Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAY (Read 41 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My run was kind of crappy this morning. My ckves and shins were acting up, as they sometimes do and on really needed to use the bathroom. Oh well....I need a nice foam roll and stretch session tonight and hopefully will feel better.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Rick, I'm in VA.  I try to get out the door by 4:30ish, 5 at the latest so I can get back in time to get ready for work.  Tues morning runs are going to be tough for a while now that 24 is back on. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Rick, I'm in VA.  I try to get out the door by 4:30ish, 5 at the latest so I can get back in time to get ready for work.  Tues morning runs are going to be tough for a while now that 24 is back on. Big grin

Oh okay, that makes sense.  Not sure why I keep thinking you're on the westcoast!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PM

warm-up , 3000, 2000, 1000, 500, cool down - full pressure on the workouts and 3 min full recovery between.  That one was tough, but at least the weather was pleasant.

8 miles total

Not a bad day - clocked 12 total...

outoftheblue

4 very slow miles on the TM for me.  I found that as long as the incline is "0" and my feet are moving straight ahead, the ankle didn't hurt.  It's more of an issue with day-to-day chores where I find myself pivoting the wrong way and yelling "ouch".  Oh well, as long as I can still run.

LRB -- I guess doing 7 X 2 minutes at 5:55 w/ 1 min recoveries WOULD be a shock to the system.  I hope it all pays off at your next race.  After I get thru CIM, I think I want to switch my goals to shorter races and work on my speed.  I'll have to keep in mind that you do need to shock your system now and then.

I have to admit, it would be kind of cool to see a Phil vs. Rick throw down.   I wonder if circumstances were such and we could all race with/against  each other on a regular basis,  if we would be that much tighter, or if it would kind of ruin things with competitiveness.   I would hope the former, as I think we are all pretty much racing against our own potential, and if someone can push you just a little bit, all the better.   But, until someone invents a telaporter, it's all a moot point, I guess.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

I do think there should be a B&B get-together/race/beer/cake thingy!

I went to the therapy pool this evening and walked for about 30 minutes. It may be a little workout, but I did get a little post workout buzz, so I'll take it.    It's amazing how just a little bit of movement helps keep you mentally in check!    Icing the hip now.

outoftheblue

I went to the therapy pool this evening and walked for about 30 minutes. It may be a little workout, but I did get a little post workout buzz, so I'll take it.    It's amazing how just a little bit of movement helps keep you mentally in check!    Icing the hip now.

Now that you mention beer and cake, what could go wrong?

Life is good.

Just B.S.

Sweet!!! On your way back!

Hip Redux

Sweet!!! On your way back!

Thanks!

The therapy pool has been sort of amazing.  I can't walk well without crutches but in the water?  Totally normal.  Feels like nothing is wrong.  Ahhhhhh.

Just B.S.

Thanks!

The therapy pool has been sort of amazing.  I can't walk well without crutches but in the water?  Totally normal.  Feels like nothing is wrong.  Ahhhhhh.

I think I only swim laps because I get to treat myself in the gigantic hot tub afterward. Smile

DavePNW

Beer mile?

Dave

Beer mile?

I'm in.

10.2 easy.

outoftheblue

No one seems to care about the cake mile *sniff*

Life is good.

Hip Redux

Yeah, where's the cake love!  I'd rather that than beer anyway. lol

SO maybe a beer mile followed by cake!

Well yeah, but a marathon with frequent cake stations, OTOH...  Big grin