Beginners and Beyond

Thymoleptic Thursday Penguins (Read 28 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I always know when Scotty starts the thread because the title has some word in it I'm not familiar with.  So he runs into the butt of police horses AND he expands our vocabulary!!  Chorus rehearsal tonight for me, woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- Was listening to music on my way in, and I was energized by singing along to both Bon Jovi and Vocal Spectrum, an international-winning men's barbershop quartet!  Yes, I'm kind of weird.

Jack -- glad your 11 went well!!  Did you really finish it after midnight?

hog -- hope you dried out!!

Gustav -- stay loose, man!!

Phillie -- you are a leaf-removal machine!!  We mostly just wait for them to blow into the neighbor's yard ...

Bin -- sometimes sleeping in is a good thing!!

PAD -- good luck at the doc's!!

Robert -- have fun at the expo, and don't walk too much!!

jblack -- sounds like you're managing your IT band issues ok, woo-hoo!!

Zelanie -- glad you're enjoying the conference!!

Awood -- woo-hoo for recovery runs!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

*this message has been delete* Don't want a flame-war or to piss off the grammar nazi.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

obiebyke

Edited: Never mind. Not worth it.

RD for me. Vikings game tonight! I don't care if they lose. It'll be fun. 

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Dad on the run.

I wasn't making it a political flame war. I really don't care one way or the other, I just found the joke funny. I will delete it though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HsM: Nooo... I am three hours behind you.

Singer who runs a smidge

I can never remember where people are located.

Speaking of time zone differences, when I first moved out to WA, my folks (in NC) called on my first Saturday out there at 5:30 AM.  I started off with "What's wrong, what happened??"  Dad said, "Nothing's wrong, we just wanted to call and say hello, see how things were going.  Are you still asleep?  Half the day is gone!"  I reminded him I was 3 hours behind him and he said, "Oh yeah.  Sorry ..."

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

HsM - That's funny. I would react the same way though if my parents called me that early.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Super busy day at work but I'm determined to fit in my gym time too - today is squat day, going for 3 sets of 5 at 150. I always seem to get stuck and have to deload once I get to 150, but 145 felt okay last week and 140 felt positively easy over the weekend so I'm hoping I'll nail it this time. Really want to start with a warmup run but my legs are telling me no and I think I'll listen to them - will do either a few minutes on the bike or brisk walking on the treadmill instead.

Amazonian Princess

Aloha kakahiaka!

That means "good morning" and I learned it in a Hawaiian language lesson yesterday morning. I also learned how to string a lei but missed the hula lesson because gravity teamed up with a private cabana and kept me horizontal for several hours Big grin

Did a run/walk along the oceanfront beach walk - tour books said it would be a 3 mile loop but Garmin read closer to 2.5 - would have repeated the loop but the sun had come up and I was starting to sizzle. Been taking photos I can share later but right now all I have is the iPhone.

So quick question, is three the right number of runs for maintenance? I don't expect any progress but don't want to backslide either.

Mahalo!

I can. I will. I am. 

Dad on the run.

Baconista - I have heard 3 days a week for maintenace. 4+ for improving. Not sure how accurate those numbers are though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - Those headwinds can definitely be a pain.  Nice run though.

Jack - What kind of goodies did you get?

Mitch - The window for running in the rain is closing around here.  It's almost snow run time.

Gustav - Can't wait to hear about your race!

Phillie - That reminds me.  I have to take care of the leaves myself.  Ugh!

Bin - Enjoy the taper, but get to bed early and practice getting up on time.

PAD - Enjoy those intervals.  I can't wait to start those up soon.

Jblackjr - You have the weirdest injury ever.  Just saying.  I don't have any advice, but just an observation.

Zel - Enjoy the conference.  Are you the guest speaker?

Docket - Rest day?  Does that mean you're keeping it under 10 miles?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HopesMom - I'm glad that someone in this group can sing, because I sure can't.

obiebyke - Are you going to the game?  I haven't been to a professional game since I got kicked out of an XFL game.

Lauren - Squats are awesome.  I really should still do them, but it gets me all fired up and I want to start powerlifting again.  My doctor and I agree that it's not a good thing for me to even think about Undecided

Baconista - Sounds like an awful time.  I hope you survive it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Awood - I know... I'm hoping the increase in infrequency means it's getting better? So do you just stay away from the weights all together?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Had 12 on the schedule, but a girl friend joined me on part of the run, so ended up a bit over 13.  It certainly made for a nice, fun run.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Awood- ha! I am a lowly attendee here.