https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6e78a53aaad14e2484464b58187d2964/resume#focus - this one, always a very moving event each year as it is in memory of children who died for whatever reason.   Sunday, I had a nice 4.1 mile run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk. Love running on the riverwalk early Sunday morning, it is very peaceful as most of the 'touristas' are usually sleeping in until later and nothing really opens on the riverwalk on Sunday until about 10 a.m.  Passed a few early-bird folks sitting on outdoor cafe patios eating breakfast and one couple who were getting some wedding photos done along the Riverwalk.  I stopped running and sedately walked by them, jokingly telling them "I will walk by you slowly so I don't throw my sweat all over you." 

Today's plan is for 3 - 4 miles at a local park, if our stormy weather does not start up again.  I will run in just about any kind of weather, but if there is a lot of lightning out there, forget it.

Apparently today is National Apple Pie Day, but I won't be celebrating it since I don't like apple pie.  Go figure, right LRB...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the dead legs, Phil.  Maybe your legs will surprise you today and do better.

Congrats on the 5, Dave.

Good luck with your miles later, Basya.

Congrats on getting through the muggy miles, DaveP.

Hope your weather behaves for you, Damaris.  We got lucky here, the rain brought a nice refreshing coolness.  Only 61 degrees this morning and will only be about 78 today for my run/walk, nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! SRD day again here. Tomorrow I'll start some active recovery stuff. This morning I'm watching DD as DW goes in for another ultrasound. They weren't sure of her due date last time so now they'll confirm. Then she's got her normal appt., so it will be around noon by the time I get in to work.

- Andrew

happylily

Morning!

I didn't run yesterday.  Instead, I went to IKEA and I ate a dried up piece of salmon lasagna. They didn't have in stock what I wanted, so I came home empty handed. After that, I was too exhausted to run. Shopping exhausts me. Tonight, I'm driving to Kingston, 3 hours away from here. We're going to go to a rock concert. Two bands none of you would know. No running today either. Just as well, my legs suddenly became really sore yesterday. Stupid legs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Two bands none of you would know.

Marshall Tucker Band with Electric Light Orchestra?

<3

happylily

Marshall Tucker Band with Electric Light Orchestra?

LOL... I used to like ELO. Many years ago. 

Two young Canadian bands. Half Moon Run and City And Colour

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all. I refuse to say "Good".

I set the alarm for 4:30 to run early, got up, put my contacts in and got dressed, but couldn't keep my eyes open to check the weather online. Since I'm a klutz anyway, I didn't think running with my eyes closed was a good idea, so I went back to bed. I'm still feeling wiped out, despite not having done anything. But I will run and do a strength training class after dropping DS off at school. I had planned for this week to be my high mpw for the year so far, to get ready for my June 7 50k, but I don't know if that will happen now.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Another easy 7 tonight.  Last night's run went really well.  It was 20 degrees warmer than it had been over the weekend, but I adjusted after a couple of miles.  Then I got home in time to watch the Blazers get a win in! Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rd. Got up to run but run just wouldnt happen

Marjorie