Beginners and Beyond

SunDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ugh, I can't wait for this humidity to break.  The dew point hit 73º this morning, which is the highest I've run in so far this year.  I'm just not used to it and not sure I want to be.  8½ miles done and everyone else in the house is still asleep.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Oops, I started a dup

Dense overcast, drop of mist now and then.

5.25 a bit more sluggish than I wanted… kinda like stream grade; gentle decline/incline, not even a tiny bump

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 5 and weights later.

Damaris

Just thought I’d share some Maine trivia…. the backstory of Bambi:

https://newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/to-discover-the-real-bambi-walt-disney-goes-to-maine/

sdWhiskers

3 miles. Dew point is 58F 

DavePNW

Ugh, I can't wait for this humidity to break.  The dew point hit 73º this morning, which is the highest I've run in so far this year.  I'm just not used to it and not sure I want to be.  8½ miles done and everyone else in the house is still asleep.

That dewpoint is redonculous. You can never get used to it. Just ask Damaris. 

6 mile recovery slog, very much feeling yesterday’s LR/MP, especially in the first mile. 60 for the week, first time I’ve hit that since March.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

No nudity this morning. 5 miles with interrvals plus lower body stregnth. At least it was overcast.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That dewpoint is redonculous. You can never get used to it. Just ask Damaris. 

6 mile recovery slog, very much feeling yesterday’s LR/MP, especially in the first mile. 60 for the week, first time I’ve hit that since March.

Yup. There is no acclimating to humidity. You are just miserable forever.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Entertaining but also dumb.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yup. There is no acclimating to humidity. You are just miserable forever.

And constant bad hair days

DavePNW

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Entertaining but also dumb.

Some pretty emotional moments! I thought it was in the upper tier of post-Endgame MCU films. Granted that’s a fairly low bar.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I went mountain biking today for the better part of four hours.  It was a "fun ride" event for the local MTB chapter and there were probably 300 riders there.  We had five in our group and had a blast.  Slow going, casual atmosphere.  Still, it was 15.5 miles of work.  This has been a great weekend.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some pretty emotional moments! I thought it was in the upper tier of post-Endgame MCU films. Granted that’s a fairly low bar.

We loved it too. There were definitely some wet eyes moments.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We loved it too. There were definitely some wet eyes moments.

Those felt fake and out of place (to me). Raccoons are cute though.

DavePNW

Post-Endgame, the top two for me by far are the latest Spider-Man movies. (Although officially I don’t think the animated one counts as MCU.) Next level is Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2. Then it’s a steep dropoff after that. Ant-Man & The Eternals battle for the cellar.

Dave