Beginners and Beyond

Incredible news (Read 161 times)

Nevrgivup

I am friends with many of you on Fb, but many I am not. I want to share some awesome and incredible news. My application/essay was chosen through a limited amount of entries for those that were affected by the Boston marathon bombings. Many of you know that I was there in the main medical tent. This will be my debut marathon and it couldn't be more perfect. It is setting in that I will be running in the 2014 Boston marathon! Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

SheCan

That's wonderful.  I'm glad you were chosen and will have the opportunity to come to terms with everything.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Ric-G

Congrats. You deserve it. Wonderful that this will be your debut!

marathon pr - 3:16

slowrunningjulie

Congratulations! I know that it will be a wonderful and very meaningful experience for you.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Pinktastic

What awesome news!   And, it couldn't have happened to a lovelier person!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

onemile

Very cool. You never forget your first. Wink

GinnyinPA

Congratulations!  I hope this helps with the healing.

Antipodean

What wonderful news! Sounds like you truly are deserving of this! Enjoy Big grin

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Too cool... Smile

Dreamn

Congrats!  It will be an awesome first marathon Smile!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

So glad you were chosen. I hope it is an amazing experience for you!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Wicked cool.

(you have to talk like that in Boston).

Nevrgivup

Wicked cool.

(you have to talk like that in Boston).

Ridiculously cool! Haha. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

I'm very happy for you.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am friends with many of you on Fb, but many I am not. I want to share some awesome and incredible news. My application/essay was chosen through a limited amount of entries for those that were affected by the Boston marathon bombings. Many of you know that I was there in the main medical tent. This will be my debut marathon and it couldn't be more perfect. It is setting in that I will be running in the 2014 Boston marathon! Smile

Congratulations on your essay being selected and good luck with your debut marathon!  As Julie said, that certainly will be a meaningful one for you!  And be prepared....because you will most likely 'lose it" a bit emotionally when you go back there, as a lot of memories for you resurface.    I tell you what, after coming back from overseas, the first time I went to the Vietnam Wall to give thanks by putting my hand on the name there of the person who saved my life....wow....VERY emotional.  So be prepared for that and just let it go.... nothing wrong with that, it's a way of "releasing" things and helping you cope.

Looking forward to your report.  Wishing you all the best!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt