Beginners and Beyond

Incredible news (Read 161 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congratulations!! What great news!! So happy for you!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Congrats! They made a perfect choice.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Will run for scenery.

Glad to hear it.  I'm sure it will be a trying and wonderful experience.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Not sure this could have happened for a more deserving person.  This is an amazing opportunity for you and we hope it allows you some much needed healing.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Nevrgivup

Thank you everyone! I just submitted my essay and a photo to the Boston Globe as they contacted me for a story they are working on, on the bombings and what the BAA is doing to help those that were there heal. Crazy and exciting week.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Very exciting news.  I am really happy for you.  To find inspiration in your running buddy, and to now be able to run Boston wow.  Hopefully closure is close at hand for you.  Now get ready to run in all the Boston cold this winter, lol.

Zelanie

I am so happy for you!  Congratulations!  I hope that it gives you some great memories to add to your memories of the race.

Goorun

Fantastic and well deserved (and yes I saw your FB updates).

Slow and steady never wins anything.

workinprogress11

That's wonderful news and a just reward for the help and comfort you gave people last year.   Congratulations!

RSX

Congrats and nice story/picture in the Boston Globe today. 1 of my friends mentioned reading that article so I got it. I will be in wave 4 also.

Nevrgivup

Congrats and nice story/picture in the Boston Globe today. 1 of my friends mentioned reading that article so I got it. I will be in wave 4 also.

That is so awesome!  Will that be the wave they put me in? Lol. All new to me. Very excited! Hope to meet you and good luck with your training.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Rondog65

Congrats on getting in and have fun with your training regiment, it is part of the journey.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Hip Redux

Way cool.  Congrats!

runwell3

Hilary!  that is such fantastic news...congratulations.  I've thought of you over these past months and hoped that you've been able to get beyond being haunted by those events.  It's been tough, I know.  I was also one of  those fortunate enough to be offered one of these invitational entries and felt such a resurgence of hope and optimism!  Good luck with your training &, again,...so happy for you!

RSX

That is so awesome!  Will that be the wave they put me in? Lol. All new to me. Very excited! Hope to meet you and good luck with your training.

Yes they added a 4th wave this year for the expanded field. I have run it 5 times but pre-wave. (volunteered the last 6 years so saw what they are like). I love everything about Boston so am also psyched. I recommend driving east at least once to tackle those hills (especially miles 15-21) during training. I do all my long runs on the course only because I am near. Good luck and hope to meet you also.