Beginners and Beyond

How about a big steaming cup of Mondailies (Read 29 times)

DavePNW

I have never once rolled or sticked. 

Dave

onemile

I have never once rolled or sticked. 

I think it's best to keep it that way

onemile

I didn't roll pre-run this morning for the first time in three weeks. Imma 'bout to throw that thing off the balcony lol

Try abstaining for a few days. It might make your thing feel better.

DavePNW

On another subject. For you Ghost wearers out there - do you recall noticing any difference when they switched from the 9 to the 10? The Brooks Outlet store near us is having their twice-yearly sale, which features major discounts. But I think they will only have the 10. I have never moved past the 9, but pretty sure they can't be found anywhere anymore.

Dave

onemile

On another subject. For you Ghost wearers out there - do you recall noticing any difference when they switched from the 9 to the 10? The Brooks Outlet store near us is having their twice-yearly sale, which features major discounts. But I think they will only have the 10. I have never moved past the 9, but pretty sure they can't be found anywhere anymore.

yes, I think there is a difference but I like both. The 10 might feel slightly softer and maybe a touch lighter.  Haven't tried the 11 yet

RunningOnSand

LOL Big grin

Samesies. And actually, I've heard awesome things about the new Brooks Levitate 2's, so I'm considering trying them this time.

I ran 5.1

My glute and hammy were on fire all weekend. I've decided to just run until one or both implode, since resting them has done exactly shit.

I told my coach about it and he is having me do a couple different exercises, for both stretches and strength. This and this one but with the latter one, instead of the leg just staying straight up, you are trying to straighten it, then slowly releasing, and repeat repeat repeat. And the other leg isn't bent, it's straight on the ground. Not sure if you guys' is the same, but mine's been better after doing these.

Also, since we talk food a lot, I made these for tonight, and I'm really excited (they are DELICIOUS).

workinprogress11

780 miles.

Ok, fine. I was on a plane.

DavePNW

yes, I think there is a difference but I like both. The 10 might feel slightly softer and maybe a touch lighter.  Haven't tried the 11 yet

Of course the concerning factor is slight changes in fit, with potentially unexpected consequences. And everyone's foot is different, so you'll never know until you try it. And run in them for a while. And this will be an all-sales-final kind of deal, so I guess I'll just have to take my chances if the price is right.

Dave

LRB

I think it's best to keep it that way

Agreed. As with all things, if it ain't broke, don't break it.

LRB

780 miles.

Ok, fine. I was on a plane.

lol

That was funny!

LRB

Agreed. The thought occurred to me which is why I didn't roll today.

It's been 3 weeks with the roller and about 9 weeks with this issue in my ass. It hasn't fixed it but it has made a difference in the tightness I typically have in other areas of my legs those first few miles.

onemile

Hey Baboon, what do you think about the Adidas adizero sub2?  Supposed to be a racier version of the Adios.

LRB

I told my coach about it and he is having me do a couple different exercises, for both stretches and strength. This and this one but with the latter one, instead of the leg just staying straight up, you are trying to straighten it, then slowly releasing, and repeat repeat repeat. And the other leg isn't bent, it's straight on the ground. Not sure if you guys' is the same, but mine's been better after doing these.

Also, since we talk food a lot, I made these for tonight, and I'm really excited (they are DELICIOUS).

Your use of inserting links is impressive, but have you figured out, or re-figured out as it were, how to post pics??

LRB

...but with the latter one, instead of the leg just staying straight up, you are trying to straighten it...

Extending the lower leg from that position is what causes me all of the grief. When doing so, I feel a tightness in my hamstring, hip or glute or all.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Those enchiladas look yummy.

Damaris