Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #26 (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Some runners are dumb. Ok, one dude. I belong to a community FB page, which is basically people bitching about stuff and refusing to do anything about it. Stuff like, there's suspicious activity, I thought you all should know. Maybe, call the police? Or this summer, there were tons of car "break ins"--in almost every case, the car was unlocked. When the suggestion by police & county councilman was to make sure doors are locked, people flipped their shit. So today's gripe is people speeding. Yes, people drive like maniacs, I have had multiple people pass me by crossing the double yellow lines. So dude chimes in he runs in the neighborhood & has been hit not hard 4 times. He said he has now resorted to breaking mirrors & denting fenders when cars get too close to him! Yea, that is a genius option.

DavePNW

Congrats!

For the record, I think you deserve to be featured with your tape-breaking marathon victory on our home page. Definitely a top B&B moment.  But I guess it's a boys club.

Dave

DavePNW

Some runners are dumb. Ok, one dude. I belong to a community FB page, which is basically people bitching about stuff and refusing to do anything about it. Stuff like, there's suspicious activity, I thought you all should know. Maybe, call the police? Or this summer, there were tons of car "break ins"--in almost every case, the car was unlocked. When the suggestion by police & county councilman was to make sure doors are locked, people flipped their shit. So today's gripe is people speeding. Yes, people drive like maniacs, I have had multiple people pass me by crossing the double yellow lines. So dude chimes in he runs in the neighborhood & has been hit not hard 4 times. He said he has now resorted to breaking mirrors & denting fenders when cars get too close to him! Yea, that is a genius option.

Dave

sdWhiskers

SD PD was supposedly stepping up ticketing pedestrians, cyclists and drivers today. This after I think 5 pedestrians/cyclists were killed in the past 7 days alone in the city. Stay safe out there peeps.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, yea, that bingo card about covers it.

We had an ongoing crop cannon issue instead of fireworks.

sdWhiskers

LOL this is spot on for Nextdoor. Although probably higher percentage of lost cats and obvious racism.

Baboon

delicate flower

LOL ours would have to include "bear sighting."  Every freaking day multiple people post about seeing a bear, where, and when.  It's like, what am I supposed to do with that information?  In the time it takes to get on facebook and post about it, the bear has moved on.  We live in a town with a very high bear population, and the bears are mostly harmless, aside from getting into trashcans and bird feeders.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

SD PD was supposedly stepping up ticketing pedestrians, cyclists and drivers today. This after I think 5 pedestrians/cyclists were killed in the past 7 days alone in the city. Stay safe out there peeps.

I like this idea! I think there is enough poor behavior from all parties that enforcing all the rules would go a long way.

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats!

For the record, I think you deserve to be featured with your tape-breaking marathon victory on our home page. Definitely a top B&B moment.  But I guess it's a boys club.

I never even go to that page so it took me a second to realize what you were talking about!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - congratulations on the win and the big PR for the race.

Our local FB has a lot of "I need a job" or "Here's who is hiring" but the rest is spot on.

I ran 12 on a nearby town's rail trail. It was windy and I had to do the workout portion of the run heading into the wind so it was a hard one. The plan called for 8 x (2 minutes at 10k + 2 minutes at MP). RA changed the average paces for a lot of the intervals - like 8:12 became 8:00. I have no idea why.

DavePNW

LOL ours would have to include "bear sighting."  Every freaking day multiple people post about seeing a bear, where, and when.  It's like, what am I supposed to do with that information?  In the time it takes to get on facebook and post about it, the bear has moved on.  We live in a town with a very high bear population, and the bears are mostly harmless, aside from getting into trashcans and bird feeders.

Our town does not have a high bear population, but there was one wandering around for a while, and people were going crazy posting sightings multiple times daily.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

We have a crap ton of deer. They are doing some sort of stream restoration project. Someone posted what are they doing (which has been answered before) and that OMG, no one thought of the deer. I never see deer. Clearly, they have never looked outside because it's pretty common for 6 or more to meander across the main road through this neighborhood.

For the longest time, the FB page was people looking for updates about a diner that was supposed to close for 6 months while it was moved across a parking lot. It took 18 months, people got really impatient.

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats!

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Our town does not have a high bear population, but there was one wandering around for a while, and people were going crazy posting sightings multiple times daily.

Coyotes here.

bluerun

Super B****

We have a crap ton of deer. They are doing some sort of stream restoration project. Someone posted what are they doing (which has been answered before) and that OMG, no one thought of the deer. I never see deer. Clearly, they have never looked outside because it's pretty common for 6 or more to meander across the main road through this neighborhood.

For the longest time, the FB page was people looking for updates about a diner that was supposed to close for 6 months while it was moved across a parking lot. It took 18 months, people got really impatient.

That seems about right! (My pool closed for three months. Which was nearly a year.)

chasing the impossible