Beginners and Beyond

The Fashionably Late TUESDAILIES (Read 49 times)

Hip Redux

I remember the first day we "met". Your ass swooped in here out of nowhere like an eagle in the sky. lol

That post is still one of my all time faves though. Lit dat ass up yes you did. 

My first PM was you telling me to cut the crap. LOL

workinprogress11

I remember the first day we "met". Your ass swooped in here out of nowhere like an eagle in the sky. lol

That post is still one of my all time faves though. Lit dat ass up yes you did. 

I don't remember Oski's first post but your description made me giggle.

6 miles easy effort which ended up being right where I'd want it pace wise. I'm going to keep working on this effort thing.

LRB

My first PM was you telling me to cut the crap. LOL

Dudette, that shit was crazy.

None of your doing of course. You were just cleaning house. lol

LRB

I don't remember Oski's first post but your description made me giggle.

Put it this way; the girl can fry some ass.  Deep fried, pan fried, sauteed, poached, grilled, BBQ'd, fricasseed. However you want it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah.

Perhaps I was being overly sensitive, but it totally felt like I was getting extra "comments" because of the type of runner I am.   I guarantee a faster runner with a similar problem would have been treated differently.   In the end, I did get some good advice.

And in hindsight looking at that thread, the numbness in that leg was likely from my psoas nerve entrapment.  It got way worse just before surgery, but after surgery it's actually gone and most of my back pain is better as well Smile

The horror. You brought up running less.   A faster runner would probably get "you would be so much faster if you would run more". The irony is that in the non-running world, short intense cardio workouts are the "in" thing. If someone performs well on a less running plan, it is always "but you could do so much better". If someone improves with more mileage, than it is all pats on the back & way to go. Maybe I'm just bitter because more mileage has equaled no improvement & my fastest 5k last year was off a RLRF plan.

If you are ever on RWOL, do not bring up running less or walk breaks.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.3 miles with 6 half-assed hill surges. My legs weren't feeling it to make them sprints. Can spring weather actually show? It's getting really old needing all the clothing. And when it warms up, I am going to blind people from being so pale.

Hip Redux

Put it this way; the girl can fry some ass.  Deep fried, pan fried, sauteed, poached, grilled, BBQ'd, fricasseed. However you want it.

I had to go back and look.  It was quite the classic meltdown thread.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hey Oski, here's another dig at "slower" runners. No need to mention the time is unremarkable. And it's still faster than my PR.

Hip Redux

Hey Oski, here's another dig at "slower" runners. No need to mention the time is unremarkable. And it's still faster than my PR.

No "real runners" showed up.  lol  Nice.  Probably could have phrased that a TAD bit better.

As for running less, I am doing more cross training than I am running. I don't think it can get less - but guess what?  I haven't gotten injured again.  :P

LRB

I finally felt OK enough to exercise this morning. I served 51:02 on the TM:

Nice job yo! Thanks for putting together that clever title. Back in the 'hood fashionably late was AKA CP time. lol

Hi Blue. I actually like those ridiculous looking capris. On speed day they are standard issue.

Enjoy the weather Scotty, Lord knows you have suffered this winter. lol

32 days and counting Boon and you are looking good my man. Oh, and your training is looking good too.

D2 the rest from running will serve you well.

Tired is the word of the year for me Lori. It will be over soon enough though.

Hi D. Enjoy the run.

I actually cleaned the office microwave out once H2. My boss walked in and his jaw dropped.

You need a masseuse to rub dat ass out Zelly. I am getting mine rubbed Friday.

You might feel those squats for a day or two Lauren, be smart babe.

You probably need to just eat a bit more lily. But knowing you, you will be back to a million pushups in no time.

Good luck finding a cover so you can fix things up in the microwave FS.

Nice Avi CJ1.

What up doe BP.

Nice workout Marj. Will this be a short trip?

'Sup C99. I have not actually done strides in a month of Sundays.

Good luck at your race this weekend Blue. You are going to smoke dat beeyotch. 

outoftheblue

I just went and read the thread as well.  My take is that some people just really enjoy giving "expert" advice.  I may have even been guilty of that once or twice myself.  I thought you handled your end of it very well.

I didn't realize quite the degree to which you were dealing with back issues.  Wow.  I'm glad you are able to run as much as you are.

Life is good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No "real runners" showed up.  lol  Nice.  Probably could have phrased that a TAD bit better.

As for running less, I am doing more cross training than I am running. I don't think it can get less - but guess what?  I haven't gotten injured again.  :P

Heck, I'll admit that when I finish up high. But who registers for a race is out of my control.

Hip Redux

Heck, I'll admit that when I finish up high. But who registers for a race is out of my control.

Yeah.  It's pretty much the only way I get an AG award.  lol

But when you have a new runner, geez, don't rain on their parade.   I would have loved a 25min 5k my first time out!

Hip Redux

I just went and read the thread as well.  My take is that some people just really enjoy giving "expert" advice.  I may have even been guilty of that once or twice myself.  I thought you handled your end of it very well.

I didn't realize quite the degree to which you were dealing with back issues.  Wow.  I'm glad you are able to run as much as you are.

Thanks.  Yeah, my back has been a constant source of aggravation/pain for decades.   All just part of the fun lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah.  It's pretty much the only way I get an AG award.  lol

But when you have a new runner, geez, don't rain on their parade.   I would have loved a 25min 5k my first time out!

Yep. Or top 3 are all from my AG.