Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Krampuslauf Weekend (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Have you been naughty or nice?

PADRunner

A couple of miles warm up, a couple miles race at the Don Zetnick Winter Run, and probably a couple of miles cool down for the day.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

A couple of miles warm up, a couple miles race at the Don Zetnick Winter Run, and probably a couple of miles cool down for the day.

Sounds like a plan. Wink

Zelanie

Morning, PAD! Good luck!

I think I've been nice this year. Smile Hopefully Santa has been watching.

I got up early for my streak run. Today I have Weight Watchers work pretty much all day and through the evening, so I wanted to get my mile in. I haven't run first thing in the morning in a really long time. Smile

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Still sick.... whine, whine, bitch, moan =P  But not nearly as sick as DR from reading the speedy people thread.

Anyway, probably another stupid rest day for me.  Just walking the dog led to horrible coughing fits so I can't imagine what running would do to me.

Pad - enjoy your run

Z - nice that you got your miles in early

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Still super sick.  Blah blah blah indeed.

Damaris

PADRunner

Sorry for the ailments. Hope everyone gets to feeling bettor soon.

I ran 2 in 18:19 good enough for 3rd place AG and a coveted Don Zetnick Winter Run Penguin!

Sly got a slightly bigger Penguin.

From the Internet.

Long run this morning, mostly with group and the last few on my own. Good run but got super hungry at mile 11 and subsequently kinda nauseated at 12.25. Still not fully refueled and stomach is still in turmoil - nothing sounds appealing but the pint of ice cream I picked up, so I guess I'll break into that right about now.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

14 for us which was longest since our last race in the spring.  We did our .95/.05 walk/run for most of the run although I had planned .45/.05.   It didn't warm  up much so we were cool all the way.  Other than an achy neck/back for me and DW' achy back of her knees we kept up a fairly steady pace and weren't all that tired at the end.

Time to watch some football now (if I can stay awake).

Feel better Jill and D.

Congrats PAD Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sorry for the ailments. Hope everyone gets to feeling bettor soon.

I ran 2 in 18:19 good enough for 3rd place AG and a coveted Don Zetnick Winter Run Penguin!

Sly got a slightly bigger Penguin.

Congrats!

Thats a hell of an accomplishment during your marathon taper!   Opposing race distance types!

PADRunner

Congrats!

Thats a hell of an accomplishment during your marathon taper!   Opposing race distance types!

I was happy with my time and Lucky Billy didn't run and Raymond ran the 10k.

You didn't do too bad yourself. Masters 2 years in a row.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice, PAD!

I ran 11 miles on the TM at the gym in 1:38 and change. Actually, it wasn't bad.  Staff party tonight and Jerry, I will be drinking 805.  Not 805 beers, but the brand 805. Smile

GinnyinPA

Jill and Damaris - sorry you're both still so sick.  I hope it gets better soon.

PAD - great AG award.  Congratulations. I've never seen a two mile race before.

Slymoon - congratulations to you too.

Z - I hope your WW day went well.  Good job on the streak run.

Lauren - do you do your LR before breakfast?  I couldn't do that. I hope your stomach has settled down.

Jerry - sounds like a really good run.  I can see not wanting to walk when it's cold, or walking really fast.

Jack - good job on the tm run. I hope your party was a good one.

Beautiful day here - 48 and sunny.  I ran 8.5 MP miles from town to home, wandering a bit along the way. It was a day where the road felt like it was uphill all the way, even though it wasn't, but I had no problem keeping the pace.

From the Internet.

PAD that's the cutest award I've ever seen! Congrats! Smile

Ginny - no, in fact I had breakfast before and a gel at the halfway mark. I'm thinking now that it was probably slight dehydration causing it - I'm terrible at drinking enough water when it gets cold out, I could have just my morning coffee and nothing all day at work and barely notice. Sipped water all afternoon and totally back to normal now.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice, PAD!

I ran 11 miles on the TM at the gym in 1:38 and change. Actually, it wasn't bad.  Staff party tonight and Jerry, I will be drinking 805.  Not 805 beers, but the brand 805. Smile

That's about as clever a beer name as Goose Island 312.