Beginners and Beyond

The Fashionably Late TUESDAILIES (Read 49 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need to get me a large cover for fixing things up in the microwave... it would make things so much easier Smile

Didn't have time this morning to paste my workout.

Focus was on the shoulders and Delts
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 10lbsX12reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX12reps
    Loaded Plate Shoulder Press: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 70 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 70 lbs
    Shoulder Shrugs: 25lbsX20reps, 25lbsX20reps, 27.5lbsX15reps, 25lbsX20reps, 27.5lbsX15lbs, 27.5lbsX20reps
    Barbell Upright Rows: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
    Front Plate Raises: 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX8reps
    Side Laterals to Front Raise: 5 sets/ 12 reps/ 12.5 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 15 lbs

Before work, I did a couple squats with a 20lb kettlebell and a few 30 second bridges and 3 sets of donkey kicks (12 reps). This evening I will do some abdominal core strengthening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

Running a brisk 0.0 today instead of my scheduled 6.  Baby was up all night and my legs are feeling it after 14 miles on Sunday, and Monday's recovery run.  I'll just swap my Thursday rest day for today.  It's all good.

Oh, and I'm still eating like I ran, BTW.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

B-Plus

I'll run later. 8 miles.

Mmmmm...beer

Zel, nope, I'll still be here. Smile  The only time I'll be off grid is when we visit the inlaws, because they live out in the boonies where you can't even get a cell signal. lol

Just read a great article in RT about attitude.  I can say that any time I've had the chance to talk with our local "elites" who are I guess technically sub-elite, they have had a very similar mindset.  It's us damn hobby-joggers that need to try to keep it real. Smile

http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/elite-state-mind?page=single

Takeaway at the end of the article:

4 Keys to An Elite Attitude

1 - Don't treat training runs or race times as indications of your self-worth

2 - Value every runner's efforts, success and potential

3 - Don't beat yourself up in training or in evaluating your workouts and racing

4 - Recognize that your running ability is a result of many factors, not just how serious you are or how hard you push

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

A tad bit slower than i hoped but I got it done. Smile

Lily I'm not quite sure your question but this week's mileage should be 62 miles and in two weeks it goes to 63 and then I taper. My biggest concern is the long runs which top out at 16. Higdon worked for me in the past but it no longer worried me. Hanson scares the beejeebies out of me which I figured was a good thing. If it doesn't scare you it doesn't challenge you in my opinion. And This plan is scaring me more than I ever thought. Chris used it twice with great success so I figured i would give it a whirl.  If it doesn't work I'm going on a field trip to speak to those brothers in person. Bahahaha

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Hip Redux

3 - Don't beat yourself up in training or in evaluating your workouts and racing

4 - Recognize that your running ability is a result of many factors, not just how serious you are or how hard you push

OMG, I should send that to that PITA RD who slammed me for walking up a hill lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Just read a great article in RT about attitude.  I can say that any time I've had the chance to talk with our local "elites" who are I guess technically sub-elite, they have had a very similar mindset.  It's us damn hobby-joggers that need to try to keep it real. Smile

Good read.  Re: point 2, I've certainly noticed the snobbery among some of the local wannabe elites.  Seems like they only talk to each other and never comment when a slower runner has questions or sets a PR.  As someone who started off as a back half of the pack runner and have slowly worked my way up in the field, there is definitely an attitude change among faster runners.  I run with the friendly spirit of a hobby jogger, when even a bad race is still a good day.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

2X1200

1X1600

brief cool down

Pilates later and travel

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

OMG, I should send that to that PITA RD who slammed me for walking up a hill lol

Grrrrrrr.......I hate seeing her face on FB now.

<3

Cyberic

Ran easy with strides and I finally found the way I'll do them. Essentially I split the 20 seconds in thirds. First third I accelerate, second third I keep my top speed (not TOO fast, something like mile pace), and last third I decelerate while keeping control of form.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I still remember one of the local "invited elite" at a 5k 3 years ago standing as far away from myself and another runner whenreceiving her AG award (she won). I guess we weren't in her league, so she was not going to acknowledge us in any way. Way to represent your club & a LRS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A tad bit slower than i hoped but I got it done. Smile

Lily I'm not quite sure your question but this week's mileage should be 62 miles and in two weeks it goes to 63 and then I taper. My biggest concern is the long runs which top out at 16. Higdon worked for me in the past but it no longer worried me. Hanson scares the beejeebies out of me which I figured was a good thing. If it doesn't scare you it doesn't challenge you in my opinion. And This plan is scaring me more than I ever thought. Chris used it twice with great success so I figured i would give it a whirl.  If it doesn't work I'm going on a field trip to speak to those brothers in person. Bahahaha

I would not worry about the 16 milers. You have a good base and can go without anything longer.  Trust the training!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good read.  Re: point 2, I've certainly noticed the snobbery among some of the local wannabe elites.  Seems like they only talk to each other and never comment when a slower runner has questions or sets a PR.  As someone who started off as a back half of the pack runner and have slowly worked my way up in the field, there is definitely an attitude change among faster runners.  I run with the friendly spirit of a hobby jogger, when even a bad race is still a good day.

That's what I call them.  Elites never do that.  Only wannabes.

Damaris

LRB

I just completed an hour of red cord and would like to know what genius set it up on a speed work day. 

Hip Redux

That's what I call them.  Elites never do that.  Only wannabes.

I asked for advice in the main forums about running after yet-another herniated disc.

I got such helpful advice such as "Jeesh... this is a 26 min 5k we are talking about."... so I guess why bother since I'm not fast?  And someone else told me I was stupid to try to continue to run (even though my back problems have no correlation with running).