Beginners and Beyond

Thymoleptic Thursday Penguins (Read 28 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo, I'm busy!  And lost in whatever flameout conversation happened but was deleted.  Curse you edit button!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: a bunch of college stuff to decorate my classroom. Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Philly, can you come over and do the leaves in my yard next?  Happy tapering!

Gotta put the alarm out of arm's reach, Bin, so you have to get up to turn the darn thing off.

Hope you're enjoying the Expo, Robert!

Yeah, Jack, the lady here sent me an info copy of the message she sent you.  Glad they finally got the ball rolling!

How is the weather in Albuquerque, Zelanie?

Welcome back to running again post-marathon, Awood.  Hope your legs are feeling strong again.

Happy chorus rehearsal, HsM!    I try to avoid horses now...  I like the Hawaii time difference, especially in football season.  When I lived there, all the NFL football games came on pretty much in the early morning, which was nice. And the night games were afternoon ones there, so didn't lose any sleep by staying up late late late if the game went long.

Enjoy the game obiebyke!

Enjoy your gym time, Lauren!  Nobody can say you don't do squat!

Are you in Hawaii now, Baconista?  I am SO jealous!  My favorite place in the whole world, out of the many places I traveled to in the world during my military career.   Where's my winning lottery ticket?  I want to move back to Hawaii and stay there FOREVER!   Some great running there.  I used to run Diamond Head quite regularly...get to the top, and awarded with beautiful ocean views.

Glad you had a fun run, Cherie! And then you should have gone with your friend for cold beers after... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

So, one day traveling with coworkers is long enough to start to be less patient, right? Our hotel is 7 blocks from the conference, with big, nice sidewalks. My coworkers keep complaining that it is too far and trying to take the hotel shuttle. Really, people?

Dad on the run.

Docket - It's ok, it was just an anti-obama joke. Probably not the proper place to post anyways and I wasn't trying to start any kind of political debate or trying to turn the dailies into a meltdown thread so I removed it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, one day traveling with coworkers is long enough to start to be less patient, right? Our hotel is 7 blocks from the conference, with big, nice sidewalks. My coworkers keep complaining that it is too far and trying to take the hotel shuttle. Really, people?

In Miami, I wouldn't walk one block anywhere or I would lose my makeup, but I'm sure your weather is nicer.  Nice weather = long walks.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

For us, conferences = nicer dress = bad shoes.  People don't want to walk because the shoes are stupid!  Fortunately I've evolved to wearing a pair of Tevas.  They're just like dress sandals ... sort of ...

Although I pulled them off in a  talk one time because I felt like being barefoot.  That night I had a dinner with my old graduate group, and one of them said, "I saw you in that talk, WITH YOUR SHOES OFF!!"  Oh, the horror!  I mean, you wear sandals and nobody cares.  But slip that tiny piece of leather off the bottom of your foot and it's OMGDEATHBAREFOOT!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

They can't go out drinking with me.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Sunny, clear weather here. I am the only one in heels. I do think I'm the youngest. But I'd better be able to walk around when I get older! One more good reason to keep running.

obiebyke

Awood - I am going to the game! I've never been to a pro game. Exciting. What on earth got you kicked out of the XFL game? This I have to hear!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

SheCan

Yo, I'm busy!  And lost in whatever flameout conversation happened but was deleted.  Curse you edit button!

LOL, yup, but sometimes I have to remember that sometimes being outta the loop is a good thing.  Wink

Glad you had a fun run, Cherie! And then you should have gone with your friend for cold beers after... Joking

I still might! Joking

BTW, those looked like some awesomely fun socks!  Maybe they'll be warm too... I'm like you, 51* is freaking freezing, even if water doesn't know it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I was going to the bathroom, and there was a really long line.  Nobody was using this one stall because the door was off of the hinges, and it was laying on the toilet.  Rather than wait in line, I moved the door and used it.

Security must have thought that I knocked the door off, but I didn't.  So, the guy says to me, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave", and I had been drinking heavily.  People in line were trying to tell the guy that I didn't do anything, and I tried to explain.  He wasn't trying to hear any of that.  So, he repeats himself, "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave".  I quit trying to be diplomatic, and looked him square in the eye and said, "Then, I'm going to have to ask you to call backup".

He walked away, and everyone in line was like DDAAAAMMMNNNNN!!!!  So, I went back to my seat.  Guess what.  The guy did exactly what I had asked him to do.  I've never seen so many yellow security jackets.  He must have called an all hands on deck.  I looked at my friends and let them know, "Hey, we had a deal.  I asked me to leave.  I asked him to call backup.  A deal is a deal.".  So, I left.

Awood - I am going to the game! I've never been to a pro game. Exciting. What on earth got you kicked out of the XFL game? This I have to hear!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

SheCan

Wow...!  LOL you're my hero, Awood, and I'm not sure why, but I sure like that story.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It was a misunderstanding, but it does make for a great story.  Also, it was an XFL game in the dead of winter in Chicago.  If you could get out of there without losing digits to frost bite, and have a great story that's a win.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had my sonogram.  Sigh.  I might need surgery soon.  Why wasn't I born a man?

Damaris