Beginners and Beyond

Thymoleptic Thursday Penguins (Read 28 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That sucks D, but you wouldn't want to be a man either.  How bad is the surgery?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Just B.S.

I had my sonogram.  Sigh.  I might need surgery soon.  Why wasn't I born a man?

Dont worry about it before it happens and if it does it is  not that big a deal. I had to take off 6 weeks for my hysterectomy last Feb then came back with a PR at all of the 10 races I did for the rest of the year which included every distance from 5 k to the marathon. My body was so happy to not have to deal with everything I went thru for 10 years that it rewarded me with all those PRs! LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dont worry about it before it happens and if it does it is  not that big a deal. I had to take off 6 weeks for my hysterectomy last Feb then came back with a PR at all of the 10 races I did for the rest of the year which included every distance from 5 k to the marathon. My body was so happy to not have to deal with everything I went thru for 10 years that it rewarded me with all those PRs! LOL

Sounds promising!  I can do 6 weeks. I think!

Damaris

Just B.S.

I dealt with  20 years of fibroids , ovations cysts and also a prolapsed cervix for 2 years prior to my surgery. Nothing like running a marathon wondering the entire time when it might decide to fall out. ( sorry boys that's just life

Philliefan33

Of course you can. It might even be a good thing to let your body take a nice rest--you typically are like the Energizer Bunny with too much caffeine!

PADRunner

Sorry to here that D. I'm having a colonoscopy if it helps any.

I had my sonogram.  Sigh.  I might need surgery soon.  Why wasn't I born a man?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I dealt with  20 years of fibroids , ovations cysts and also a prolapsed cervix for 2 years prior to my surgery. Nothing like running a marathon wondering the entire time when it might decide to fall out. ( sorry boys that's just life

Mine lasted 6 years.  I wish I can get a hysterectomy but I am sure the doctor will veto it on the ridiculous belief I might want children later.  Glad to hear you are doing way better after.

Damaris

hog4life

D, I was off just 3 weeks with my colon surgery, head up young lady!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Not a good start to our Nashville roadtrip.  Late start due to a wake we had to go to.  Stopped for dinner 100+ miles north of Indy at dusk and when we returned to the car, realized we didn't have headlights.  Luckily, there is a dealer close to the hotel, so hopefully it will be fixed early enough so we can get to Nashville in time for packet pickup which ends at 7:00 tomorrow night.  No race day packet pickup, so we might be bar crawling early.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - That stinks.  Why aren't we working on your car right now?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I could help. I could hold the flashlight and the beer.

hog4life

Jerry, can you check the fuse? Go to Auto Zone, they can swap the bulb for you if thats what it needs. Bummer

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

LOL....LMAO....

Zelanie

I didn't realize that Albuquerque was at 5,300' elevation.  I thought maybe it was just the desert air that was wiping me out tonight, hehe.  My hat is seriously off to anybody here who runs in desert air or at elevation, though!  I want my rain clouds and green valleys back already!

D- Just think of all of those BA recovery skills that you have built up through marathoning.  I bet you have BA surgery recovery skills too.

Jerry- Hoping you'll be on the road again bright and early!

Just B.S.

Mine lasted 6 years.  I wish I can get a hysterectomy but I am sure the doctor will veto it on the ridiculous belief I might want children later.  Glad to hear you are doing way better after.

You are 38 years old right? and private insurance?

I don't believe your Dr can refuse on that grounds, especially given what would be considered an

advanced maternal age and if he does you can find another Doctor easily enough.