Beginners and Beyond

Wake up! Its MonDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently nothing if you are a woman.

I got THAT part!  (Such a relief, I didn't want to throw mine out.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

(not actually a turtle)

No you can't. This fall has been abby normal as far as conditions go. The typical high 30s/low 40s starting temps and mid 50s finishing temps have been absent without leave around these parts.

I would imagine you coming in somewhere around 3:55 on any other day given your actual finish time, so maybe you can take comfort in knowing that you could have completely crushed that thing were it not for something out of your control.

Thanks, LRB, that's about how I'm processing it today.   Not ready to think about another one right now but it'll probably happen, can't leave a 4:02 as my PR.

DavePNW

Hello everyone!  I've been a bit of a slacker since RWOL bit the dust, but for those of you who came over and knew I was training for the BayState Marathon, I thought I'd make a quick post.  It was a gorgeous Fall day for anything but a marathon yesterday--quite comfortable at the start (which was not a good sign because ideally it'd be COLD early), and warmed up rapidly.  It was in the low 70s (with lots of sun) by the start of the 3rd hour. 

I hit the half at 1:55, which in retrospect might have been a bit fast.  I hung on through 20 (though my pace had slowed to the mid 9s), but around 23 the heat caught up to me and my calves began cramping in a way they've never done before.   The final 3 miles were a bit of a deathmarch (something like 33 minutes) and I came in at 4:02:09.   That's still a marathon PR by 8 minutes, but I'm a bit disappointed since I thought I had a real shot at sub-4.  Maybe on a more typical October 22nd in New England, but you can't control what comes on race day.  Anyway, #4 in the books, 10 minutes faster than my first in 2012, so I'll take it.

Have a good day everyone!

Nice job! An 8 min marathon PR is huge. Gonna reload for the spring? Pick a race and go get your sub-4. Based on 4:02 on a hot day, you should be able to do a whole lot better than that.

MTA: I see you have not yet decided on the next one. That's OK, stick around here and we'll help decide for you. 

Dave

oldfartrunner

That barely even counts as falling!  (Not that I'm complaining.)

That looks like a falling while running uphill fall?  My hands are what usually get the brunt of the scraping when I go down.

Cyberic

I should have specified, men's version. You could pull it off. I do not want to see any race pics of Baboon in those shorts you posted. I am the wrong person to ask though, because I only wear black shorts with 9" inseam.

This

Cyberic

I ran very little at lunch but will run some more during little girl's soccer practice.

DavePNW

This

But on you, a 9" inseam looks like short shorts.

Dave

oldfartrunner

I got 8. Smile

AMT: WOW!  8 min PR!  I think we need a pee check here.   Great job!

LM: Nice, you are use to 10s, 2 miles is no big deal really until you get up the food chain. ...Great Dane!!??  Just wait until he pees all over the place in your house marking territory!

ROS: That is good for ya!

Mick: Good luck!  The wife and I have one too! Get some "satisfaction".

KC: That ought to be easy compared to a marathon!  Good luck!

Red shorts are ok, until you start to sweat.   But not as bad as white.  I like bright colors up top, and just got this today! New Balance Ice. Ready for Halloween!  The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a neon, glowing orange.

Image result for new balance ice singlet black and orange

Cyberic

But on you, a 9" inseam looks like short shorts.

Look at my profile pic, crooked legs and all. 9" inseem ain't that short

I do wear bright colored tops, though. Ideally I wouldn't, but white is a drag to wash and black is too hot.

oldfartrunner

Look at my profile pic, crooked legs and all. 9" inseem ain't that short

I do wear bright colored tops, though. Ideally I wouldn't, but white is a drag to wash and black is too hot.

Lol!  If you wore 1-3" inseam, you would look like you had a G string on.  If you do, you better have a pair of undies, under them puppies-and some quick tan.  Where is that video of Mr. Winkie running? Think Freesoul has it.

LRB

Pics or it didn't happen

I need to race, all of my pics are old!

LRB

Image result for new balance ice singlet black and orange

I have that singlet in red and blue. It is extremely light and dries remarkably fast. It is perhaps one of the best singlets I've worn for running in the heat, which is saying a lot because I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 of them.

DavePNW

I have that singlet in red and blue. It is extremely light and dries remarkably fast. It is perhaps one of the best singlets I've worn for running in the heat, which is saying a lot because I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 of them.

that's 30 more than I own.

Dave

Cyberic

I own 3. Identical Asics. The blue on my profile pic, a green, and an orange. I'm still a bit self conscious when I wear them, but they serve a purpose

oldfartrunner

I need to race, all of my pics are old!

OMG, LRB you are supposed to be racing today!  Go look! ...Thanks for the input on the singlet. The material is a little different than the neon green one, but they are supposed to be both Ice? I hope it works to keep me cool.  Love NB singlet's  and shorts.