Beginners and Beyond

Wherefore Art Thou, MONDAILIES? (Read 37 times)

I did push-ups and ab work last night. Tonight, I'll do five miles, weights, and thirty-five minutes of cardio at the gym.

I'm in taper mode. And I don't like it.

LRB

Right here my darling Juliet! 

I am finishing up some light strength and core stuff.  Be back later...

happylily

That's what you call a taper, Basya? 

The plan says this week is a recovery week, with 74 miles. Hmm... whatever. 10 at recovery today, and it will be slow. I didn't sleep all night because I had supper very late yesterday. It's going to be a tough day at work.

Have a great Monday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Rick, enjoy.

Lily, have a pleasant ten-miler. I'm doubling today, so I won't have to run or do cardio on Thursday. I have things to do, before leaving next Monday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4-5 miles tonight.  Aren't you glad I can run now?  For your own sakes!

Basya, I cannot wait until I can do my ab work and pushups again.  Less than three weeks!  Taper!  I've never liked it.  Enjoy!

LRB, enjoy your light stuff.

Lily, have a nice 10.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What is up thee?

We've got some good weather this week with one day at 39 degrees, but the rest between 50 and 60 degrees (YAY!). Of course now I have to control myself with all the walking, rollerblading and biking I will do with Dorian, last Spring when I upped my biking/walking mileage from nothing to 10-15 miles a week I ended up having to take a few days off.

Not sure if it was my imagination, but after the 16 miler yesterday I immediately took one serving of my BCAA tablets (6 huge tablets that tried choking me) just to see if they would do any good and then I soaked in the tub, afterwards I was no longer sore whatsoever - though I did have a headache and needed a nap.

This  morning Rocky and I ran 6.1 miles and no soreness though my right arch was achy so I am debating one whether to take Dorian rollerblading, biking or a walk later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! 4.35 miles way too early this morning (outside since the weather didn't suck!) with 4x100m strides at the nearby high school track toward the end. Lifting in a few hours, more coffee now so I can wake up enough to get some work done. Have a good day!

Zelanie

Morning!  Cutback week, but it won't really feel like it until later on, since I want to have some easy days before my race this weekend.  So, 7 tonight after work.

Basya- I agree, sounds like a tough day for taper mode!  What was it you were going to buy for your trip?  Peanut butter?  Or was it Nutella?  Don't forget it! Smile

LRB- Enjoy the easy day- you earned it!

Lily- I assume you're not splitting the 10 up into a double? 

D- 4-5 miles already?  Awesome!

FreeSoul- Nice run today!

Lauren- Glad you got a good outdoor run in!

delicate flower

Hello whatcha say!  Today's post-work run will be determined by how my legs (and stomach) feel once I begin said run.  Could be recovery, could be tempo.  YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

It was 36 degrees when I woke up. Can you believe that? I posted on FB the same, but it's like Mother Nature flipped a switch and we went from Winter to Spring. I was able to clean my drive way a little yesterday, when it was all melting. DD kept me company while DW went to a baby shower. Man the time change had me all sorts of screwed up. I went to bed before 10, which would have been before 9 the night before. Crazy.

I was up early, and hit the TM for 7 Easy miles. It went well. Boy was the gym quiet this morning. Just one other person right when I got there then no one. Added pushups (which I have been doing daily anyways). I still want to give a crack to the 100 pushup challenge.

On a side note DW made the mistake of saying it looks like I put on a few pounds. Between now and my Marathon (60 days away) I'm going to try and drop about 8 pounds. I definitely have the mileage for it, so I'll have to watch my eating. It would be really sweet to be at a better racing weight when I toe that line.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I am taking my SRD (I had considered a short run to check the status of ice on the route I want to do hill repeats on Wednesday) because my knee is a bit tender. I will still do an hour of martial arts and possibly some yoga later today. Other than the tenderness in the knee, legs feel good for having gone from an average of about 40 mpw for the last year up to 60+ the last two weeks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

On a side note DW made the mistake of saying it looks like I put on a few pounds. Between now and my Marathon (60 days away) I'm going to try and drop about 8 pounds. I definitely have the mileage for it, so I'll have to watch my eating. It would be really sweet to be at a better racing weight when I toe that line.

I should probably do this, since I have been told I am not built like a runner.  (The person being winked at knows who she is.) But I am so damn hungry all the time, I'm not sure if I could do it.

Anyway, SRD today. Thanks goodness for the reprieve, because with the stupid time change, my 5AM treadmill wakeup call is going to come really early tomorrow.

Dave

happylily

People are so damn sensitive, here. 

People are so damn sensitive, here. 

I am currently crying into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Dave

happylily

I am currently crying into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

LOL...