Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES in the Real World (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran 12 miles this morning, started out the door with a clear night sky and the moon shining bright, a nice 54 degrees. The first half of the run was great, but then my stomach began knotting up among other things but my legs felt fine up until mile 11 when they began to feel sore from all the hills I tried to involve in my run. Overall 12 miles in 1:55:35, now I will be lazy for the rest of the day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Schnauzer - sounds swanky, what did you eat?

I had the Flat Iron Steak prepared with asparagus, gorgonzola espuma, truffle potato croquettes, and red beet bordelaise. 

For appetizers we had:

Calamari Salad - port judith hand trapped calamari, arugula, frisée, watercress, herbal ocean broth.

Margherita Thin Crust Pizza - roasted tomato, basil, fresh mozzarella, sea salt.

Lobster Sushi - It was one of their specials for the night. Absolutely delicious!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I started at 5:30am and even then it was too late.  93-95F and 75DP made for a horrid long run but 22 miles with the last 6 @ MP to HMP is done.

Damaris

Hello dailies!  Sounds like I've got some RRs to find.

After an unscheduled cutback week, I eased back into things this week with three trail runs.  Excellent way to take my eyes off pace - too busy watching my footing on the hills.  All up and down on single track and old fire trails.  Back on the roads today for 6 a little faster than the easy pace suggested by my last race.  Puts me on schedule for the local running clubs track workout Tuesday.  Haven't been in some time, we'll see how it goes....   Smile

B-Plus

Ugh.

I am so dreading this!

You're not the only one! Stupid rain.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.2 for me. Light rain at the start but then just mostly cloudy so I didn't have the sun to beat me up.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

I had the Flat Iron Steak prepared with asparagus, gorgonzola espuma, truffle potato croquettes, and red beet bordelaise. 

For appetizers we had:

Calamari Salad - port judith hand trapped calamari, arugula, frisée, watercress, herbal ocean broth.

Margherita Thin Crust Pizza - roasted tomato, basil, fresh mozzarella, sea salt.

Lobster Sushi - It was one of their specials for the night. Absolutely delicious!

I want to come eat with you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Jay - I actually ate in your neck of the woods not too long ago. DW, me and a bunch of my co-workers and their significant others had dinner at the Buffalo Chophouse. The food was excellent once again. I understand it is the choice of many of the Buffalo pro sports teams.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

I want to come eat with you!

The more, the merrier!

Will run for scenery.

I'm supposed to be preparing for my 50k next week (!!!) so I decided to take it easy yesterday.  Ended up on my my feet for 6+ hours searching for mushrooms.  Covered 13 miles @ 10k feet, with a 1000 foot descent then climb.

Walking slow is hard !  My body feels like I was trudging through a crowded mall at Christmastime for 6 hours.

Funny.  If I had run the HM I DNSed instead, I'd probably feel better and more confident.

For today : Maybe I'll hand trap me some calamari to go with the mushrooms.  Or just get coffee and do the crossword.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Funny.  If I had run the HM I DNSed instead, I'd probably feel better and more confident.

Always the pull between more training and fresh legs.  I think you made the right call, FWIW  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I read I want to come eat you and I was flabbergasted that Shari would want to eat you, being gluten free and all. Joking

Damaris

Hip Redux

I read I want to come eat you and I was flabbergasted that Shari would want to eat you, being gluten free and all. Joking

Aside from the pizza, it all looked GF!   So, I would also like to come along Joking

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Recovery run, 4.5 miles. Pace around 9:30. Felt pretty good, though I'm not nearly 100% today.

Freesoul - nice run there!

SUS - you've got a very fast local in that marathon!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Wow it looks like I have to reserve a bigger table next time! Did I mention the atmosphere and ambiance are also to notch.