Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

onemile

I plan on wearing shoes which have over 200 miles on them (that's all I have)

The shoes that I plan on wearing have 185 miles on them. I normally like to wear shoes with about 50-100 miles.  But I hate to break open a new pair.

LRB

What's up Rick? How much of that chocolate were you able to eat, this morning after the gym I stopped by CVS and bought one pack of the 86% and one pack of the 72%, I tried to eat a whole square of the 86% but it's tough.

I had a 15 square bar (small squares) and ate three of them. With chocolate that has a high percentage of cocoa, it is more about the finish (at least for me it it) than say with milk chocolate (or dark chocolate with a lot of sugar) where it is more about the chewing.

I will have another three squares this afternoon for my snack between lunch and dinner. You kind of want to eat each one slow and enjoy the back end.

LRB

...Wouldn't have been pretty...

lol - you are so funny!

200 miles is fine for racing shoes. That is a point where they still look good and ride good.

Enjoy the reunion Boon!

The body won out Step, nothing wrong with that. Have a productive PT session later.

Of course they missed you D, you are the energy of the office I am sure.

Clouds are my friend as well Lori. I sweated like a pig last month at the Rock with how I was dressed and in those temps!

You wearing a back brace O?

Good morning Zel. It seems as if you have it all figured out this spring.  Smile

The only time something does not hurt CJ is race day morning, which means you trained and tapered perfectly. Immediately after the race the pains come right back. lol

Have a good run HC, the blood flow will do your body good so you may feel better tomorrow than during the run. That is normal after a PR performance.

SA sounds like a great place to visit Scotty, and you are a great ambassador for it!

Good morning Jenny.

LRB

As for me, I am continuing my attempt to eat my way back to running this morning with raspberries, blueberries, granola, Greek yogurt, pineapple and strawberries.

I will have a large kale salad for lunch (which actually is extremely yummy as those things go) and at the moment I am considering meditation. lol

Hip Redux

You wearing a back brace O?

No, but I contemplated getting my crutches out!    So long as I don't move or attempt to bend at the waist, I am ok.

Zelanie

Good morning Zel. It seems as if you have it all figured out this spring.  Smile

Fake it til you make it. Smile And pass some of that yogurt and kale this way, it sounds delicious!

B-Plus

B-Plus

What's up? I had a fairly decent run last night, but the strides were a bit of a shock to the old body. 4 miles tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, but I contemplated getting my crutches out!    So long as I don't move or attempt to bend at the waist, I am ok.

Ugh.

Damaris

LRB

Fake it til you make it. Smile And pass some of that yogurt and kale this way, it sounds delicious!

It's a great snack with fruit and granola for sure.

LRB

cjones1

The only time something does not hurt CJ is race day morning, which means you trained and tapered perfectly. Immediately after during the race the pains come right back. lol

Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

What's up? I had a fairly decent run last night, but the strides were a bit of a shock to the old body. 4 miles tonight.

When are you flying out?

LRB

Smile

Actually that's pretty accurate. lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Actually that's pretty accurate. lol

And stuff that usually didn't hurt in training will hurt in the race.  I vividly remember the calves and hips from mile 18 on in my last marathon.      Race pain though, not injury pain.

<3