Beginners and Beyond

Wake up! Its MonDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

oldfartrunner

I own 3. Identical Asics. The blue on my profile pic, a green, and an orange. I'm still a bit self conscious when I wear them, but they serve a purpose

Blue is a little too much of a cool, calming color for me. I like bright, wake up stuff!  The only bad thing is everyone knows where you are at in a race, and it's hard to sneak up on a competitor, or get lost in the crowd when you are trying to ditch one. Esp. in a trail race. My wife said she could see me a mile away from the finish.   Can't stop to pee wearing neon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 easy miles and core work.

I get either black or multi colored shorts. Solid colors other than black show too much sweat. In the summer, even black looks like I peed myself.

AMT, nice PR. You can't control the weather. I would think in those conditions, an 8 minute PR is huge.

oldfartrunner

3.5 easy miles and core work.

I get either black or multi colored shorts. Solid colors other than black show too much sweat. In the summer, even black looks like I peed myself.

AMT, nice PR. You can't control the weather. I would think in those conditions, an 8 minute PR is huge.

Amen Sister! Preach it girl! ...Oh!  I did pee myself!...  Damn prostate. (insert head shake).

LRB

For me, red is a mindset, an attitude. It says, I'm going to kick ass today, I'm going kill this race. Of course that doesn't always happen but show me someone who didn't think they were going to race their best and I'll show you someone who probably didn't.

I haven't raced in them all at once but I own red shoes, singlets, arm sleeves and shorts. I don't always wear red at events but there are those days when I feel red (this applies to speed work and easy runs too), and that's what it's for.

Your ass kickin' color might be green, or blue, or pink or black. But whatever it is, for some of us, what we wear plays a huge part in our mentality going into a race. For those who don't, they're saving themselves a ton of money, which, could motivate you to race your best too. #whateverworks

LRB

OMG, LRB you are supposed to be racing today!  Go look! ...

I must've been swimming deep in my wine bottle the night I posted that. But hey, what can I say. I made fun of wine-heads when I was a kid, only to grow up to be one. 

OFR, I've dogsat this dude before, and I thought we had some sort of leak going on with the plumbing--turned out it was Leroy outside peeing.  He's quite, erm, prolific and tall, which equals LOUD.

ROS, he's 5.  He's very much a senior, and as I understand Great Danes have like a 7 year life expectancy, so he's in the golden years.  He'll still be our friend's dog, we're kind of like Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv--he's just living with us because home isn't a great scene for him.  It's not very nice I suppose, but I clarified with his owner that he's living with us, but he's not our dog, in the sense that I'm not holding the bag for vet bills and massive food costs for an aging enormous dog.  He's super sweet though, you meet him and kind of fall in love with him.

Baboon, I'm confused.  It was my understanding that triathlon people eschewed sport specific clothing, such as "running shorts," and did all running, racing, and training exclusively in that unitard kit thing.  Otherwise, how would the rest of us one-trick-ponies realize that you are, indeed, a multi sport enthusiast?  I mean, if the triathlete isn't wearing a unitard, did a tree really fall in the forest?

I'm mostly joking with you, because you don't seem douchy at all, but I met a super annoying I hated him so much IronMan friend of a friend who wore that damn unitard EVERY.FUCKING.WHERE. including dinner, and now I have to poke fun at the tri kit at any opportunity.  But really, good luck finding some red shorts.

Some of you are new to my rando stories, so I'll share a shorts-specific one from a couple years ago.  I went to an out of town wedding at the Ritz outside Tuscon.  My first time (actually, my only time) staying at the Ritz.  Fancy schmancy!  First thing I do, of course, is put on running clothes and head down to the gym for some quality time on the TM.  6 miles of quality time.  Scented towels.  Lovely view.  However, it's quite dry in AZ, you may have heard about this.  I live by the beach, and it's usually at least 70%, so that's what my skin is used to.

Fast forward 6 miles on the dreadmill in dry AF Arizona weather, and my butt cheeks had chafed so badly that I looked like I was having a very lady-specific issue.  I was wearing neon yellow running shorts.

I had to do a whole walk of shame through the Ritz trying to keep my butt against the wall as much as possible to get back to my room.  I wasn't even drunk yet.

I mostly buy black and navy blue shorts now.

LRB

that's 30 more than I own.

Yeah, and that doesn't even include long sleeve shirts or event shirts, either. But when you've been running 7 years, it's kind of hard to not have accumulated a ton of crap...unless you're you, apparently?

oldfartrunner

LRB, agree!  Got to wear what works and be ready to suffer and do your best come race day, or even a hard workout! Here's my New Neon NB Ice Singlet! I'm in the multi pose man-cave room. Smile Takes awhile to get a pic here!

oldfartrunner

Some of you are new to my rando stories, so I'll share a shorts-specific one from a couple years ago.  I went to an out of town wedding at the Ritz outside Tuscon.  My first time (actually, my only time) staying at the Ritz.  Fancy schmancy!  First thing I do, of course, is put on running clothes and head down to the gym for some quality time on the TM.  6 miles of quality time.  Scented towels.  Lovely view.  However, it's quite dry in AZ, you may have heard about this.  I live by the beach, and it's usually at least 70%, so that's what my skin is used to.

Fast forward 6 miles on the dreadmill in dry AF Arizona weather, and my butt cheeks had chafed so badly that I looked like I was having a very lady-specific issue.  I was wearing neon yellow running shorts.

I had to do a whole walk of shame through the Ritz trying to keep my butt against the wall as much as possible to get back to my room.  I wasn't even drunk yet.

LOL LM!!!  Gives "bunns of steel" new meaning!

Half Crazy K 2.0

At least the tri suit is not a tank & banana hammock.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But on you, a 9" inseam looks like short shorts.

You're running, not playing basketball! 

I ran my 4 and lifted weights.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Moving Turtle!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For me, red is a mindset, an attitude. It says, I'm going to kick ass today, I'm going kill this race. Of course that doesn't always happen but show me someone who didn't think they were going to race their best and I'll show you someone who probably didn't.

I haven't raced in them all at once but I own red shoes, singlets, arm sleeves and shorts. I don't always wear red at events but there are those days when I feel red (this applies to speed work and easy runs too), and that's what it's for.

Your ass kickin' color might be green, or blue, or pink or black. But whatever it is, for some of us, what we wear plays a huge part in our mentality going into a race. For those who don't, they're saving themselves a ton of money, which, could motivate you to race your best too. #whateverworks

Plus it's fast.  Or at least I feel that way in it, even if I don't produce it.  LOL.

Damaris

onemile

Baboon, I'm confused.  It was my understanding that triathlon people eschewed sport specific clothing, such as "running shorts," and did all running, racing, and training exclusively in that unitard kit thing.  Otherwise, how would the rest of us one-trick-ponies realize that you are, indeed, a multi sport enthusiast?  I mean, if the triathlete isn't wearing a unitard, did a tree really fall in the forest?

lol this is awesome and so true

onemile

I ran 9. yayy taper