Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! I'm off to a local track to do a time trial. A couple people from my running group wanted to do some speed work so I thought i'd tag along. I probably shouldn't, since I have a race tomorrow, but it's a new distance for me (4 mile) and it'll be ok if I don't kill it.

Happy birthday Phil!!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Today is my Friday - yay!

Happy Birthday, Phil!

Jay, big hugs. You deserve someone that makes you happy and doesn't fuck around (literally and figuratively).

I meant to run some more miles last night, until I accidentally fell asleep on the couch after dinner. Oops. Going to shoot for an MLR after work. There's a small chance we might close early, so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck with the time trial, lilac.

April, jealous of your weekend and early day.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Jay, you are not a bad person.   In fact, you handled that about 9 bazillion times more maturely than I likely would have.

Tonight is the XC race series again.   I was hoping to get out on the bike this morning but it's 9am and already humid with a rain heading our way so....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am off today and the rest of the week, yay!  Enjoyed sleeping in today until 7 a.m. - usually get up around 5 a.m.  We are having some very nice morning weather - dewpoint this morning in the 50s, temp of 68 degrees, low humidity.  Will be mowing my lawn this morning for some x-training.  I am still mulling over doing the Firecracker 5K at 7:30 pm tonite, held in San Marcos, about an hour's drive from San Antonio.  This year it will be held in a lovely little park called 5-Mile Dam Park.  Tomorrow morning, I am definitely doing the San Antonio Roadrunners 4-Mile Freedom Run at 7:30 a.m.

After work yesterday, I went to Lackland Air Force Base and got 4 miles in.  Nice running at Lackland, the only problem being there is absolutely no shade on the base, as it is all troop walks (since Air Force basic training is there) and open roads.  I started at 4 PM.  Temp was 92 degrees with a 'feels like" temp of 96, but it did not feel like 96 to me, as the dewpoint was 52 and the humidity was only 48%, sweet!  All my running segments went well, and I even did 'hill work" by running over 3 of the troop walk pedestrian overpasses that go over the highway that goes between the 2 sides of the base.  Felt strong for the whole 4 miles.

DaveP, what I do to calm down...

Hope your time trial went well, Lilac!

Happy "Friday" for you April.  Sounds like you needed the rest last night.  Good luck with your run today!

I did not read last night's postings, so apparently missed the Jay story.  However, from what y'all are saying here, I kind of get the gist, and I wish Jay all the luck and happiness in the world!

Dave, Good luck with your appointment, hope you can start to get that knee problem solved!

Happy 5 miles later, Damaris.  Hope your allergy shot helps!

Time to change doctors, Kristin!  Good luck with your 10K tomorrow!  Take - or get -  lots of photos! Will you be wearing a 'sparkly' 4th of July running outfit?

Happy Birthday, Phil!  That's 287 in dog years!

Congrats on your "6 easy" LRB.  Easy for you means you were only doing 5 min-per-mile pace, right?  Wink

Good luck with the 4 later, BeachRunner.  Shifty math..so you were an accountant?  Joking

Enjoy your rest day, Sarah.  Since you're from here too, you already know there is quite a lot of calf rolling going on in Texas.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Jay, I read your NRR update from yesterday. Wow. To be totally honest I think my wife and I were almost at the point where her attention was starting to drift. She wasn't in any groups or organizations and that probably saved our marriage. You sound like a very interesting guy with his head on straight, so I wouldn't worry if I were you about finding a mate after FEW becomes an EW.

As for me, I did 4 Easy miles this morning because I registered for a 10k tomorrow. Now I just need to ask the DW if I can run it. Obviously I wouldn't have signed up unless it was all but certain that she'd say yes. Smile

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

I've been busy and am pouting. Trying to wrap up a last-minute project before DS and I leave for about 9 days to visit family, while dealing with super-tight back muscles and allergies/sinus crap. Sorry I haven't been checking in, reading or replying.

Today was my second URD for the week, I hope to try running again tomorrow. Not sure whether to DNS a 10k I'm registered for on Saturday or not. It will be ugly if I run it, but it is also the last year they will be holding this event, and I've done it several times.

OK, done bitchin'. Go on about your day!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks for the birthday wishes!  14.25 miles done at 9:41 pace.  Longest and hilliest run of the year.  Also my first time in short shorts and first time in my new singlet.  88% humidity.  UGH.  Predictably, I got tired the last couple of miles.  Good run though and I'm very happy with it.

<3

B-Plus

Happy birthday Baboon.

Thanks for sharing yesterday, Jay. You've been handling this remarkably and you'll get through it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do it and have fun.  Sorry about the sinus crap.

I've been busy and am pouting. Trying to wrap up a last-minute project before DS and I leave for about 9 days to visit family, while dealing with super-tight back muscles and allergies/sinus crap. Sorry I haven't been checking in, reading or replying.

Today was my second URD for the week, I hope to try running again tomorrow. Not sure whether to DNS a 10k I'm registered for on Saturday or not. It will be ugly if I run it, but it is also the last year they will be holding this event, and I've done it several times.

OK, done bitchin'. Go on about your day!

Damaris

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Mornin' folks, it's going to be a rain-fest here the next few days, so I'll be making the most of the Y membership. Looking for 4-5 after work.

Happy birthday to Baboon!

Scotty - glad you're laundry list came out pretty much clean!

Pink - so glad you're running again!

Will try to get to more personals later, but work beckons! Hi to everyone else and have a great day!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay! Office is closing at 3.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Dailies!

And what a morning it's been. Apparently, all my activities yesterday made me just a little bit sleepy - I slept for 10 hours last night. Haven't done that in months. I went to bed at a respectable 11:30, expecting to be up at 6:30 or so, but when I awoke, it was 9:30!

I guess I needed the rest.

SRD/URD, not sure - I wasn't sure if I would be running today or not, but given that it's fixin' to rain all afternoon, I guess my decision is made for me. That's OK - I have plenty of indoor projects to deal with in the meantime.

The replacement dishwasher that I installed yesterday is working great. Quieter than the old one, and it has more room in it. Plus, the interior isn't rusty. I guess the other one outlived its usefulness anyway. Next up - swapping the old range out for a "not-as-old" range. Easy except that the doggone thing is heavy and I won't be dragging it up the stairs.

Have a great day, everyone.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday, Phil!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday, Phil!

Am I the only one calling shannigans on this?  I swear he just had one like 3 months ago.  I think he's double dipping.

Okay I'm probably mis-remembering.  Happy Birthday Baboon!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn