2020 Dailies #26 (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Congrats on the race win Blue!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, blue!

Damaris

Cyberic

Good job on the mileage increase Wolmvar.

Good job on the Tempo Baboon. Do you keep the same pace targets whatever the conditions, or do you adapt? Preparing for Boston is a bitch.

DavePNW

Good job on the Tempo Baboon. Do you keep the same pace targets whatever the conditions, or do you adapt? Preparing for Boston is a bitch.

LOL, last year was train every day in the cold, them show up for the race and it’s hot as balls.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Awesome job, Blue!! Looks like 2020 is going well for you, too!

Babs, nice workout.

I had to LOL @ your comment, Cy, about getting back into shape (with a 74 mile week). Big grin Of course, everyone on here knows what you mean, and it makes sense, but if you told that to a non-runner they'd look at you like you were crazy (and then ask you how long it takes for you to run a "5k marathon", probs, lol  Wink.

Daffy, hope your hammies cooperate on Tuesday.

Docket, have a blast! I love Cirque's shows. Granted, I've only seen one, but it was amazing; I really enjoyed it.

Wolvmar, your week sounds great! Nice mileage.

FS, did you figure out your shoe fiasco in regards to how your legs are feeling? I have a love/hate relationship with massages...they hurt so good! Enjoy (?) yours tomorrow!

RunningOnSand

My head is still cloudy and my chest congested but things seem to be moving in the right direction (that's 3 checks for those keeping score at home) so I am encouraged.

Walking back to my car I could see/feel myself running so hopefully I'll be ready to get back at it in the next few days.

✅✅✅

Cyberic

RoS, right, I mean getting back into the kind of shape I want to be in. The advantage of keeping my volume high-ish even when not training is that even when "out of shape" I"m not that far off from being in shape. Everything being relative, of course, my "Out of shape" is someone else's top shape, and my top shape is some people's out of shape.

But yeah, that's hard to explain to most people.

And btw, my 74 mile week counts as a getting back into shape week. My legs were tired on my run today, so I'm working.

sdWhiskers

5 easy miles. Ran over to DS's tennis lesson then family brunch at IHOP. Did not go crazy but man I love me some pancakes.

Lots of great work around here this morning! Congrats to everyone for getting out there, in wintry conditions, amidst injury, for winning HMs! My achievement was not getting hit by a car around any of the churches I ran past. Sunday mornings can be scary times.

Baboon

delicate flower

Honestly, I don't shoot for pace targets, since 7:00 pace could feel easy one day and hard the next.  I shoot for efforts.  Generally speaking, the shorter the intervals, the harder the effort.  I don't adjust my effort based on conditions.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Me trying to do tempo work on black ice:

<3

DavePNW

man I love me some pancakes.

+a gazillion.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I won a half marathon in which I placed third last year so I was unaware that they did have an awards ceremony for OA ... until they called me when I was halfway home. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Unlike Jerusalem, they’re going to mail it to me, so that’s nice!

And for DaveP: I ran 1:37:17 last year and 1:30:51 this year. It’s a multi-lap course (four for the half, eight for the full) and they give splits for each one, and I ran them all successively faster, so I am pleased with that!

Way to go! That’s a huge improvement over a year ago!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Walking back to my car I could see/feel myself running so hopefully I'll be ready to get back at it in the next few days.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Got to get back while it’s still moderate temps! Global warming may be bad overall, but is kind of good for Michigan winter running!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 17.7 in wet snow / slush. I'm slowly gonna build my mileage and my LR's length back up to where it's supposed to be. Enough slacking! Time to get back into shape, and in a mental state in which I'm confident I have a shot at a PR.

ETA: 74 for the week

17.7 in slush and 74 for the week...what will you build to?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS, did you figure out your shoe fiasco in regards to how your legs are feeling? I have a love/hate relationship with massages...they hurt so good! Enjoy (?) yours tomorrow!

I think so, it appears the Guides will work. My legs have been hating me since last week's stupid idea of hitting those hilly trails twice in one week.

I too have a love/hate relationship with massages, especially when its trigger point... which is what tomorrow will be 🥺

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)